Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Atlantis hold the key to defeating the Orii? (Spoiler Warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Atlantis hold the key to defeating the Orii? (Spoiler Warning)

One area we are really lacking in the war is Technolgical advantage, the Asurans however are probably just as advance as the Ori. They seeks to lash out at their former masters, if we tell them that the Ori are their former masters (they are in a way indirectly), or we could reprogram their base code again.

Won't ZPM missles hurt the Ori a wee bit more than the rail guns? If anything the weapon at Darkara (parodn the spelling), proves the anicents tech is advance enough to fight the Ori.

Originally posted by Deckker View Post
    One area we are really lacking in the war is Technolgical advantage, the Asurans however are probably just as advance as the Ori. They seeks to lash out at their former masters, if we tell them that the Ori are their former masters (they are in a way indirectly), or we could reprogram their base code again.

Won't ZPM missles hurt the Ori a wee bit more than the rail guns? If anything the weapon at Darkara (parodn the spelling), proves the anicents tech is advance enough to fight the Ori.
    Not really. The weapon at dakara only killed the human folowers and the Priors which in essence are just still humans. So a drone might get through their shields but what I was thinking mabey the Wraith ships might get through their sheilds.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deckker View Post

My personal Opinion is that the Ori are more advanced than the ancient so the Asurans couldn't beat them as the ancients knew how to build disruptors and the Ori would most likely be able to aswell. Dakara is not a weapon, the ancients never designed it as a weapon or intended to use it as a weapon. Besides we already know the Ori have a way of counteracting it's effect (Adria's necklace).

Comment

you have to remember the ori are ascended and have given priors ascended knowlegde of how to build their ships with their followers primitive technology and woodwork.

the ancients living millions of years ago were unasended so their tech while advanced were still not compared to the of a asended being!
        sigpic

Comment

But the ancients and the Ori were one society so it would seem that they would be equal technology for example the ori and ancient control chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
            But the ancients and the Ori were one society so it would seem that they would be equal technology for example the ori and ancient control chairs.
            Yeh but whereas all ancient tech about is 10,000 years old, the Ori tech is brand new and straight from the ascended plain.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
              Yeh but whereas all ancient tech about is 10,000 years old, the Ori tech is brand new and straight from the ascended plain.
              Yeah good point. The Ori tech is more advanced than Lantian tech.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The Ori never learned of the Asurans. And no, Atlantis doesn't hold the key to defeating the Ori.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

you never know i guess we will have to see?

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post

the ancients living millions of years ago were unasended so their tech while advanced were still not compared to the of a asended being!
                    Yes it can. The Ancients followed science, the Ori might have better understanding of the universe than they had, but from an engineering point of view I still think the Ancients were superior...

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                      That's what I say, but I do believe if you put the latest Anceint Tech up against the Ori tech, the Ori might have a bit of an advantage because it was Ori knowledge that was used to build the tech, even though it was human hands.

Also, the Asurans (responding to an earlier post) wouldn't fall for it. They probably picked a lot of stuff
                      Spoiler:
                      from Gen. O'neill's head in Return pt 2.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

1) the Ori are using asceneded knowledge to build, bug advantage but there limitation is the materials.
                        2) It is possible tht the Ancients are more advacnded in some areas and the Oris in other areas.

Comment

Working...
                        X