X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWS: Stargate SG-1 movies

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Starg...ming-4047.html

Not long ago Dean Devlin started floating the idea that he might make another
    Stargate movie, one that ignored the sort of popular television
    series. Unfortunately, that rumor has fallen by the wayside to be replaced by one
    which has Hollywood cashing in on the inferior series and taking it to the
    big screen.

Coming Soon caught up with ‘Stargate SG-1’ star Beau Bridges at a recent
    junketn for The Good German. There Beau told them, "They're talking
    about doing a couple of movies. I haven't actually signed on the dotted line, but
    there is talk about it."

Apparently this is more than just idle chatter, since Bridges says that even
    though he hasn’t seen it, he thinks they have the scripts finished. When or
    how this will happen is unknown. Bridges had no further insight except to say
    that he doesn’t think they’ll finish their final season and go straight into
    making movies.

Opinionated chap aint he?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Opinionated chap aint he?
      He belongs on this board

Comment

One more potential movie castmember who says there's discussion, but no "signing". The only thing we've heard for sure is that Amanda is doing Atlantis.

I'm beginning to wonder if these are going to go into production in first quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
          One more potential movie castmember who says there's discussion, but no "signing". The only thing we've heard for sure is that Amanda is doing Atlantis.

I'm beginning to wonder if these are going to go into production in first quarter.
          Probably not. I've read in another thread they're going to shoot them May/June.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            He belongs on this board
            Before I take undue offence... was that a dig at me over the Carter stuff?

Really, I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm asking so I can clarify.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Exactly, not that I know anything about contracts and all that, but if they were hoping to start filming in March as I thought they were then they're cutting it a bit fine, surely they would have had signings or at least contracts offered to the actors by now. Come next year many of them may already be doing other things......
              Plus that they apparently haven't even talked to RDA, who knows what's going on with TPTB right now, maybe I'm just reading too much into this

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

The inferior series? This guys have truely never watched one episode as the series has far surpassed the movie.

Having the scripts done already is surprising, so I wouldn't be surprised if these movies turn out to be a bigger budget version of what they planned for season 11, and for the midseason break.

sigpic

Comment

Yup, same guy who published an "A Dog's Breakfast" piece only to spend it all complaining how they took all the inferior cast members instead of the superior Farscape stars.

Lovely chap.

As for the scripts being finished, shoudl't they first see who they're writing for and then write them?...
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                    Exactly, not that I know anything about contracts and all that, but if they were hoping to start filming in March as I thought they were then they're cutting it a bit fine, surely they would have had signings or at least contracts offered to the actors by now. Come next year many of them may already be doing other things......
                    Plus that they apparently haven't even talked to RDA, who knows what's going on with TPTB right now, maybe I'm just reading too much into this
                    I'm sure more then a few castmembers will want to participate in pilot casting season in LA, which is in the late winter.

Comment

This piece reads like the author thinks he's breaking a big story and got all sorts of wonderful news out of Beau. In fact the SG-1 movies have been widely known for months -- he alludes to it as a rumor, despite the fact that the story was first reported in TV Guide with a concrete quote from executive producer Brad Wright.

And the one Season Ten episode that Beau said something about ... aired last August. "Uninvited." Oops.

Good try, Cinema Blend, but a quick trip to Google will help you know a little bit about what you are talking about.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        This piece reads like the author thinks he's breaking a big story and got all sorts of wonderful news out of Beau. In fact the SG-1 movies have been widely known for months -- he alludes to it as a rumor, despite the fact that the story was first reported in TV Guide with a concrete quote from executive producer Brad Wright.

And the one Season Ten episode that Beau said something about ... aired last August. "Uninvited." Oops.

Good try, Cinema Blend, but a quick trip to Google will help you know a little bit about what you are talking about.
                        LMAO!!! You tell em, Darren.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm sure more then a few castmembers will want to participate in pilot casting season in LA, which is in the late winter.
                          And May/June would fit right between pilot season and the start date of any new series they might be cast in. Most new shows go into production July/August.

Still, MGM seems very commitment phobic. Maybe they're going to go with puppets after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream-a-Little View Post
                            And May/June would fit right between pilot season and the start date of any new series they might be cast in. Most new shows go into production July/August.

Still, MGM seems very commitment phobic. Maybe they're going to go with puppets after all.
                            Or a younger, edgier version of the team?
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                              Or a younger, edgier version of the team?
                              Stargate OC-1 ??
                              sigpic
                              sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Working...
                              X