This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateworld Green-a-thon

I don't know if anyone's done this before in this forum, so please bare with me?

Firstly; I'd like to say Kudo's to all those lovely Gateworld.net forum members whom have given me green & welcomed me to the Gateworld forums since I have first 'arrived' here; it's nice to see that the values of mate/friendship, tolerance & respect apply as much on-line as hey do off-line : no matter where you are from, who you are, or what your individual ideas/beliefs/passions might be (especially where everyone's favourite show(s) is/are concerned! ).

Basically, the idea for this thread is simple :

1. Give the person who's post is before some green & sya something nice about them in the comments section (click on the scales in their post & go 'add to reputation', check 'I approve' & add your comment).

2. State why you think you would give someone green.

3. State something positive about the person above you & link it to a STARGATE moment from either :

(a) the movie
    (b) STARGATE SG-1
    (c) STARGATE ATLANTIS

Note that we're doing this to help increase evryone's post count/reputation/points & to boost morale. I know not everyone approves of giving green for 'no reason' (hence the requirements, above); so I ask that if you don't approve of giving green without a truely 'valid' reason, then don't participate in my fun little experiment : it's that simple!

Firstly; I will start off (I will use myself as an exmaple, since this is the first post in this thread ):

*greens himself, theoretically speaking*

I give people green when they are nice to me (welcoming me ot a thread, offering nice commnets on my posts, etc), when someone has done a really nice, well-researched/thought-out thread & has gone to the effort to get their opinions across, when I agree/respect with what's being said in a particualr thread/post; & sometimes (although abliet not often enough!) when I am 'in the mood'.

I liken myself to from STARGATE Sg-1 & the movie : he always tries to do what is right, stands up for what he believes in - no matter what! - & we both share a love of ancient history/languages & other cultures.

So, there you have it! Welcome, thankyou; & :

LET THE GREEN-A-THON BEGIN!!

I give green because I just want to give green for no reason apparent reason.
    Akren gets green because ge made this great thread.(It's the best thing to happen to this forum since the Is it true Scifi causes cancer thread.)
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I give green if someone says something informative or hilarious. If it makes me feel good i return it basically

Col. Shadow Quinn gets green cos hes a "do what i want" person like all the best characters in SG.
      When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
      The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
      Spoiler:
      MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
      Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
      MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
      Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
      AND
      MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
      Me: Times it by that really big number!
      MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
      Me: How should i know?
      MBA: Its on the board
      Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

I give green beause of..well, I've already stated the reaons in my first post when I started this thread.

Hooperman1990 gets green becuase I like his reason for giving green, I like his sig (whom knew that BANJO music would defeat the Orii?!? *lol*).

I liken him to Jack from SG-1 becuase both, like me, share a warped sense of humor (i.e: "For crying out loud!").

Comment

I turn green when on a boat, does that count? Oh, and you might want to check out the Free Green thread, lot's of green available there.
          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

I want green cos i slapped my mate in the face for saying sci-fi is a load of crap!!!! LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
              I want green cos i slapped my mate in the face for saying sci-fi is a load of crap!!!! LOL
              ok, THAT does deserve some green. You might want to do it again to make sure the point got across.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                ok, THAT does deserve some green. You might want to do it again to make sure the point got across.
                I green you because that sounds like the appropriate action. lol
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                  I green you because that sounds like the appropriate action. lol
                  i give green to those who make me laugh ... especially those who play with words in a sarcastic or clever manor

i'll green you for making me *giggle*

and i don't know you so hard but i'll compare you to the jaffa in the skirt ... you know the one jack yelled "hey you in the skirt" to cause i don't know him either!!

teehee!!
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                    i give green to those who make me laugh ... especially those who play with words in a sarcastic or clever manor

i'll green you for making me *giggle*

and i don't know you so hard but i'll compare you to the jaffa in the skirt ... you know the one jack yelled "hey you in the skirt" to cause i don't know him either!!

teehee!!
                    Why thank you.

Have you heard that new Jaffa song they have out? It's called "Baby got mikta". Or how about the song, "Back that mikta up"? I can totally see a Jaffa rap song coming out. Hmmm, "Sholva was the case", "Primtah and juice", "Stop! It's First Prime time". And the ever popular "Where my symbiotes at". And who could have foreseen the huge hit by Apophis, "Kill me one more time". All brought to you by Ascention Records, a subsidiary of Control Crystal Corp.

Te he he.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                      Why thank you.

Have you heard that new Jaffa song they have out? It's called "Baby got mikta". Or how about the song, "Back that mikta up"? I can totally see a Jaffa rap song coming out. Hmmm, "Sholva was the case", "Primtah and juice", "Stop! It's First Prime time". And the ever popular "Where my symbiotes at". And who could have foreseen the huge hit by Apophis, "Kill me one more time". All brought to you by Ascention Records, a subsidiary of Control Crystal Corp.

Te he he.
                      I think some rappers are going to sue somebody lol.

Green for that excellent post

Esit: Got to spread the rep around first
                      sigpic

Comment

Lol theres some rap i could listen to!

Amann gets green cos i a long long time ago we were in this RP thing called the Great Coalition with completely mad RP (and he was definately madest! or possibly susie)
                        When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
                        The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
                        Spoiler:
                        MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
                        Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
                        MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
                        Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
                        AND
                        MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
                        Me: Times it by that really big number!
                        MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
                        Me: How should i know?
                        MBA: Its on the board
                        Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

Originally posted by Hooperman1990 View Post
                          Lol theres some rap i could listen to!

Amann gets green cos i a long long time ago we were in this RP thing called the Great Coalition with completely mad RP (and he was definately madest! or possibly susie)
                          haha, in a galaxy far, far away lol (and the GC is still here lol)

Hooper gets green because he was a good RP person lol. Not to mention his name LMAO. Hooper drives the boat chiefy!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                            haha, in a galaxy far, far away lol (and the GC is still here lol)

Hooper gets green because he was a good RP person lol. Not to mention his name LMAO. Hooper drives the boat chiefy!
                            Amann gets green for his SICK!!! spoiler!!!

can i get green for just reaching a 900 post??????????
                            sigpic

Comment

ok, let's get this thing rollin. Baby needs some green. I greened who I could.

Comment

Working...
                              X