X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report from the sets in Vancouver

Hello,

End of August I was in vancouver to visit the studios (a few days after the news of the cancellation).
    I was hoping to publish the report with a few photos but as this kind of things can take forever (the approval to publish them), I have decided to finally publish it without the photos.

The episodes they were shooting at the time were "Bad Boys" (Stargate SG-1) and "The Game" (Atlantis).

Beware of minor spoilers.

Here is the link:
    http://www.thescifiworld.net/zocalo_...ver2006_04.htm

PS: I read somewhere that:
    "You can tell, it's either translated or by someone who doesn't have English as their first language."
    It has been especially checked by an american speaker, so is that comment true?
    Last edited by Wallpaperman; 10 December 2006, 02:28 AM.
    Gilles
    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
    Ben Browder interview
    Beau Bridges interview

Thanks for the report. You did a great job bringing your experience to life for us. I loved hearing about everything. You must've had a great time.

As to whether it sounds like a non-English speaker wrote it, well, I have to admit that it does. But only in a couple of places. It's really well done. There are just a few mistakes here and there that are typical of people who don't speak the language. No biggie, though, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
      Thanks for the report. You did a great job bringing your experience to life for us. I loved hearing about everything. You must've had a great time.

As to whether it sounds like a non-English speaker wrote it, well, I have to admit that it does. But only in a couple of places. It's really well done. There are just a few mistakes here and there that are typical of people who don't speak the language. No biggie, though, so don't worry about it.
      Thanks
      Maybe you could correct it? So I could improve it?
      Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
      Ben Browder interview
      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so envious You have a lovely way of writing and really bring the reader in to your world, don't change a thing

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
          Thank you for sharing your experience with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so envious You have a lovely way of writing and really bring the reader in to your world, don't change a thing
          Thanks
          Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
          Ben Browder interview
          Beau Bridges interview

Comment

The command room was also smaller than I imagined and I sat down in Gary Jones chair and said "chevron 1 encoded" with my hand on the computer!
            I can vouche for this. After filming the tent part of the Oz scene in 200, I was given a tour of the SGC. I also found it rather small-- they have amazing trick photography!
            I put my hand on the iris-hand-quickclose & imagined myself closing the iris. XD

It sounds like you had fun on set. ;___; Made me remember my time-- damn, now I want to go back.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

As everyone else has already stated, thank you for sharing this. You definitely seem to have had a great time.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You are one lucky guy! It sounds like you had a great time and everyone was most gracious.

I hope we eventually get to see the photos; that will complete the experience.

thanks for sharing this (BTW, I really enjoyed your Claudia Black interview that you have posted on the site)

Comment

Thanks
                  Nekoi, you said "After filming the tent part of the Oz scene in 200", means that you played on that episode??
                  Actually the whole studio was small than I imagined, it's amazing how they can create so many worlds in such a small place! Of course there are external locations!
                  What I've missed was the daedalus bridge ... I would have loved to sit on the captain's chair

About the photos, there's this legal stuff that is slowing down all the process ... They had no time to take care of it and now the studios are closed until March. So, I'm afraid to say that there won't be a big chance that the photos will be published before March (at least!).
                  I'm trying to find another solution but there won't be a big chance ....
                  Actually actors have to sign an official release of those photos ... that's what i've been said.
                  Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Yeah, I was one of the munchkins.

I believe it seemed much smaller because, in total... there were probably just 6 or 7 hallways total (Hatak, Atlantis, SGC, Daedalus) that I recall from memory (never got to go on the Daedalus set either. We share the same dream!).
                    I did, however, get to play in a Puddle Jumper! So that makes up for it.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Comment

Ho, cool!
                      How did you get to play on the show??
                      Peter Deluise has proposed me to play a French scientist in SGA, but I think he was joking!
                      Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                      Ben Browder interview
                      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
                        Ho, cool!
                        How did you get to play on the show??
                        Peter Deluise has proposed me to play a French scientist in SGA, but I think he was joking!
                        They were looking for short people. Shirley Hill (Who played a Furling) had been asked by a casting director to contact people & see who would be interested. Luckily enough, she called me.

You should ask if he was serious. Lol That would rock! I want to be on again.

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                          You should ask if he was serious. Lol That would rock! I want to be on again.
                          I will, I will
                          Being an actor is my dream since I was a kid
                          Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                          Ben Browder interview
                          Beau Bridges interview

Comment

me too i always wanted to be an actor but off topic

great report

Comment

I've asked Peter but i won't give you his answer
                              He also authorized me to publish the photos with him
                              Gilles

Amanda Tapping interview
                              Ben Browder interview
                              Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Working...
                              X