So how do you feel about Sci Fi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how do you feel about Sci Fi...

...knowing that there's a bunch of DVD discs or digital film somewhere in the Sci Fi channel's HQ that are sitting there, and will remain there, unseen and unshown, for almost 6 months.

Seriously, most and soon to be all of SG-1 Season 10 (and SGA Season 3) is in a drawer or saved to their computers in one of their buildings, just collecting dust. They're mocking the fans of the series, as well as MGM, with such an audacious decision and all-the-while sending their own ratings for the one actual *science fiction* night down the crapper.

Are we really so apathetic that we'll just sit by, waiting for them to decide when to hand the doom and end to us? It's Farscape all over again, just v2.0 and are we going to bite our tongues, take only 2 DVD movies and let that be the end of it?

News and blogs have dropped to a crawl, if not a complete standstill, and it just seems like we're watching Sci Fi pull the plug and the future circle the drain.

I think SciFi is starting to realize how badly they screwed up. Both Eureka and ECW are their top rated shows (not bashing Eureka, love the show) and their formerly top rated show, BSG is losing ratings because they messed up a really good block of shows. Their attempt to carry the network with BSG has failed.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      I think SciFi is starting to realize how badly they screwed up. Both Eureka and ECW are their top rated shows (not bashing Eureka, love the show) and their formerly top rated show, BSG is losing ratings because they messed up a really good block of shows. Their attempt to carry the network with BSG has failed.
      The other problem with BSG is the show is failing to retain the veiwers. It's okay--but not nearly as good as it was when it started. They 'jumped the shark' at the end of season 2 and that was the end of it IMO.

Sci-fi channel in general is just a bad network now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole network goes to 'reality tv' type shows because they ar cheap to produce.

I also hope that another network starts a new sci-fi type network that does show good shows. I bet Skiffy has pissed off so many veiwers by the WAY they cancelled SG-1 that people are leaving the channel out of disgust.

They announced the cancellation to the cast right before there 200th party and to the viewers right after the 200th aired. People easily forget things that happen that are good but when things happen that are bad--like cancelling a record breaking show on the record breaking feat--people remember that and don't like it. If they had held off till the first half of the show was aired the people wouldn't be nearly as upset.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        The other problem with BSG is the show is failing to retain the veiwers. It's okay--but not nearly as good as it was when it started. They 'jumped the shark' at the end of season 2 and that was the end of it IMO.

Sci-fi channel in general is just a bad network now. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole network goes to 'reality tv' type shows because they ar cheap to produce.

I also hope that another network starts a new sci-fi type network that does show good shows. I bet Skiffy has pissed off so many veiwers by the WAY they cancelled SG-1 that people are leaving the channel out of disgust.

They announced the cancellation to the cast right before there 200th party and to the viewers right after the 200th aired. People easily forget things that happen that are good but when things happen that are bad--like cancelling a record breaking show on the record breaking feat--people remember that and don't like it. If they had held off till the first half of the show was aired the people wouldn't be nearly as upset.
        Agree 100%. I stoped watching BSG because it isnt as good anymore. I am ticked at Skiffy because of the canceellation but I will still watch only for Sg-1 and SGA. When SGA ends so does my Scifi vewiership.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Another thread about the Sci Fi Channel?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Another thread about the Sci Fi Channel?
            If they continue to multiply at this rate, we might end up with more threads than the anti-new-seasons ones!
            *gasp, cue dramatic music*
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

ECW
              +6 month hiatus
              +cancellation
              +BSG timeslot change(Sunday?)
              +the crappy movies they still show
              =idiocy.
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

I wish them many ills.

Comment

I wish that NBC take BSG from them. Forcing Sci Fi to order up more Stargate SG-1 seasons. Else lose the vast majority of their viewers.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

i agree 100% and i also wish many ills on them as well

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      I wish them many ills.
                      Yeah we need to give them the Ori plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        And then give them away to the Lucian Alliance.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Add in a dash of the network itself getting canceled and I'm all for it
                          SAVE SG-1
                          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

oh yeah

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                              And then give them away to the Lucian Alliance.
                              That would be the perfect punishment, that and the network going to Ne'tu!

Comment

Working...
                              X