Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Merlin use the Ori weapon when he built it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't Merlin use the Ori weapon when he built it?

I just had a thought why didn't he use the weapon when he created didn't he use then take the time to create all of these obstances and riddles.

Because the threat wasnt there. Its a POSSIBLE threat that may of occured...
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

...Because then there woudln't be seasons 9 & 10?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

because the merlin weapon is not real ? or finished ?
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
          Because the threat wasnt there. Its a POSSIBLE threat that may of occured...
          The treat was there thats is why Merlin created the weapon.The Ancients are doing what they do best underestimate their enemy.

Comment

Becouse after finishing the weapon the Ancients might have took the chance to take it away from Merlin , They could have also say that Merlin him self was a threat to the Ancients and the Ori if he stayed alive or as in human form .

They could have ascended him and whipped out his memories at that point , giving Merlin a second chance of Enlitement . He could have be one of the Ancients that stopped Morgan from saying anything to Danniel and Vala .

Morgan knowing that some day the Ancients would have to face the Ori might have thought it was a smart choice to hide the weapon from the Ancients as well , But doing so could have been outcased from the Ancients or even punished for this ...

Now its up to SG-1 and the rest of the SG-C to find the weapon and get ride of the Pri once and for all ...

Comment

I agree, the ancients probably told morgan to let him finish it, and when hes done take it away. They needed some sort of insurance or threat to use on the ori. Because the Ori didnt know of the device then its safe to assume that there wasn't a point where the ancients had to threaten them until now.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

another question is, why doesn't one of the Ancients use it now against the Ori?
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

here a another question :if merlin created the device with universal knowledge and with his powers, so cant the ancients find a way to adapt to the device like replicators do for the disruptor guns, since with the knowledge of the univesre, they could just find a anti killing ascended thing a jig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                    I just had a thought why didn't he use the weapon when he created didn't he use then take the time to create all of these obstances and riddles.
                    Merlin knew the Orii were a threat, so that gave him reason to build it. However, he couldn't use it because if he did then it would either kill his fellow ancients or start a direct war between the Orii and the Ancients. Just using the weapon would have been enough for the Ancients to come in and do something because Merlin would be using his cheating and would be a risk to the those who had ascended.

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    I fail to see the bad side of that. Although it would have made both seasons diffferent which could have been good.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    another question is, why doesn't one of the Ancients use it now against the Ori?
                    Because the Ancients won't get involved because they won't interfere with mortal affairs. Orii followers invading the Galaxy and killing us is fine to them, so they aren't going to go against the Orii when the Orii haven't really did anything, it was their followers.

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                    here a another question :if merlin created the device with universal knowledge and with his powers, so cant the ancients find a way to adapt to the device like replicators do for the disruptor guns, since with the knowledge of the univesre, they could just find a anti killing ascended thing a jig
                    The Ancients have no real need for science or engineering or building anything so they aren't going to turn it into a new type of weapon what is happen is a mortal issue.

sigpic

Comment

Well Merlin built the weapon so the Ori threat was obviously growing or Merlin would have had no reason to build it. However if he had tried to use eit he would have been struck dowen just like Morgan was when she tried to help.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        Indeed! I'm thankful he didn't use it then, because I've loved the past season and a half.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Indeed! I'm thankful he didn't use it then, because I've loved the past season and a half.
                          Me too.

Comment

coreect me if i'm wrong but didn't morgen steal it from merlin
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds View Post
                              coreect me if i'm wrong but didn't morgen steal it from merlin
                              I don't think we know if Morgan hid it or Merlin.

Comment

Working...
                              X