Hogfather TV film vids...

Vids

annndddd

Trailer
    Looking pretty good, I have to say.

I can't wait! Can ya tell?

Comment

Brilliant trailer

Although I must say, Hogfather is one of my least favourite Pratchett books. But I s'pose they can't make a christmas movie based on Small Gods.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Dartzap View Post
        Vids

annndddd

Trailer
        Looking pretty good, I have to say.
        Fixed. The links didn't work at first.

Ah man. This looks brilliant! And if this is a Sky One exclusive, then how come I saw clips of the Hogfather in the BBC's Christmas schedule? Is David Jason starring in anything else this Christmas?
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Hogfather is is one of my favorites. I try to read it every Hogswatch, tho I skipped it this year to blur my memory a bit more so I won't be quite as put out by any discrepancies.

Casting looks good so far, though and Bilious... LOL! Can't wait to meet him!

Teatime, on the other hand, gives me the jeebies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I can't wait! Can ya tell?
            I had my suspicions.

I think Hogfather's one of the best Pratchett books. I read it again over the summer, but I've been laughing at clips even though I know some of the gags are coming, so they seem to have pulled it off. (unlike Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
            At the moment they've got the scene with Nobby and Death/Hogfather on Sky Active, and it's brilliant. (Although Nobby isn't quite... Nobby enough)

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              At the moment they've got the scene with Nobby and Death/Hogfather on Sky Active, and it's brilliant. (Although Nobby isn't quite... Nobby enough)
              Short of dressing a malformed chimp in a watchman's uniform, is there really ANY actor that's Nobby enough to be Nobby? But yeah, I was kinda disappointed by the lack of general Nobbyness; he's very easily distinguishable as human.

Still, the 12 Days of Hogswatch on the BBC site are whetting my appetite for the whole thing.

Comment

Death did Urquhart's line! Priceless

Madeleine

Comment

I've been impressed by the attention to book canon and little details many adaptations overlook.Death is a superstar,imo ,and I love "Susan".

Part two tonight ..and I and the family can hardly wait.

PS : Adore your Avatar,Shadow !
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Last night's part was excellent. The casting is all spot-on, especially David Jason.

Anyone else think the Death of Rats was really cute, in a morbid kind of way?

Comment

I hate being on the wrong side of the pond! Hate it, hate it, hate it!

*stalks off, muttering darkly*

Comment

As a long-time Pratchett fan, I have to say... it was brilliant! The only real niggle is that I'm not entirely convinced by the way Teatime is played (definitely a brave and interesting choice but it just jarred a bit now and then). But yes, the attention to detail is awesome and the acting fantastic and ooooh just wonderful! Can't wait for tonight's part!

One thing I noticed - and loved - is that in the opening credits it read "Adapted for the screen by Vadim Jean" (or words to that effect) and then, "'Mucked about with' by Terry Pratchett"!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hogfather bests Captain Jack in the ratings.

When fandoms collide. Oh my.

And what a strange crossover that would make, eh? Maybe the Luggage falls through a dimensional hole and winds up wandering through downtown Cardiff, swallowing random passers-by. Or, playing along with the 12 Days of Hogswatch thing, maybe Death has taken to hunting through Cardiff looking for a great curry shop he heard about and rescuing stray kittens along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Hogfather bests Captain Jack in the ratings.

When fandoms collide. Oh my.

And what a strange crossover that would make, eh? Maybe the Luggage falls through a dimensional hole and winds up wandering through downtown Cardiff, swallowing random passers-by. Or, playing along with the 12 Days of Hogswatch thing, maybe Death has taken to hunting through Cardiff looking for a great curry shop he heard about and rescuing stray kittens along the way.
                            Don't even go there. Really.
                            I think I'm gonna have nigthmares now. 0_0
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Aside from a couple of minor quibbles (bit too much emoting on Death's part mainly), I loved it.

Here's to many more Discworld movies!

Comment

Working...
                              X