X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Figures!!!

Taken from http://www.diamondselecttoys.com :

Stargate Atlantis Action Figures!

With the second series of Stargate SG-1 action figures shipping to stores, we’re pleased to officially announce the debut series of Stargate Atlantis action figures featuring Lt. Col. John Sheppard, Dr. Elizabeth Weir and a Wraith! Just as with past releases, there will be bonus accessories - each figure in the first two assortments will include a piece of the Atlantis gate!

A somewhat reluctant addition to the Atlantis expedition, Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard has proven himself to be a resourceful and fiercely loyal member of their team. His quick thinking and unconventional tactics are combined with uncanny instincts and an out-of-this-world sense of humor to create a leader prepared for any situation. Not to be underestimated, Dr. Elizabeth Weir was selected to command the Atlantis team after her negotiation skills impressed the military brass. Dedicated both to her mission and her crew, she has become a force to be reckoned with in the battle against the Wraith – a race of parasitic creatures who have preyed upon the Pegasus galaxy for millennia. Despite the Wraith’s numerous attempts to destroy them, the Atlantis team has proven themselves as stubborn as the Ancients.

You can expect the same articulation featured in the upcoming figures, with incredible attention to detail thanks to the artists at Jean St Jean Studios. The core assortment is scheduled to contain Lt. Colonel John Sheppard, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, a Wraith and the limited Field Ops Dr. Weir in addition to the Diamond Previews exclusive Field Ops Sheppard. Images and final details will be revealed during the upcoming American International Toy Fair!

So it looks like McKay & Teyla will probably be series 2. I'm surprised Weir is in first season, but she'll be a deffinate want for me, being a big fan of her!

EDIT: in celebration of this announcement, I have made a Stargate Action Figure livejournal community! Feel free to join. http://community.livejournal.com/stargatefigures/
    Last edited by nekoi; 29 November 2006, 03:04 PM.

I am a little surprised that Weir made series 1 but I will take them anyway I can get them. I can't wait to see the Wraith.

Comment

Thanks nekoi - great news!

Comment

Joy, more 3 figure waves. I'm guessing it'll probably be Weir, John (grey costume), Wraith and then a John in black costume and John... in some other costume.

Hope they fix the ugly P90s by then...

Comment

They'd better get Shep's hair right, is all I can say

Comment

Originally posted by Jedigreedo View Post
            Joy, more 3 figure waves. I'm guessing it'll probably be Weir, John (grey costume), Wraith and then a John in black costume and John... in some other costume.

Hope they fix the ugly P90s by then...
            I know what you're saying. They're rather unscaled to the figures. I atleast hope they make it so Shep looks like he's shooting it.

Comment

Wow! I glad their doing a field Ops for both of them and we're not just getting a hundred Sheps. I am extremely siked.

I live by M-Theory!

Comment

yay!!!!!! atlantis figures are coming!!!! im too surprise that weir is in series 1. i was expecting mckay like in my figure line up but that cool and dst is continuing the BAG format. can't wait for tay fair 07 for the prototypes.
                "Daniel?"
                "For crying out loud!!"
                "Roddney?"
                "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

With the second series of Stargate SG-1 action figures shipping to stores...
                  I'm glad that DST haven't forgotten about the Atlantis cast; I was wondering how long it would take for DST to announce the first SGA wave. More immediately, I'm cheered by the hope of getting SG-1 wave 2 in time for Christmas!

Images and final details will be revealed during the upcoming American International Toy Fair!
                  Does anyone know when this is?
                  Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

the american international toy fair (or US toy fair as i call it) is in FEB of next year. about the second week of the month around the 14th or 15th and last a week. can't wait to see these and the rest of SG-1.
                    "Daniel?"
                    "For crying out loud!!"
                    "Roddney?"
                    "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

So is it safe to assume I'll never get to have a Beckett figure since he's either leaving or getting pushed back to a minor character?
                      sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                        So is it safe to assume I'll never get to have a Beckett figure since he's either leaving or getting pushed back to a minor character?
                        I'm sure they'll be sticking to the major offworld cast. I assume the other Atlantis figures will include McKay, Teyla, & Ronan.

But Beckett seems like a likely choice, so don't give up hope.

Comment

Yeah. It is way to early to start worrying about not getting certain figures.

Comment

I can definitely say I'm getting the Wraith! Particularly because it may be that Scientist in Allies.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I'm hoping it'll go like this:

Wave 2-
                              Teyla ("civilian")
                              Teyla (field ops)
                              McKay
                              McKay (field ops)
                              Ronin

Mail-in- Teyla with top from her "civilian" costume and the atlantis uniform pants

Wave 3-
                              Beckett
                              Beckett (Field ops)
                              Ford (MARPAT)
                              Ford (Field ops - preferably with Wraithified alternate head)
                              Wraith (grunt version with the brain-face, assuming wave 1's wraith isn't this)

Wave 4-
                              Caldwell
                              Carson
                              Genii soldier
                              Genii soldier variant (Cowen head)
                              Genii soldier variant (Colya head)

But yeah...that ain't gonna happen.

Wonder if Sheppard's gonna come with his cling-on?

Comment

Working...
                              X