This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan's Labyrinth Discussion

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this as much as I am? The trailers/clips just look visually amazing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pans_labyrinth/

There was an interview with director Guillaimo Del Torro on yesterday's hypaspace clip, which will probably be posted here later today.

http://www.spacecast.com/hypaspace.aspx

Looks interesting. Reminds me a bit of Mirrormask... Only scary.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Looks interesting. Reminds me a bit of Mirrormask... Only scary.
      I thought the same thing- though I haven't seen Mirrormask (only pictures of the artwork), I really like the look of this movie, and am definitly looking forward to a fantasy movie with a creepy/scarier edge to it.

Comment

I like the visual development from the trailer but REALLY like that it isn't for kids.

I'm there on opening day.

-R

Comment

Originally posted by robp View Post
          I like the visual development from the trailer but REALLY like that it isn't for kids.
          Exactly. I really want a more mature fantsy film that isn't watered down for the family audience. This film really looks more like fantasy at it's roots- meant to scare.

Comment

I saw it a few weeks ago (It was released in the UK back then) and it is a fantastic movie. It was not however what I was expecting at all from the trailers and what I'd heard about it before. It is a dark adult fairy tale and is really really good.
            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

A few days ago I scored passes to an advance showing of Guillermo Del Toro's new movie Pan's Labyrinth. http://www.panslabyrinth.com

It's about an imaginitive little girl in Spain near the end of the spanish civil war who discovers an entrance to an ancient fairy-tale land. (Note that this is not a kids movie, despite the innocent sounding description.)

It's a great story, and I was especially impressed by the look of the fairytale creatures (both the technical accomplishments, and the sheer beauty of design).

Anyone else seen it / planning on seeing it / have any thoughts?

Comment

We've already got a thread on it- but you could ask a mod to merge this one with it to avoid multiple thread redundancy. And tell us more in-depth what you thought!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=38585

Comment

A local guy on the news went nuts about this. Said it the best sleeper of the year. I'll have to see it on DVD when it comes out.
                  Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                    A local guy on the news went nuts about this. Said it the best sleeper of the year. I'll have to see it on DVD when it comes out.
                    Nice- I've been reading more and more amazing stuff about this movie- definitly looking forward to seeing it whenever it comes out here..... eventually. Since I can't actually find a releaase date for our local theater, yet.

Comment

This movie should be the best movie of the year (and I think it is). But it will probably only pull another Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and win Best Foreign Film (or whatever that category is) at the Oscars instead of the Best Picture Oscar. Not that that is necessarily the determiner of quality, but this movie is really quite stunning and simply outstanding.
                      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

I think it has sub-titles and I can't stand to see that in the theater. If I miss something I want to go back and see it again.
                        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                          I think it has sub-titles and I can't stand to see that in the theater. If I miss something I want to go back and see it again.
                          Yeah, I think it does- funnily enough, it's really hard to find anything actually saying that it has subtitles. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the people who go to see this movie get a bit of a shock when they discover that.

I've never seen a movie in theaters with subtitles, but I love movies with subtitles (for some odd reason), so I'll go.

Comment

ah, I didn't see that...

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Yeah, I think it does- funnily enough, it's really hard to find anything actually saying that it has subtitles. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the people who go to see this movie get a bit of a shock when they discover that.

I've never seen a movie in theaters with subtitles, but I love movies with subtitles (for some odd reason), so I'll go.
                              There are a lot of great subtitle movies out there. My highest ranked one is link: Seven Samurai (1954). I first heard about it when listening to a commentary of Lucas and later by Spielberg. It’s a great movie way ahead of its time, for 1954 that is and is worth a rental.
                              Doze Out...

Comment

Working...
                              X