Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Hell is Happerning to Sci-Fi in Australia?!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What The Hell is Happerning to Sci-Fi in Australia?!?

What The Hell is Happening to Sci-Fi in Australia?!?
    A few weeks ago they took away Battlestar Galactica without any warning, and replaced it with Joker Poker.

And last week while fliping throught the TV guide a found that Stargate Atlantis ep 203 "Runner" was marked as Final, I thought this must be a mistake, but this week's guide say's it ani't on, it's been replaced by some Beauty and the Geek crap!

Why get rid of such great shows, this is just another kick in both the Ass and Nut's of Sci-Fi fans (Yes it's possible to kick both at the same time! The results are the reciver lying on the ground crying and vomiting!) They can't blame ratings, concidering that the shows they are normaly up against are the Up-Late Game Shows, and repeats of Season 1 of Lost, or Power Rangers!

What the Frakking Hell is happering to Sci-Fi here? Is it because of the launch of the new Sci-Fi channel on pay TV?
    Last edited by JedI Master of the Gate; 06 December 2006, 04:07 AM.
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

It's always sucked, nothing to do with the new network.

Personally, I figured out long ago that in order to be a programmer for any Aussie network, you have to lack imagination...and probably not actually watch TV yourself...

Comment

I dont know what happened with BSG, but Atlantis is having the christmas/new years break off, and will be returning with ep 4 in the new year...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Please Note Prime, a better X-mas gift for Stargate fans would be a Sci-Fi X-mas marathon, not a break! Especialy not over X-mas after the Season 2 DVD's have been released!
        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Atlantis was taken off because 7 realized that sg1 viewers declined after the dvds came out and they predicted the same for atlantis ..... but still...... DOWN WITH 7!!!! (even though i do like the channel)

Comment

I have said it before & will say it agian TV Programers Stuff up Sci-Fi Shows deliberetly so the ad marketers favor CHEP REALATY SHOWS .

And the show makers know we fans will buy the DVD's .

Oz-Gater

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
              Atlantis was taken off because 7 realized that sg1 viewers declined after the dvds came out and they predicted the same for atlantis ..... but still...... DOWN WITH 7!!!! (even though i do like the channel)
              and another thing with Channel Seven was the SGA or SG-1 was showing at 11:30 at night. Who is going to watch it at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                and another thing with Channel Seven was the SGA or SG-1 was showing at 11:30 at night. Who is going to watch it at that time?
                Well, me for one. And i'm pretty sure you, and most other people in this thread would, too.
                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by leaper View Post
                  It's always sucked, nothing to do with the new network.

Personally, I figured out long ago that in order to be a programmer for any Aussie network, you have to lack imagination...and probably not actually watch TV yourself...
                  That goes for most programmers for any network. Unfortuantly.
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Working...
                  X