Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder how the Nox are dealing with the Ori.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how the Nox are dealing with the Ori.

Maybe we can take some lessons.
    They are probably hiding, and being less than useless, Right?

Or they evacuated their colony and returned to their own galaxy of origin.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid. View Post
      Maybe we can take some lessons.
      They are probably hiding, and being less than useless, Right?
      If a simple cargo ship cloak can hide from Ori sensors, you think they'll be able to detect a Nox cloak?

Comment

um the Nox originated in the Milky Way

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          If a simple cargo ship cloak can hide from Ori sensors, you think they'll be able to detect a Nox cloak?
          That what I said....Hiding.
          Which does no one any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
            um the Nox originated in the Milky Way
            If they originated in the Milky Way, then why don't they have a population reflects how old they are, why don't they have more than one world and have mining operations to acquire resources. They have a floating city on their planet, but surely they would have had groundbased structures if that was there homeworld and lots of commercial traffic. If they originated in the MW, they would have likely been an Ancient startup race but from all the other races we've seen that we're Ancient startup races in the MW, none of them can construct a Stargate. The Nox can. And none of them have a floating city. The nox do. There's a significant timeline difference between the Nox and any of the other races in the Milky Way.

Comment

The Nox currently have their heads in the sand...
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                If they originated in the Milky Way, then why don't they have a population reflects how old they are, why don't they have more than one world and have mining operations to acquire resources. They have a floating city on their planet, but surely they would have had groundbased structures if that was there homeworld and lots of commercial traffic. If they originated in the MW, they would have likely been an Ancient startup race but from all the other races we've seen that we're Ancient startup races in the MW, none of them can construct a Stargate. The Nox can. And none of them have a floating city. The nox do. There's a significant timeline difference between the Nox and any of the other races in the Milky Way.
                Considering the ways of the Nox they probably don't like mining operations or groundbased structures and got rid of those as soon as they could.
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

Well with the fact that the Nox are pacifists, even as powerfull as they are they probably won't help.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Dude, the Nox or from the MW. They will be from the MW until TPTB state that they are from somewhere else. So please don't think of something and then call it right/canon.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tsid. View Post
                      That what I said....Hiding.
                      Which does no one any good.
                      Actually it does, it does them some good since the Ori won't be a threat to them, but more importantly it doesn't do anyone any harm, you can't expect the Nox to be pacifists only when it suits us.

Comment

If they originated in the Milky Way, then why don't they have a population reflects how old they are, why don't they have more than one world and have mining operations to acquire resources. They have a floating city on their planet, but surely they would have had groundbased structures if that was there homeworld and lots of commercial traffic.
                        We were only exposed to a small area of their planet. For all we know, there could be thousands of those floating cities all over their planet let alone other planets.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
                          We were only exposed to a small area of their planet. For all we know, there could be thousands of those floating cities all over their planet let alone other planets.
                          True but with them being part of the four race alliance and the level of technology it seems to be that they may be in this galaxy but they could be from another galaxy as well.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            True but with them being part of the four race alliance and the level of technology it seems to be that they may be in this galaxy but they could be from another galaxy as well.
                            They could be from any galaxy the PTB wants them to be. But, until then they are from ours.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

What if they accepted the Ori as gods? *Shivers* (I think that one's nightmare worthy)

The question would then be, what's more important, pacifism or obediently killing everybody the prior tells them to?
                              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Working...
                              X