This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children of Men

Coming out on Christmas Day is "Children of Men" based upon the book of teh same name by P.D. James. Set in Britain in 2027, about the human population having suddenly gone sterile and the world has desolved into in mass panic, expecting human extinction to come within the next 50-60 years or so.

The movie looks fantastic- been waiting for this one for months. Anyone else looking forward to it?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/children_of_men/

i saw a clip of it during BSG last night not really my type of movie. i'll probly check it out when its on dvd

Comment

I've seen it...very good, dramatic film.

Everyone should watch it once.

Not for the squeamish or faint of heart though!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        I've seen it...very good, dramatic film.
        Ooh lucky you! That's what I've heard- and from the previews alone, the acting looks top-notch. Really hope to go see it on boxing day.

Comment

Read about it a few weeks ago and thought it sounded interesting. Glad to know it's being released in the US. Hope it comes somewhere near me so I can see it.

Comment

I'll definitely have to check it out. The preview looked interesting enough.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see it

Comment

Sounds interesting. Might have to check it out...
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Read about it a few weeks ago and thought it sounded interesting. Glad to know it's being released in the US. Hope it comes somewhere near me so I can see it.
                  Indeed.
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Brilliant film. I ave neva been so shocked in a film before. I can't believe its taken so long for you to get it

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                      Brilliant film. I ave neva been so shocked in a film before. I can't believe its taken so long for you to get it
                      Great to hear! I think I'll be taking this one in on boxing day.

I'd go on Christmas if I thought my dissappearence could go unnoticed for a few hours.

Comment

I missed this when it was at the pictures. Looks like it will be the DVD for me then.
                        Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        Not for the squeamish or faint of heart though!
                        That sounds like my kind of film!

How about sitting a cardboard cut-out of yourself at the table, Lady Trek.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                          I missed this when it was at the pictures. Looks like it will be the DVD for me then.
                          That sounds like my kind of film!

How about sitting a cardboard cut-out of yourself at the table, Lady Trek.
                          Hehe- I like the way you think!

Comment

Def getting it on DVD, and for the UKers did u see Clive owens jumper when he was in the school?

Comment

I KNEW I recognized that title! It's the only P.D. James book I've read. Hubby reads them. He handed me this one and said it's my kind of thing. Though we have watched some mini series through the library. Can't remember which one.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X