This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap DVD sets SG-1, Dead Zone, Pretender, Buffy and Angel

Yep at Walmart. I'm in Canada so this is in Canadian dollars.
    SG-1 season 1-8 with 2for $35 stickers, they were the thinpaks
    Dead Zone season 1 at 19.98 (got it!)
    The Pretender season 1 at 19.98 (got it)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel with 2 for $35 stickers.

And no, you don't need to buy the two for the $35. I scanned in some because we weren't coming up with pairs. Wished season 9 of SG-1 was included!
    There was also a season of Dark Shadows for cheap, can't remember what. I believe it's a vampire soap?

I only wished there were more of DZ and Pretender. I'm forever stuck at not getting past season 3 of DZ and the station I've been trying to watch it on, airs it out of order and season! Haven't seen the Pretender in ages so was happy to get that!
    There were also lots of older shows from all decades. and more recent. It made me wonder if there was a plot to make people buy everything they wanted to watch so they didn't have to pay for cable anymore!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Nice! It seems SG-1 seasons one and two anyway, are on for low $$$ all over the place this week!

S1 and 2 are $17.99 at Future Shop, S1, 2,and 3 are $19.99 at HMV, and I got S1 and 2 in that 2/$35 deal at Wal-Mart- unfortunatly those are the only two seasons my local store had.

And I picked up Angel S1 and 2 at Future Shop for that same price- this is definitly the time to work on adding to collections. BTW, Atlantis, which was $19.99 for the longest time was back at $66 the other day.

Love boxing week.

Comment

My younger sister got me season one of Altantis for Christmas. She's my favourite sister! I only sent her 3 e-mails about the low price when it was on sale.

Comment

what about the US?

walmart here back around thxgiven had smallville,one tree hill,friends, and robot chiken for $14.99 each Except for season 5 of smv was reg price like $48

but I need to update my collection , an for that price ,, yeah!

ECHO28

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
          My younger sister got me season one of Altantis for Christmas. She's my favourite sister! I only sent her 3 e-mails about the low price when it was on sale.
          Very nice sister! I was pretty appalled when I saw that Atlantis set at "full" price the other day.....after paying less then a third of that. More often then not it's a waste to pay full price for these sets.

Comment

Circuit City has a two day sale of each SG1 season for $17.99.... think it's today and tomorrow (January 1st).

Comment

Circuit City they have Stargate seasons 1-9 for $18 and I think it's all week long.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                Circuit City they have Stargate seasons 1-9 for $18 and I think it's all week long.
                Is this in Canada? Not that it matters for me.....there is no Circuit City in my town.

Comment

Circuit City is a waste of retail space anyway, IMO. There are lots of places that have SG-1 on DVD for under $20. I just bought seasons 1 - 3 from Best Buy. Now is definitely the time to start my collection.
                  sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Yep, Best Buy has a bunch for $19.99. I went today, but didn't realize they closed early for the "holiday". I'm going again tomorrow as soon as they open. I'll probably have to order online though. They tend to be out of stock often.
                    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Is this in Canada? Not that it matters for me.....there is no Circuit City in my town.

I live in the USA so I have no clue, you would need to check their ad or the website. But it is all week long and not just for the "holiday".

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien View Post
                        Circuit City is a waste of retail space anyway, IMO. There are lots of places that have SG-1 on DVD for under $20. I just bought seasons 1 - 3 from Best Buy. Now is definitely the time to start my collection.
                        Frak! We need a Best Buy as well! Aside from seasons one and two (which were on for $18-$20 for boxing week at a few places), I can't find any SG-1 for under $37 in my town anymore (they were $29 for awhile) and am lucky to find later seasons for under $50 anywhere.

Comment

I was looking at my reciept and actually got The Pretender for $15! Went back hunting for more seasons. Failed. I saw SG-1 Season 9 for $41 at Walmart. Drat! Though my 6 year old son picked it up and tried to put in the cart! And I said, no way. We can find it cheaper someother time. I took it and then my 2.5 year old daughter GRABBED it from me and I had to convince her to give it to Mommy. That wasn't easy until I said "look! Spongbob!"

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            I was looking at my reciept and actually got The Pretender for $15! Went back hunting for more seasons. Failed. I saw SG-1 Season 9 for $41 at Walmart. Drat! Though my 6 year old son picked it up and tried to put in the cart! And I said, no way. We can find it cheaper someother time. I took it and then my 2.5 year old daughter GRABBED it from me and I had to convince her to give it to Mommy. That wasn't easy until I said "look! Spongbob!"
                            LMAO- sounds like you had fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X