Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lucian Alliance should have been the main bad guys!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lucian Alliance should have been the main bad guys!

Some people say that the reason after season 9 and 10 went down was because the enemies in the stargate sg1 series had too much power, making the show unrealistic.

While watching many of the Lucian Alliance episodes (especially 10x09) I find that the Lucian Alliance should have been the main bad guys, wheras the Ori should have been the secondary bad guys (like the replicators in the earlier series).

What do you think?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I would have loved the Furlings to have been made the bad guys!!!

Comment

I think the Lucian Alliance would've been easily defeated, making it boring very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I think the Lucian Alliance would've been easily defeated, making it boring very fast.
        How?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          How?
          Guns xD
          Hallowed are the Ori !!!
          Follow the path of the Enlightment !
          Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

^Yeah, basically.

They're basically the Goa'uld, but less evil and more comedic (not to say I don't like them; I do, but not as the BIG bads).

Comment

^Yeah, basically.

They're basically the Goa'uld, but less evil and more comedic (not to say I don't like them; I do, but not as the BIG bads).
              And how long did it take to defeat them?! And we needed the Jaffa and the replicators help to do that!

Comment

Perhaps I worded it wrongly. Basically what I meant was that, like the Goa'uld in the later seasons, each meeting will invariably lead to us winning. It might be difficult to defeat them in the long run, but each meeting wouldn't be as intense as, say, Ethon or The Scourge.

Or Camelot.

Comment

maybe there should have been a main bad guy. Maybe season 9-10 should have been without the ori, and we see the impact of the defeat of the goa'uld

we will have
                  -the lucian alliance
                  -rogue system lords on the run trying to rebuild their empire
                  -free jaffa that causes tension
                  -rogue jaffa nations
                  -baal and his clones
                  -the trust
                  -some cool bad guys of the week

Comment

Agreed. If not for the Ori threat, they'd have been wiped out in a heart beat. They're nothing more than criminals wih Goa'uld ships. Much better as a secondary enemy.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

What would they do each episode? They'd get boring fast. They'd never present any new technologies as they're dumber than the goa'uld, earth ships (unless caught in a trap) could mostly likely defeat their ha'taks. Also they're not really fighters, they're just thieves and traders, they aren't a huge threat to earth.

Comment

i think the lucian alliance had promise simply because it's real

any country or universe where there is a sudden power vacuum - which there is with the defeat of the goa'uld - you have opportunists. people that step up to fill teh void and snag some power/wealth

They needed to be a bit more real to be a bonadide 'big bad', but they had promise. What they needed was a good leader. someone who's bad, but who also has odd 'good' moments. Take the goa'uld Yu for example. He was a goa'uld, he was a baddie...who could see the big picture and sometimes worked with the sgc or to the benefit of the sgc. Or ba'al, before the stupid cloning idea.

the baddie couldn't be one-dimensionally bad like anubis was. anubis was a joke because he had no depth.

the lucian alliance, in measured doses, could have been a good addition to the bad guy arsenal and also a great way to incorporate vala and her old contacts into the show
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Ori are as real as the Lucian Alliance. Just because they are a lot more powerful doesn't mean they aren't real. Also, the Goa'uld were a whole lot more powerful than we were when the show started. Since then, Earth's ability to adapt and advance has been a major theme of the show. The Ori furhter than theme.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Perhaps I worded it wrongly. Basically what I meant was that, like the Goa'uld in the later seasons, each meeting will invariably lead to us winning. It might be difficult to defeat them in the long run, but each meeting wouldn't be as intense as, say, Ethon or The Scourge.

Or Camelot.
                            Camelot.............That Ending...............Powerful!!!
                            That ending of a season. There is no way the Lucions, Wraith, Replicators, Asurans, and dare I say it Anubis could not have pulled it off as the Ori did. It was not a battle, it was a slaughter.
                            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                            new enemy of the Ori
                            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                              The Ori are as real as the Lucian Alliance. Just because they are a lot more powerful doesn't mean they aren't real. Also, the Goa'uld were a whole lot more powerful than we were when the show started. Since then, Earth's ability to adapt and advance has been a major theme of the show. The Ori furhter than theme.
                              I agree
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X