This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day Aliens

I was wondering if anyone saw the similarity in plots between "V", the old school 80's miniseries and ID4? Also, does anyone have any theories about the nature of the Aliens in ID4? In some ways, they sounded like the Borg or Wraith, going from planet-to-planet, sucking it dry, and then leaving for the next. Any theories? Are there plans for an ID4 2?

I didn´t really see the similarities with the "V", the methods used by the two were way to different. I do admit that they both revolve around stealing earths resources.

The ID4 aliens struck me as a nomadic race that lived in space, only stopping at planets to harvest it´s resources and kill of any potential competition that might be there.

I heard that they had been looking into a possible sequel for the movie but that it stranded due to the fact that no one could come up with a script that wasn´t a complete joke.

Comment

They said that last year they had a good scrip for it, as good as the first but Will Smith said he would never do a sequel to it (Yay!) and it was pretty much canned after that.

They MIGHT have been able to make a sequel but it would have to take place shortly after the first. I like it as a stand alone movie through.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

The aliens in ID4 remind me of the pilot guy in Farscape... the pilot guy was nicer, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by David85
          They said that last year they had a good scrip for it, as good as the first but Will Smith said he would never do a sequel to it (Yay!) and it was pretty much canned after that.

They MIGHT have been able to make a sequel but it would have to take place shortly after the first. I like it as a stand alone movie through.
          They could do it without Wil Smith, since he's really nothing big anyway. I mean, he wasn't the movie. I think he's annoying. I wish they'd do a sequel cuz it would be cool to see what happens after the "war".

Also, did anyone notice how the ID4 aliens look sorta like the Gadmeer?

Comment

I thought they looked kinda like mutilated/mutated Asgard. They could be the evil Asgard cousins that were tossed out for being "bad."

Comment

If anything, ID4 reminds me more of HG Well's War of the Worlds. In each, the bad aliens show up, and start blowing everything up without much reason for doing it other than they can. Tom Cruise is going to do a re-make of War of the Worlds, so it will be interesting to see what sort of treatment it gets now.
              Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
              O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
              O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                The aliens in ID4 remind me of the pilot guy in Farscape... the pilot guy was nicer, of course...
                Me too, actually. But Pilot on stilts. And, as you said, not quite so malevolent.
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                  I didn´t really see the similarities with the "V", the methods used by the two were way to different. I do admit that they both revolve around stealing earths resources.

The ID4 aliens struck me as a nomadic race that lived in space, only stopping at planets to harvest it´s resources and kill of any potential competition that might be there.

I heard that they had been looking into a possible sequel for the movie but that it stranded due to the fact that no one could come up with a script that wasn´t a complete joke.

At least they could tell if it was a joke or not. With some series (like the Anacadona and Python ones) the entire thing is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quinn
                    I thought they looked kinda like mutilated/mutated Asgard. They could be the evil Asgard cousins that were tossed out for being "bad."
                    Woah, I like that! Evil Asgard. They need black capes though.

Comment

Working...
                    X