This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Sucks

I started watching SG-1 at season 7, then quickly watched ALL seasons, all episodes.

I have been thoroughly impressed by the evolution of the story. I loved the movie, but never watched the show till year 7.

Just because someone at Sci-Fi made a bone headed scheduling change we have to stop the story??? I think the Ori thing could go much further than the Goauld thing.

Now BSG has suffered in the ratings, SG-1 is vanishing, SG-A is awesome and I am glad it is growing.

Can't we just publicly execute the person for changing the schedule at Sci-Fi, OR, is there no creative power in the Sci-Fi marketing machine that can create a way back to green pastures?

I for one would be willing to pay for the continuation of the show. (online purchase of episodes) But that shouldn't be necc.

C'mon Sci-fi, learn from a mistake, don't go on to make a bigger one. Everyone makes them, but you have a chance to in humility boost the loyalty factor with your viewers enormously, by communicating your commitment to them. (there is money in humility too)

Anyway, blah blah. I will go now back to the real world and leave my feelings of betrayal in this message. It is just a show, but the story intrigues many of us. It is sad that I do not have the finances to support the continuation of the broadcasting of this brilliant show. (starting my own tv network)

Respectfully Yours,

The WebGodFather
    The WebGodFather

Hallowed is the Homer
    All will bow to the "DOH"

Great post! I totally agree. The Ori could have given the show atleast another 3 seasons after this one, possibly more. I can't believe we only have two seasons with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Great post! I totally agree. The Ori could have given the show atleast another 3 seasons after this one, possibly more. I can't believe we only have two seasons with them.
      all totally true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

amen... the ori are more powerful and just 2 seasons and a movie to finish them off...thats blah...took us 8 years to finish the Go'ald...even though for most of the time we had no technology but still...

Comment

I find it funny how people assume that SciFi did make a mistake regarding the cancelation of SG-1. It was costing too much to produce, it would of been a mistake to keep it running. The main thing that annoys me is the fact that they wouldn't let another channel pick it up other than that it was their decision to make, and from a business point of view I thnk they probably made the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I find it funny how people assume that SciFi did make a mistake regarding the cancelation of SG-1. It was costing too much to produce, it would of been a mistake to keep it running. The main thing that annoys me is the fact that they wouldn't let another channel pick it up other than that it was their decision to make, and from a business point of view I thnk they probably made the right one.
            As much as I hate to, I agree. Not letting another network pick up SG-1 though was.....well.....boneheaded to say the least. Well, not really for them, but we don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              As much as I hate to, I agree. Not letting another network pick up SG-1 though was.....well.....boneheaded to say the least. Well, not really for them, but we don't like it.
              Sci-fi were just being selfish as always, they know SG-1 has much more potential and that's the reason they won't allow another station to pick it up, it'll cause competition against them. They just want to air their rubbish shows which aren't even sci-fi.

Comment

As if another station would want to pick up a 10 year old show with falling ratings and have to pay a 1/3 of its production costs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  As if another station would want to pick up a 10 year old show with falling ratings and have to pay a 1/3 of its production costs anyway.
                  falling ratings because of the station it's on, this was proven when sci-fi advertised 200 like hell it got high ratings, another station would want to promote their 'new' show and would therefore advertise it a whole lot more than sci-fi has. Also you can't argue they wouldn't pick it up because it's 10 years old, Dr. Who is much much older than that and still in high demand, if a show is still fresh there's no reason not to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    falling ratings because of the station it's on, this was proven when sci-fi advertised 200 like hell it got high ratings, another station would want to promote their 'new' show and would therefore advertise it a whole lot more than sci-fi has. Also you can't argue they wouldn't pick it up because it's 10 years old, Dr. Who is much much older than that and still in high demand, if a show is still fresh there's no reason not to pick it up.
                    Exactly. They could have done several things to cut costs and instead they decided to ax the show right after 200. I think if they let other networks pick it up some would jump at it. This show could have lasted alot longer.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Exactly. They could have done several things to cut costs and instead they decided to ax the show right after 200. I think if they let other networks pick it up some would jump at it. This show could have lasted alot longer.
                      I agree with you on that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                        I agree with you on that.
                        Thanks I wish this show could last alot longer.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

TV is ment to be for the Fans and for Entertanmet. But all scifi is thinking about is glory and money. Glory as in canceling it after the 200th episode. And money as in since they have the glory they have no need to keep it runing.

I will repeat my Revenge from another thread to show my feelings abou scifi.

First- I send and Army of Hataks and have them Fire upon there building.

Second- Send the Replicators to destroy all there Equipment

Third- Send them to a Planet coverd with Wraith so they are forced to run all over the Planet.

And Finally Anubis will come with his Eye Weapon and Also Call In Darth Vader with the Death Star and Blow the Planet to Kingdom come!!!!
                          HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Take that Scifi!!!!!! And if they think Battlestar G. will protect them, then I will call upon the Ori
                          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                          new enemy of the Ori
                          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                            Other stations are smart. They know from promoting their own shows that there gets to be a point of diminishing returns when the money you put into promotion isn't worth the results you get back. The older the show the higher you are on that diminishing returns curve.

When they acquire programming, their desire isn't to get a show that responds only if you spend a lot of money. They want "self starters" that need as little promotion as possible. SG-1 is expensive enough. Every time you say "it needs promotion", you are adding to the cost of an all ready expensive show.

All the people who are constantly harping on the promotional aspect are just reinforcing how weak the show has gotten. It's an odd strategy if you really want someone to pick it up.

"200" got ratings not just because is was promoted. It got ratings because it was a "very special episode". Plus, SciFi didn't necessarily "advertise it like hell". Most of the promotion consisted of press coverage and that was free to them. The press covered it because it was a "very special episode". Can you provide me with examples of paid advertising? (On air promotion on their own channel is also free). I honestly don't remember "200" getting any paid advertising.

BTW--Dr. Who's ratings are lower than SG-1's in the States. But, it doesn't cost much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                              TV is ment to be for the Fans and for Entertanmet. But all scifi is thinking about is glory and money. Glory as in canceling it after the 200th episode. And money as in since they have the glory they have no need to keep it runing.
                              Other than the BBC and probably a few others, the only reason channels make good shows is for money, it's a pretty sad state of affairs but that's the way it is

Comment

Working...
                              X