This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requiem For Stargate

This was a Blog by a well known Canadian Script Writer in response to a question I asked.

http://heywriterboy.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 04 December 2006, 03:59 PM.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Thanks for the link to this blog- I think the whole thing looks quite interesting.

As for the answer to your question, he is so very right when he says that Stargate has given SO MUCH to Canadian television, and doesn't get an ounce of respect back. The number of writers, actors, crew etc. that have grown up and essentially gotten thier learning experience with Stargate- it's a gift to Canadian television in general, because, like he says, hoepfully these people will stay in Canada and work on other quality shows bringing what they learned on Stargate. For that alone, I think that it's very sad that the show gets so little respect and recognition in this country.

Anyway, I also have to agree with what he says about the show ending- one really can't call Sci-fi the "bad guys". Sure SG-1 still had a lot more potential for story left in it, but it had to end some time, better to do so before it runs dry creativly, and before Sci-fi works themselves into a rut on the funding side if they keep having to throw more and more money at this one show to keep it going.

Anyway, thanks for the link- great question and it was nice to read the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      As for the answer to your question, he is so very right when he says that Stargate has given SO MUCH to Canadian television, and doesn't get an ounce of respect back. The number of writers, actors, crew etc. that have grown up and essentially gotten thier learning experience with Stargate- it's a gift to Canadian television in general, because, like he says, hoepfully these people will stay in Canada and work on other quality shows bringing what they learned on Stargate. For that alone, I think that it's very sad that the show gets so little respect and recognition in this country.
      I couldn't agree more!!! (a fellow Canuck from Toronto)
      Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

Working...
      X