This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy 12 anyone played it yet

It's my birthday today and I'm planing to pick up Final Fantasy 12.
    But has anyone played and if you have how good is it?
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Yeah I bought it last week. Haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet though, it's essay season.

Still, from what little I've played there's a lot in this game to get excited about. The setting, in particular, is very very cool. The whole expanding empire/protagonist is from an occupied territory thing really does a lot for the storytelling.

The CGI is top-notch--as always. I'm not sure the intro video is quite as thrilling as FFX's was, but because it's FF you can be guaranteed that the only games with a chance of having a better intro than this are other FF games. And the "licence" system is like FFX's sphere system, only better.

The combat is that odd combination of real-time and turn-based. You only attack every so often (and that's modified by weapons and so forth), but you can run and try to avoid being attacked while it "charges" back up. I still long for the days of FFVII style turn-based combat, but that's just personal opinion.

Oh and a word to the wise: don't pick a fight with that tyrannosaurus, especially if you've been running around for half an hour picking fights to level up.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Yeah I bought it last week. Haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet though, it's essay season.

Still, from what little I've played there's a lot in this game to get excited about. The setting, in particular, is very very cool. The whole expanding empire/protagonist is from an occupied territory thing really does a lot for the storytelling.

The CGI is top-notch--as always. I'm not sure the intro video is quite as thrilling as FFX's was, but because it's FF you can be guaranteed that the only games with a chance of having a better intro than this are other FF games. And the "licence" system is like FFX's sphere system, only better.

The combat is that odd combination of real-time and turn-based. You only attack every so often (and that's modified by weapons and so forth), but you can run and try to avoid being attacked while it "charges" back up. I still long for the days of FFVII style turn-based combat, but that's just personal opinion.

Oh and a word to the wise: don't pick a fight with that tyrannosaurus, especially if you've been running around for half an hour picking fights to level up.
      Sounds Sweet I can't wait to get, though I have to travel out of my area I can't wait to get it.

By the I liked 7 because of sepiroth he was sweet. But my favorite was 8 I liked that gunblade and that ship they used look cool it is the only thing I would want to have over a Anceint city-ship.
      Thanks for the Info.
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

this game sorly dissapointed me

IMO the only thing I say this game has going for it is Balthier and Graphics

I dont think i games battle system has bored me to death more than this game has(and to me the battle system is the most important part of the game)...hell I like KoTOR but atleast in that game I couldent have my dog beat the final boss for me(there is a video of some ones cat beating the finalboss..)

and the character design... Vaan is just...no and in general it just seems uninspired to me(and whats up with every one being blond...) and I dont like their personalitys also the fact that despite this uses the FFTA world you cant get Bangaa/moogles or the other race on your party and all you get stuck with is a bunch of humans and a skanky playboy bunny(viera)

the exception is Balthier who reminds me of Han Solo which is a good thing

the music dissapointed me with the exception of the victory fanfair and the remix of clash on the big bridge

...this game pulled a FF9 on me in which the only reason im bothering to finish it is because I like 1 of the characters quite a bit

Comment

I'm looking forward to this game, although I'm going in with much skepticism...however, I won't know for quite a while yet, as for some reason I cannot fathom FF12 won't be released here in Aus until next year...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

It's not all that great a game.

I've only played it for about 20 hours or so before I got bored. The story (as fas as I got with it) is dull, and the new combat system is dreadful. The music isn't all that great either, which is a shame for a Final Fantasy.

Hopefully XIII will redeem the series.

Comment

To each their own I guess. The four hours I've had time to log in it have been a lot of fun.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
              X