This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Break

Anyone else watching this? What do you think of it so far?

Personally I think it has potential, I would have put money on not a lot can really happen in the same day, but it's proven me wrong so far.

I gotta say i'm hooked on this show. I was a tad skeptical at first but then i thought it was more or less the same format as "24" except it's not in real time. It kinda feels like Prison Break but with more conspiracy theory.

I just found out the 2nd half of the season is online at abc.com which is apparently the only way they're distibuting it currently. If you've been itchin to find out what happens then i suggest you check it out. Right now i'm caught up with all but the last 2 eps which i'll probebly watch later.

Comment

They cancelled it after 6 episodes, and I just watched 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and I like it a lot, it just got good in those episodes that did nto air, what a shame!! As you said it really did have potential!!
      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
        They cancelled it after 6 episodes, and I just watched 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and I like it a lot, it just got good in those episodes that did nto air, what a shame!! As you said it really did have potential!!
        So they just release the final 5 online to conclude it? That's quite a shame, and it was getting really good too. Coulda been the next 24 or Prison Break.

Comment

I really can't understand why this show didn't catch on. Oh well, just another in a long line of quality shows cancelled after only being given half a chance. So what if it dropped from 10.6 mil to 3.9 mil in 6 weeks
          Last edited by lunarleviathan; 16 February 2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Beckett View Post
            So they just release the final 5 online to conclude it? That's quite a shame, and it was getting really good too. Coulda been the next 24 or Prison Break.
            Yeah they released the final episodes online.

I had high hopes for the show....It seems Networks don't give shows a chance to establish any more......

Some good shows took a while to establish in the past yet were giving a chance....Take Seinfeld for instance it took them 3-4 seasons to get any ratings lol.
            Actor
            [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

I really liked it, but I can see a "Loet" happening in it though, where they keep makin us ask questions and you thinkin well obviously that's gonna happen!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Very annoyed that the last episode is delayed!!!

A lot is going to have to happen, because it doesn't seem as though the mystery is near enough solved for it to be the last episode. Without seeing how this ends yet, it's fair to assume more seasons involving the same plot were planned.

I really hope someone, somewhere, creates another decent time loop show. There is so much potential for a series like this to do well, especially given the popularity of shows such as Lost with a heavy influence on mystery & conspiracy themes.

A new cast & story in a show like this every season could run, well, for a loooong time.

Comment

Actually, Day Break is considered a miniseries. It was only intended for 1 season of 13 episodes, nothing more.

Comment

Maybe so, but the concept is simple but strong, it deserves better.

Episode 13 was finally shown. Who was the guy at the end watching Hopper though? That scene stank of guardian angel type junk, hopefully that's not what it was implying.

Comment

Actually if it were a hit they were gonig to make a second season about a "minor" charater that we saw in season 1.

I didn't like the show, nor did I hate it. Blaming ABC for the show's failure is a joke. It lost all it's ratings and they got so low CW could have beat them

I still blame ABC for killing Invasion... dummies.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                        I still blame ABC for killing Invasion... dummies.
                        I never really followed invasion tbh, mainly caunse i didn't watch the whole first episode. From what i got it was sorta like an Invasion of the Body Snatchers type show. Did they ever figure you the aliens/beings behind everything?

And if the minor character from Daybreak they were gonna use for a second season was the hippie Jarred then that would be funny. Seems like kept the idea that he was in the looping day even though that doctor debunked that theory.

Comment

Working...
                        X