This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Pel'tac bombers

Granted I don't know the damage payload of Al'kesh and if they're considerable to Ha'tak weapon fire but it seems like they'd be cheaper to produce and more can be produced for the same cost compared to Ha'taks and that a swarm of them could deliver a considerable rate of damage to Ha'tak volleys. Since both Ha'taks and Al'kesh(being that Al'kesh are unshielded) can't take more than one hit from the Ori beam weapon, it would make much more sense to be employing Al'kesh, with their higher evasive abilities than the Ha'taks, against the Ori vessels. And the problem of the Ori raiders can be dealt with by two options, both which would be asking help from a foreign government. 1) Daedalus' railguns are better equipped to take down small fighters than they are capital ships so if the captains of the vessels would just try to avoid the beam cannons by flying perpendicular to the beam, it would last longer. 2) Get an Asgard vessel to teleport all the unshielded Ori raiders.

It seems like Stargate could have more potential for space battles rather than capital ship versus capital ship. We already know the Milky Way capital ships are inferior to the Ori vessels but we still don't know if a large fleet of bombers could be cost effective against the Ori toilet bowls. Other than Camelot, we have never seen the point defense weapons used.
    Last edited by DetriusXii; 08 November 2006, 02:01 PM. Reason: Meant Al'kesh

Pel'tac weapons are very weak compared to Ha'tak weapons.

If a fleet of Ha'tak can't even make the ground shake inside of an Ori ship, what's a fleet of Pel'tac's gonna do?

Comment

A pel'tac isn't a ship, sure you two aren't talking about a fleet of Al'kesh?

Comment

i think their talking about the Al'Kesh bombers...or even with our milkyway ships we could also take them from behind...sure they have smaller weapons back there...but if their shield gets out of wack just enough then... 1 fire of our weapons would atleast be able to take out their engines and maybe shields... thats what i think they should of done in Camelot...cause we know from WW2 and such that the FRONT of tanks are the strongest...

Comment

A Pel'tac is the bridge. They must be talking about Al'Kesh.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, apologies, I meant Al'kesh bombers.

Comment

I don't know. What's the name of that other ship that isn't an Al'kesh? And aren't they close-range fighters (relatively speaking).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                I don't know. What's the name of that other ship that isn't an Al'kesh? And aren't they close-range fighters (relatively speaking).
                Death gliders, which are the fighter/interceptors of bombers, and Tel'tacs which are supply transports and shuttle service.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  The Tic'tac!!!!!!!!

It's a Tel'tak that the original poster is most likely to be referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                    The Tic'tac!!!!!!!!

It's a Tel'tak that the original poster is most likely to be referring to.
                    DeathGlider = Fighter

Tel'tac = cargo/scout ship

Al'kesh = long range bomber(most likely what the original poster was talking about, first seen in Exodus sucker punching the SGC's shiny new mothership)

Ha'tak = mothership
                    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Wow, thanks for the history lesson dude, I seriously did not know any of that. DeathGlider, Ha'tak, Al'kesh. I mean I'd never heard of any of them before now!

Look at the title of the thread... Pel'tac. Out of all the Goa'uld ships, only one sounds remotley close. That's why I said Tel'tak (it is with a K btw & not a C as you put in).

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter View Post
                        Wow, thanks for the history lesson dude, I seriously did not know any of that. DeathGlider, Ha'tak, Al'kesh. I mean I'd never heard of any of them before now!

Look at the title of the thread... Pel'tac. Out of all the Goa'uld ships, only one sounds remotley close. That's why I said Tel'tak (it is with a K btw & not a C as you put in).
                        Well if you'd read the thread carefully you'd of noticed that the thread starter has already said he was talking about an Al'kesh not a Tel'tak.

Comment

A squadron of Alkesh might be able to do serious damage to a Ori ship in a well coordinated sneak attack. hit them when their shields are down. Cloak and decloak between attack runs. they might not be able to destroy one but they could soften them up,distract before the big guns arrive. kind of off topic but how do you think would Apophis's flagship from Season 4 would match up to the Ori. It was packing soem serious firepower.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Wasn't there another type of craft? I saw it first (and never again), in S1ep1, Apophis used it to ring down to near the "gate" with newly converted Sharee & Skara, along with a handful of guards. It was a similar to a Death glider, but larger (it had rings on board). After the above riged down, it converted from a short range transport ship to a glider.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

It was some sort of converted Death Glider.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X