Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep the Gate Open (MGM official content supporting a Season 11)!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the Gate Open (MGM official content supporting a Season 11)!!

Just to let everyone here know some 'breaking' news (as they say on SKY News *lol*) : MGM are holding an official competition, called 'Keep the Gate Open'.

It's all about people making videos about why STARGATE SG-1 should continue for @ least another season (season 11) - or maybe longer! - & I for one am all for it!

At the very least, if MGM get enough responses/interest they may just renew STARGATE SG-1 on their own (DAMN YOU SCI-FI CHANNEL [U.S.] & MARK STERN; YOU ); &, when combined with the on-line petitions & the offical Save STARGATE Sg-1 campaign, just might end up making a difference (I am an optomistic realist by nature )?

The link to the competition, including rules & regs, etc; is : http://www.gcbme.com/contest_detail.php?contest_id=6

For all of those interested in going in the competition (I can't do video thingys like that, I am not that talented with computers! I can sing thou! ); get cracking & good luck!

Yes ... don't forget to add that IT'S FOR U.S RESIDENTS ONLY
    Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry.

As always!
    Gilles
    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
    Ben Browder interview
    Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by Wallpaperman View Post
      Yes ... don't forget to add that IT'S FOR U.S RESIDENTS ONLY

As always!
      I must admit, as a UK resident, it's getting a bit tiresome constantly being 'excluded' and not-counted.

Comment

I agree, having such contests only open to US residents (whilst logicistically & finacially sound as far as the people holding it are concerned) is getting rather annoying & tiresome to say the least.

I wish they would realise that there are million of other STARGATE fans around the world whom are talented, willing & wanting to enter into such competitions.

Looking on the bright side, perhaps a few of our friends across the pond can come up with some intventive clips to keep us entertained in the meantime?

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
          I agree, having such contests only open to US residents (whilst logicistically & finacially sound as far as the people holding it are concerned) is getting rather annoying & tiresome to say the least.

I wish they would realise that there are million of other STARGATE fans around the world whom are talented, willing & wanting to enter into such competitions.

Looking on the bright side, perhaps a few of our friends across the pond can come up with some intventive clips to keep us entertained in the meantime?
          The one I had a look at recently, by Cleo the Muse, is really fantastic, well worth taking a wander over there and having a look. I should imagine the guys who can enter will do us all proud.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
            The one I had a look at recently, by Cleo the Muse, is really fantastic, well worth taking a wander over there and having a look. I should imagine the guys who can enter will do us all proud.
            ROTFLOL Cleo The Muse's vid is really FANTASTIC!!!
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
              ROTFLOL Cleo The Muse's vid is really FANTASTIC!!!
              Hee hee, thought you'd like it

Comment

I'm from the US and I would have to agree. An 11th season really effects everyone and it would be nice to include everyone on this, epecially where I can't see where it would cost them a fortune to include other countries.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I think I know why restricted to the US, MGM is getting it's revenge because people in the UK, get DVDs before we do in the US, and also the British get access to a special DVD site (SG-1 and SGA), where they can get cool wallpaper (some of which can be found at The Scifi World) and other stuff.

I think I speak for a lot of Stargate fans when I say, I want the code for those UK DVD sites, the only thing people in the US get before the UK is, First Half Eps air here first, the full DVD box set of the Previous season, and we get included in most Stargate contests.
                  sigpic

Comment

I very much doubt MGM is on for "revenge"; it's probably some legality thing.

Comment

I must admit, as a UK resident, it's getting a bit tiresome constantly being 'excluded' and not-counted.
                      Hah hah! Get used to it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Stupid question here. Where do you find what's been submitted so far???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well...I'm sure some of us US fans that aren't entering would be happy to enter your save the Gate contest video....I would be more than willing to help anyone out. The only thing I would ask is a 10% winning fee...and I won't take 10% of the script cause well that doesn't really work.
                          Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            Stupid question here. Where do you find what's been submitted so far???
                            Not a stupid question at all I found it when Iwas visiting her profile on the MGM website, I don't know if there's a specific way to find out where the other submissions are

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
                              Hah hah! Get used to it.
                              Am used to it, not gonna stop us whining about it though

Comment

Working...
                              X