X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargates mentioned in BSG news article

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6396724.html

interesting article on Sci Fi channel and how BSG's ratings went when the gates went ....

'Battlestar Galactica’ Jumping to Sundays

excerpts:

Next month, Sci Fi Channel will dock its flagship series Battlestar Galactica
    in another television galaxy: Sunday nights.

We’re confident that the audience will follow on a Sunday night and will
    create a powerful appointment-to-view block which will hold its own against what
    is perceived to be tougher competition, but in fact is less tough in terms of
    direct, head-to-head genre competition,” he said.

This fall, Sci Fi took a chance by launching for the first time a fresh round
    of episodes from original series into the teeth of the broadcast season. But
    in looking to establish a Friday night fall tentpole, Battlestar was also
    disengaged from the Stargate series that had accompanied it in the past.

TIME-SHIFTED STRUGGLES Sci Fi’s highest-rated original scripted series has
    struggled during the first half of its third season, which began Oct. 6 and ends
    Dec. 15. Through Nov. 17, the show’s premiere installments averaged a 1.4
    household rating and 1.8 million viewers, well below the 2.1 rating and 2.4
    million viewers the show attracted during the 10-episode first half of its
    sophomore season from July to September 2005, and the 1.9/2.1 million during its
    10-installment second half from January to March 2006.

*click on link above for full text*

They still won't admit thier mistake. Geez! They honestly think BSG will hold against even BETTER programing? Ha, ha, ha--they make me laugh.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Thankee!
      Interestign article

They still won't admit thier mistake. Geez! They honestly think BSG will hold against even BETTER programing? Ha, ha, ha--they make me laugh.
      Well, come January, we'll see what the ratigns will say
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Sorry, I believe I will be choosing Family Guy over that followed by Dexter on Showtime.

Let me know how it goes, sorry BSG. *shrug*
        sigpic

Comment

"But Howe said the program’s performance is skewed because of heavy digital video recorder action — a quarter of its viewing is time-shifted, according to Howe.

With DVR viewing factored in, the show has averaged a 1.8 household rating and 2.25 million viewers through Nov. 10 and has recorded a 2% gain to 1.4 million of Sci Fi’s target audience of adults 18 to 49, compared with the show’s full second season."

It's things like that which make Scifi think they can do obviously ****ty choices and come up smelling like roses. 1.8 with DVR sounds a lot better than the 1.4 without, however the show was still getting higher normal ratings such as 1.9/2.1+ without DVR yet Scifi can't see the mistakes staring them in the face. Instead, they make things worse by moving to a Sunday, whic from the sound of things looks bad.

If the show is getting 1.8 with DVR, and was getting around 2.0 without DVR, i'd love to find out what the old seasons with DVR worked out as if using DVR figures will help things look less as bad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6396724.html

interesting article on Sci Fi channel and how BSG's ratings went when the gates went ....

Battlestar was also disengaged from the Stargate series that had accompanied it in the past.

TIME-SHIFTED STRUGGLES Sci Fi’s highest-rated original scripted series has
            struggled during the first half of its third season, which began Oct. 6 and ends
            Dec. 15. Through Nov. 17, the show’s premiere installments averaged a 1.4
            household rating and 1.8 million viewers, well below the 2.1 rating and 2.4
            million viewers the show attracted during the 10-episode first half of its
            sophomore season from July to September 2005, and the 1.9/2.1 million during its 10-installment second half from January to March 2006.

*click on link above for full text*
            Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            I agree, thanks for article link.

Basic law of cause and effect, for every action, a reaction, etc, etc, etc... For me it seems pretty obvious the loss of stargate has had a negative effect on Scifi's entire Fri programming block. and now it's even too late to use the sarcophagus...
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

They actually had 1.4 average??? That's even worse than the Gates....

With all that advertising.. I can't help but feel satisfied
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                i'd love to find out what the old seasons with DVR worked out as if using DVR figures will help things look less as bad.
                Nielsen didn't start including DVR households in their sample until January of 2006 and they started adding them slowly so that the effect wasn't sudden. So, this is something new to the ratings that programmers have to deal with.

Even if they had included them prior to 2006, DVR penetration wasn't as high as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                  They actually had 1.4 average??? That's even worse than the Gates....

With all that advertising.. I can't help but feel satisfied
                  1.3 for the week of Nov. 13th to 19th
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Do you really think moving BSG will improve it's dismal ratings? Don't ask team Hammer/Stern, who will hopefully be jobless at the end of this season.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                      Do you really think moving BSG will improve it's dismal ratings? Don't ask team Hammer/Stern, who will hopefully be jobless at the end of this season.
                      It will collapse even more. Does anyone have a full ratings list for the current season?

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        It will collapse even more. Does anyone have a full ratings list for the current season?
                        Occupation/ Precipice - 1.8
                        Exodus part 1 - 1.6
                        Exodus part 2 - 1.5
                        Collaborators - 1.4
                        Torn - 1.5
                        A Measure of Salvation - ? (1.3? OR was that for Hero?)

And obviously, comparing to SG1
                        Flesh and Blood - 1.4
                        Morpheus - 1.6
                        Pegasus Project - 1.5
                        Insiders - 1.3
                        Uninvited - 1.5
                        200 - 1.9
                        Counterstrike - 1.6

|Didn't check teh averages but SG1s seems better. Not jsut the numbers, but also that SG1s drop and rise (for the next three episodes, they had 1.6, 1.5 and 1.7) while BSGs don't seem to be able to push back. Again, the entire 10 episodes should be in before I allow myself to say such a thing
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I know this is a little OT, but what about Eureka's ratings?? Were they any good?
                          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                            1.3 for the week of Nov. 13th to 19th
                            Yeah, I got a goooood chuckle out of that.

Originally posted by caty View Post
                            I know this is a little OT, but what about Eureka's ratings?? Were they any good?
                            I think Eureka is currently on a 7 month hiatus. Its ratings are not on SciFi Wire.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Yeah, I got a goooood chuckle out of that.

I think Eureka is currently on a 7 month hiatus. Its ratings are not on SciFi Wire.
                              Yup, it finished its first season. If I'm not mistaken, the ratings were quite similar to Atlantis season 1, but dropped for the last several episodes.
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                              X