PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to buy the season seven box set of Stargate?

rmbeast
September 1st, 2004, 01:17 PM
Just say yes or no!

Anubis
September 1st, 2004, 01:19 PM
Of course, I'll be purchasing it as soon as it becomes available in the UK! ;)

Mio
September 1st, 2004, 01:25 PM
More likely than not, all of us. It's slightly better quality than what I rip from my TiVo :D

Daniel Jackson
September 1st, 2004, 01:29 PM
Just say yes or know!
It's no, silly. :p

Seeing as how I skipped Season 7 in favor of downloading Season 8 so I can be up to date with new cable episodes, I'll be getting it as soon as I can afford to do so, but I'm getting Star Trek - Season 1 first. :D

Athenaktt
September 1st, 2004, 03:45 PM
what if i say maybe? :p

greytop
September 1st, 2004, 03:57 PM
I am because I haven't seen very much of S7.

Kliggins
September 1st, 2004, 04:04 PM
Yep, already on order

Klems
September 1st, 2004, 05:31 PM
Yup.

I'll go pick it up at the store for my birthday.

Shivan
September 1st, 2004, 05:31 PM
The real question is who ISN'T?

crazylinguist
September 1st, 2004, 05:36 PM
Hey stargate is stargate. I'm going to buy all the seasons...when i have money. :( College costs alot.

Shivan
September 1st, 2004, 05:40 PM
Hey stargate is stargate. I'm going to buy all the seasons...when i have money. :( College costs alot.

I'm in the same freaking situation.

:(

gange57
September 1st, 2004, 05:48 PM
Yea, I will be buying Season 7. I just pre-ordered yesterday. :)

crazylinguist
September 1st, 2004, 05:50 PM

:(

stinks huh? especially when you miss the new eps of stargate when you move into your dorm!! :( Now i have to wait for reruns, or the DVD comes out (ahh! *shudder* that's a long time!)

morjana
September 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM
Yes!

"Lost City - Part One," "Lost City - Part Two," 'Heroes - Part One,' "Heroes - Part Two," "Grace," "Death Knell," "Fragile Balance," "Orpheus," "Space Race," "Avenger 2.0," "Birthright," "Evolution - Part Two," "Revisions," Inauguration," "Homecoming," and "Fallout" ==

Woo-hoo!

Morjana

Larry
September 2nd, 2004, 09:18 AM
Mine's been on pre-order since the release date was announced.

aschen
September 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM
I sure will!! :D

aAnubiSs
September 2nd, 2004, 11:24 AM
I'm not buying DVDs until the whole show is over. Then I'll buy 'em all at once.

omnian
September 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Ooh, I will be. I wonder what the box is gonna look like though? Season 6 was dramatically different from 1-5....I liked it though :)

Dionysus
September 2nd, 2004, 06:23 PM
A definite YES here. I'm actually looking forward to season 7 a tad more than I did the previous box sets (except for season 1), for the simple fact that I missed just about every episode of season seven, along with the last few for season 6 (I still haven't seen the 'return of daniel' episode, for example). As such, watching season 8 every friday has not failed to startle me with the changes. (Teal'c with hair was a big one LOLOLOL) :eek:

Ali_gater
September 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM
Yea, I will be buying Season 7. I just pre-ordered yesterday. :)
Same here.... got to meet MS for Mother's Day, and hubby's getting me season 7 for my birthday. :D I haven't seen alot of the episodes, so I'm really looking forward to it.

MartoufMarty
September 3rd, 2004, 08:50 AM
Just say yes or know!
i 'know' that yes. already have it preordered. my mom preordered it for me about... two months ago or so lol. keeping my collection of SG-1 DVDs complete :D.

so if anyone starts a thread of 'will you be buying season 8' or 'stargate atlantis season 1', my answer would still be yes.

i love my parents :D

now if only MGM would send me the Season 5 Still Gallery i'd be really happy...

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
If people buy previous seasons they will most likely get season 7. This just is not a very good question :rolleyes: but if you must know, i will be getting season 7.

DeLancey
September 5th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Damn right I be getting season 7, also on pre-order. My other six sets might get lonely otherwise. ;)
And dang, buy all the sets at once?! Start saving :P

Sicarius
September 5th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Me.

I didn't love the season overall, but there were definitely a couple of keepers. Besides, I love the fact that they not only do featurettes but also commentaries on all the episodes. Gotta love the effort these people put into the DVDs. If they'd just get RDA to join in for a commentary, my collection would be perfect. =)

Sam & Jack Shipper
September 5th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Just say yes or know!
I ordered mine as soon as Gateworld put up the link. I can't wait to get it.

Ramne
September 5th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Yes!

SaharaGate
September 7th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Ooh, I will be. I wonder what the box is gonna look like though? Season 6 was dramatically different from 1-5....I liked it though :)
See, that's what I thought when I saw the pic on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001CVAN8/pd_ka_5/202-3622686-4787027) when i ordered.

In the pic (and every other pic I've seen for region 2) looked like it was plastic, not cardboard, and to me it seems it has a white edge, as if it opens on the side as a case, rather than being a cardboard jacket type thing.

But when it arrived, it was like all the others, just a little brigher.

Did anybody actually receive the one in the photo??

And on topic: YES I'll be buying season 7...as soon as it goes up for preorder on Amazon, I'll be ordering it.

I'll be curious to see if the photo will match what I receive this time.

Can't wait!!

Iskandra
September 7th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I've already pre-ordered it (The American version...multi-regional dvd players rule!), although my fiance has decided to buy the individual dvds off Ebay cause he can't wait....we'll compare extra features then, as he only has a region 2 dvd player....

veneticuss
September 7th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Yes i will

Sicarius
September 7th, 2004, 09:36 PM
although my fiance has decided to buy the individual dvds off Ebay cause he can't wait....we'll compare extra features then, as he only has a region 2 dvd player....

Heh, I debate on doing this every year, too. I don't have the player, but those DVDs work on your computer =)

Zyklon
September 8th, 2004, 04:39 PM
No! I wont be.
I currently have the series 1-6 DVD box sets and all the series 7 dvds which I'm borrowing from a friend.
I've watched series 1-6 3 times now, but series 7 only once. Seems like a pretty good "is it worth buying" self test to me, and it failed :)

AgentX
September 8th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Without a doubt. Best Buy will be getting a visit October 19.

My only worry is that I don't have enough space for my growing collection of TV series DVD's.

Katze
September 9th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I will buy the box but the german limited one. So I have to be fast to buy before it is sold out.

blufeenix
September 9th, 2004, 11:50 PM
I've allready got them all cos I've been buying the individual DVD Volumes since there 1st release allthough I do need to replace season 1 as there all on video trouble is money lol I collect way to many series

trinity1013
September 10th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Just say yes or know!
Why? Are you doing statistics or something? :p It's a yes.

Hey stargate is stargate. I'm going to buy all the seasons...when i have money. College costs alot.

The two of you are not alone.

Jacksbabe
September 10th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Yes I will be, when its eventually on sale in the UK (is it March yet?)

I've got all the other seasons as boxsets so I want to keep up the tradition. Plus my VHS tapes are getting chronically worn out :P

KatG
September 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Of course. As soon as it shows up at Sam's. Wouldn't want to break my record at this point in the game.

Lord Zedd
September 12th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Weee I have allready bought season 7 and watched it.They don't air Stargate here anymore so I had to wait when it finally came available.It didn't costs as much as I thoought it would 45 euro.it's enough but i thought it would cost more

Dallista
September 12th, 2004, 04:04 AM
The season 7 DVD boxset has been for sale in the Netherlands since mid-August. Apparently it's doing really well, because everywhere I go, it's sold out. I'll mail order it one of these days.

TechnoBoY
September 12th, 2004, 06:11 AM
I'm not gonna buy it. Didnt really like it.

Sam fan
September 12th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Me! *raises hand* I can't wait either I'm gonna watch hero's over and over and over and over again!!!

Jacksbabe
September 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Me! *raises hand* I can't wait either I'm gonna watch hero's over and over and over and over again!!!

Oh well I was lucky enough to win a copy of Volume 37 (? the last one) so Ive already been watching Lost City over and over - by the time the boxset comes out I'll have worn a groove in it and need a replacement :D

lionel_pendergast_rocks
September 20th, 2004, 11:21 AM
i'm planning to get it after it comes out at some weird store, so yes.

rmbeast
September 22nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
I can't hardly wait to buy the season 7 set of Stargate.

Dallista
September 22nd, 2004, 10:53 PM
Finally got my season 7 DVD box yesterday (together with the SW trilogy box; such an overdose, *g*). The Netherlands/Belgium "Benelux" release is a 'cakebox' edition (I think that's what it's called). It's the same DVDs as released separately in the UK, contents-wise, except we get English, French and Italian audio, and Dutch, French and Italian subtitles options, and I think also English subtitles for the hard of hearing. It's available for 50 euro, which, for Dutch standards, is quite cheap for a DVD set. I'm never gonna buy my SG-1 DVDs in the UK again, that's for sure. ;-)

Sicarius
September 23rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
There, just ordered my Season 7 set through the link here.... along with a HEPA air purifier and extra filters (darn cats). The Gateworld commission on all that oughta cover my bandwidth usage for the year :D

I'm especially looking forward to the commentary for Fragile Balance. I wanna know why RDA was sleeping with his butt sticking up at the camera :P Must be for the ladies in the thunk thread...

dipsofjazz
September 23rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
There, just ordered my Season 7 set through the link here.... along with a HEPA air purifier and extra filters (darn cats). The Gateworld commission on all that oughta cover my bandwidth usage for the year :D

I'm especially looking forward to the commentary for Fragile Balance. I wanna know why RDA was sleeping with his butt sticking up at the camera :P Must be for the ladies in the thunk thread...
:p LOL. I can assure you that there is no such thing as a "lady" in the Thunk Thread! :p :D

Uncle Dick
September 23rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
If people buy previous seasons they will most likely get season 7.
Not I. I own S1-6, but for the first time I've actually seen every episode of an SG-1 season on first-run television and nothing about S7 has compelled me to purchase it.

Bagpuss
September 24th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I'll be buying the Box Set ,rmbeast. :)
That'll have to wait for a while though.Funding low at present..... :(

(For now,I'm settling for rewatching my fave eps of S7 on UK Channel 4.)

sparky|gater55
September 24th, 2004, 02:41 AM
I'll buy it as soon as it comes out in the UK, but did I see it mentioned here earlier that it's not coming out until March or was that relating to something else? If it is I better find out if my tv will be able to play NTSC so I can get them from the US. :S

ibwolf
September 24th, 2004, 02:51 AM
No point. Already have all the individual season 7 R2 DVDs.

Dallista
September 24th, 2004, 03:55 AM
I'll buy it as soon as it comes out in the UK, but did I see it mentioned here earlier that it's not coming out until March or was that relating to something else?
Yeah, that's the UK box set. I'm still confused about that, actually. Countries like France, the Netherlands and Belgium already have a R2 box set release, which includes all the same material as the UK discs, right down to the RDA 'easter egg' etc.; Germany gets their release early October. I don't understand why the UK should have to wait until 2005 for it. The only reason I could come up with is that MGM wants more people to buy the separate discs in the UK before they release the, much cheaper, DVD set. But that wouldn't be very nice of them, now would it? ;)

ibwolf
September 24th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Yeah, that's the UK box set. I'm still confused about that, actually. Countries like France, the Netherlands and Belgium already have a R2 box set release, which includes all the same material as the UK discs, right down to the RDA 'easter egg' etc.; Germany gets their release early October. I don't understand why the UK should have to wait until 2005 for it. The only reason I could come up with is that MGM wants more people to buy the separate discs in the UK before they release the, much cheaper, DVD set. But that wouldn't be very nice of them, now would it? ;)
Of course it wouldn't. But then, since when has 'nice' had anything to do with it? :) You are quite right in assuming that they are holding off the box set to sell more individual disks. Personally I think they may be risking shooting themselves in the foot by waiting so long. It isn't exactly difficult to import.

Jacksbabe
September 24th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Of course it wouldn't. But then, since when has 'nice' had anything to do with it? :) You are quite right in assuming that they are holding off the box set to sell more individual disks. Personally I think they may be risking shooting themselves in the foot by waiting so long. It isn't exactly difficult to import.

Though despite that, I'm still waiting for them to be released in the UK :S

Well the only things Im waiting for on the DVD boxset are the extras really (Behind the scenes, commentaries etc) as I had the foresight to record the transmissions from SkyOne. So to get the cheaper boxset, I think its worth waiting!

sparky|gater55
September 25th, 2004, 05:26 AM

Thanks for that. I don't know what to do now, the idea of waiting until March freaks me out, I'm pretty sure I can get the US ones, in that I think my tv can play NTSC but are the special features really that different? I've never looked at the dvds from the US before.