the superpower of MW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the superpower of MW

wich race do you consider to be a superpower in the MW galaxy? i know that compared to the ori every race or organization in our galaxy is weak. but still...is it the jaffa, ?tok'ra?, ba'al, earth, ?the asgard?

i hope it hasnt been discussed yet.
    sigpic

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
    wich race do you consider to be a superpower in the MW galaxy? i know that compared to the ori every race or organization in our galaxy is weak. but still...is it the jaffa, ?tok'ra?, ba'al, earth, ?the asgard?

i hope it hasnt been discussed yet.
    Well I think that is very tough. I'd have to go with Ba'al and the Asgard at the moment.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Wiiiiiiiiii

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
        Wiiiiiiiiii
        LOL!
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

1)Asgard
          2)Earth
          3)Ori
          4)Lucian Alliance
          5)Jaffa
          6)Baal and thr Trust
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I was thinking about this before, once the superthreat of the ori is defeated who will be the dominant force in the galaxy.

I think we will become sheltered from the rest of the Milky Way closing the gate down due to not wanting to stir anymore trouble up, and the Jaffa will dominate the galaxy and over time the almighty Tauri who over turned the Jaffa overlords and the Ori invadeds will become nothing but Myth.

But as those races slowly develop, Earth will be reaping the benefits of Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy becoming the most advanced civilistation, and when the Jaffa come knocking at a random gate address 100s of years later( I have a feeling the jaffa will try to take over the galaxy) they will encounter the hyper developed earth home world, and we will take over the Milky way at a whim(its in our nature)

Comment

Originally posted by Juice View Post
              I was thinking about this before, once the superthreat of the ori is defeated who will be the dominant force in the galaxy.

I think we will become sheltered from the rest of the Milky Way closing the gate down due to not wanting to stir anymore trouble up, and the Jaffa will dominate the galaxy and over time the almighty Tauri who over turned the Jaffa overlords and the Ori invadeds will become nothing but Myth.

But as those races slowly develop, Earth will be reaping the benefits of Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy becoming the most advanced civilistation, and when the Jaffa come knocking at a random gate address 100s of years later( I have a feeling the jaffa will try to take over the galaxy) they will encounter the hyper developed earth home world, and we will take over the Milky way at a whim(its in our nature)
              Ah, yes... The SGC as run by the current Democratic party. Fun times.

Comment

Native to th Milky Way? (The Asgard aren't)

I would say we have the most powerfull ships (more powerfull than a Hatak) but the Free Jaffa and the Lucian Alliance obviously have more, we only have the deadalus and the odyssey
                Spoiler:
                and the Apollo soon
                but If we ever managed to get Atlantis back to the MW then I would say we definately rule all!

Comment

Earth is always number 1.
                  Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Yeah, I certainly agree. The Asgard cannot be considered a super power because they are not in the milky way, the Tok'ra are to secretive. That leaves just us, and Ba'al. And I think we have the advantage over Ba'al. And remember that we have changed this galaxy. We defeated the Goa'uld. We are really the only race to be called a supr power. Not thast we don't have problems of our own. And don't forget the Lucies are a criminal organization. So we rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                      Yeah, I certainly agree. The Asgard cannot be considered a super power because they are not in the milky way, the Tok'ra are to secretive. That leaves just us, and Ba'al. And I think we have the advantage over Ba'al. And remember that we have changed this galaxy. We defeated the Goa'uld. We are really the only race to be called a supr power. Not thast we don't have problems of our own. And don't forget the Lucies are a criminal organization. So we rule.
                      what about the jaffa. Lucien Alliance is a criminal organization by our standards but are there any interstellar laws forbiding them from selling casa? anyway who says that criminals cant be a galacitc superpower?

Originally posted by Juice

i dont really think we'll ever see this on stargate....unless there is a huge jump from current timline to a near future when we evolve and become ancients. i belive that if the ori get defeated they wont be wiped out. they'll still rule their galaxy they will only loose the remaining ships in our galaxy.

ok people, lets be honest, we didnt realy defeat the Goa'uld. the were defeated by the replicators. and without them we would still be fighting Goa'ulds.

in my way of thinking ba'al is currently The most powerfull force in MW. he showed that in the insiders and in the quest.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it's fairly obvious... greed. There's no one particular faction; they all have their ups and downs. But one never-changing notion is human nature, and the only really word for the undying desire for more is greed. It alway has been and always will be a driving force in the Stargate universe, and beyond.

Comment

I would say earth, we would, if organsied well enough have the support of alot of worlds out there. Even if the Jaffa are supreme now, over the millenia they have, as a race, pissed off alot of people. We havent done much wrong and so once the Ori is defeated, i think we will be the race to fill thep ower vacume. We are also the most technologically advanced race, not right now, but once atlantis starts giving up its good and we get them on our ships and we get a decent fleet and the asgard's full support in war then we will own all the ships in the MW, some say we already do. Not Ori of course..

Also Sg1 has done more for 2 galaxies than any other 7 people, if we beat the Ori, then no one would dare face us, we might not be advanced but wed have taken out, the replicators, the Ori, the Goauld and Anubis.....thats gotta look good on the resume for superpower'dom.

PS if any of your are wondering theres been a dicusion about this in the GW fleet 2.0, which is about the Post ori MW and us finding our place within it, building a new fleet and fighting whatever comes our way.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                            Native to th Milky Way? (The Asgard aren't)
                            You're right that the Asgard aren't native to this galaxy. But I would argue that they are the superpower here. They're the most technologically advanced race encountered in the Local Group (assuming the Ori are from further away), and they maintain a military presence in at least two galaxies.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                              Also Sg1 has done more for 2 galaxies than any other 7 people, if we beat the Ori, then no one would dare face us, we might not be advanced but wed have taken out, the replicators, the Ori, the Goauld and Anubis.....thats gotta look good on the resume for superpower'dom.
                              I'm sure the other races would object to having their contributions being so thoroughly dismissed. The SGC did a good job acting as a catalyst, upsetting the standing order of the galaxy and opening the road to victory, but a lot of the heavy lifting was still done by the other peoples.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X