This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your own sci-fi series

sorry guys i need a brainstorming session.

If you were going to write your own tv show/novel/play/whatever (sci-fi of course, but it can be any genre) what would it be about?.

I have to write a short story for an assignment due in a couple of weeks and i'm plumb out of ideas.
    Yep, thats right i'll be partly stealing your ideas, non profit of course...
    So what would you write about and why?

I dont know, probably something like Serenity except mixed with zombies....?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I' write something a bit like the Matrix...y'know...different shades of reality, simulacra...all that stuff. A good sociological piece looking at what makes the characters tick.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm filming/producing a series about an alien God-slayer that gets rid of remaining gods in universes that have already been dominated by its kind, so its kind of cleaning up the last bits of mess

Theres also the followup series for 2008 :
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...T/newflyer.jpg
        Last edited by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab; 30 December 2006, 08:32 AM.
        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I think I'd write a story about adjusting to a a big change in the world ie. the sudden and mysterious disappearance of half the planet's population or something equally dramatic. I like to see how people deal with long term results of a single dramatic event.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

awesome guys, keep em coming. even you mappalazarou

There's green in it for everyone...

Comment

I'd go for something set in a sci-fi world, but be very comedic/character centric/deeply dramatic rather then "hard" sci-fi in terms of being technical/scientific.....so, in other words.....Firefly-like.....but not.

Comment

I'd write about the mafia of the far future, I think organized crime mixed with sci fi could be an interesting combination.

Comment

Probably about...THIS.

/shameless plug.

Comment

Let's see.

6 teenagers.

3 girls.
                    3 boys.

Each individually control a certain aspect of the elements.

Light - Grace
                    Dark - Robert
                    Nature - Lei
                    Fire - Ryan
                    Ice - Seth
                    Water - Marie

The original names were really OTT.

Anyway you can come up with anything you like about them. I've had them being assassins, hunted down by humans and I've also had them falling out and fighting creating world panic.

Choices, choices, choices...

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                      Let's see.

6 teenagers.

3 girls.
                      3 boys.

Each individually control a certain aspect of the elements.

Light - Grace
                      Dark - Robert
                      Nature - Lei
                      Fire - Ryan
                      Ice - Seth
                      Water - Marie

The original names were really OTT.

Anyway you can come up with anything you like about them. I've had them being assassins, hunted down by humans and I've also had them falling out and fighting creating world panic.

Choices, choices, choices...
                      That sounds a bit like Captain Planet...

==================================

One idea I'v played with is a take on the Flying Dutchman legend with a ship jumping back-and-forth threw time.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

What's Captain Planet???

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                          What's Captain Planet???

A stupid left wing animated series where the super heroes save the planet from evil big business types......

Comment

I've been writing a five part video game series and a spin off of Fullmetal Alchemist for while. I've been writing the former for almost two years now. Its 'Samurai Jack' with lots of cool weaponry. The latter actually came about by fusing it with another storyline. Lots and lots of ice and snow. Think 'Kids Next Door', in a perpetual winter, on steroids.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I keep my real ideas to myself on the chance that they'll be developed one day...however...

I'm liking the idea of a sci-fi satire that has at its heart two groups of aliens, inspired by the Wiggles and the Doodlebops, in a eons-old struggle that's on the verge of a holy war. To further the satire, they were once the same species but took two different evolutionary paths. Along with that is the idea that one of the species has been hiding on Earth for decades producing children's programming in an attempt to enlist the youth of Earth into their struggle.
                              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X