This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen...

This thread is for the fans of the books by Garth Nix. You can talk about your favourite book, favourite character...anything you want.

I've read all three of the books in the title and so it would be fun to hear about the other books he's written.

Allestian.

I read these books about three years ago and LOVED them (Sabriel is my favourite of the three). I had the chance to meet the author not long after, however got sick and missed it, but sent along my beloved copy of Sabriel for an autograph, which I now treasure. Got a great deal recently on a hardcover copy of the trilogy ($4.99) and intend to re-read it over the christmas break.

I have to recommend a sci-fi book by Garth Nix, called "Shade's Children" which was a great read.

Comment

Cool. I've asked for the new book, the collection of stories from over the wall.

I forget the name

The first book that I read was Lirael, Oops. I thought it was very good and actually scared me at a few points. Very good read.

I adore Sabriel. I've read it so many times and have started writing a bit of a movie script for it.

Abhorsen I got through in a day which drew up a pretty good conclusion to the trilogy but in my honest opinion it seemed that the plot made the story go a bit too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
        Cool. I've asked for the new book, the collection of stories from over the wall.

I forget the name

The first book that I read was Lirael, Oops. I thought it was very good and actually scared me at a few points. Very good read.

I adore Sabriel. I've read it so many times and have started writing a bit of a movie script for it.

Abhorsen I got through in a day which drew up a pretty good conclusion to the trilogy but in my honest opinion it seemed that the plot made the story go a bit too quickly.

I can't remember exactly whwat happened in Abhorson- it's been so long since I read it and I wasn't well at the time so it's a bit of a blur. Definitly requires a re-read now that I've got my own copy.

Movie script for Sabriel- that sounds like a lot of fun, I think that book could translate well to big-screen- as long as it holds to Garth Nix's vision, I would worry if he weren't involved in a movie project based on that book. I read awhile ago that there was some talk of making some films, but haven't seen anything about it since.

Comment

The script I'm writing is literally page to script.

I'm only up to the bit where she finds the Ancelstierre guards at the bridge whilst on the way to Colven Crest.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
            The script I'm writing is literally page to script.

I'm only up to the bit where she finds the Ancelstierre guards at the bridge whilst on the way to Colven Crest.

Lol.....sounds like a gazillion hour epic lmao. Must be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Lol.....sounds like a gazillion hour epic lmao. Must be fun.
              Actually it's a little bit time consuming. I want to get to the point when that monster - darn I've forgotten what it's called - chases her to Abhorsen's house.

Then it'll be fun.

Comment

Working...
              X