This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi Saved My Life

This Discovery Channel series started broadcasting here in November and has evidently made its way around the world. According to their website, Sci-Fi Saved My Life investigates the many fascinating projects of real life that were inspired by sci-fi hits (drawing from Terminator, The Matrix, Stargate and Men In Black), and examines how they might change life on earth – and beyond – as we now know it.

Here are two video snippets from the Stargate portion, thanks to a Dutch viewer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61_h0LPP7W8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1yZ03xj7g

Look out for it in your country, if you haven't caught it yet, and watch out for these Stargate bits:
    Spoiler:
    • Sam as the "thinking man's crumpet"
    • The real hero of the show is a fancy hullahoop with a puddle in the middle of it
    • "The Stargate is like an intergalactic internet" - Michael Shanks
    • " 'Demolecularized---' the actors hate it when I make them say it, and now I know why!" - Brad Wright
    • NASA space program astronauts chose Stargate for their alloted 1 hour of Video-on-Demand per week
    • "To think that we affect the world and people we admire and think of as heroes in that way is very inspiring" - Rob Cooper
    Last edited by lostinspace; 17 November 2006, 08:23 AM.
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

sweet

Comment

Nice Vids.
      sigpic

Comment

I hate to be a wet blanket, but that show was terrible. They spent 45 minutes talking about absolute rubbish and not about Stargate, and 15 minutes with tiny little snippets of interviews with the cast and TPTB. And the narrator was annoying as hell. The only redeeming factor was the inclusion of the Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping interviews.
        Sometimes the truth........
        Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
        Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
        - General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova View Post
          I hate to be a wet blanket, but that show was terrible. They spent 45 minutes talking about absolute rubbish and not about Stargate, and 15 minutes with tiny little snippets of interviews with the cast and TPTB. And the narrator was annoying as hell. The only redeeming factor was the inclusion of the Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping interviews.
          Yeah, the 2 YouTube links I saw/posted were ok but I never got to see the whole Stargate portion till tonight. Gotta agree with you about the narrator - it was fun at first but he really got on our nerves by the halfway mark. I wonder if the interviewees for the "science" parts (esp. the ridiculous section on pyramids) knew he was going to spoof them so much. The Stargate and space "fiction" were alright though, and some of the latter scenes had SGA folk/sets in the background too. Some spoilers for the rest of this season, dep. when they made this?

That said, there's no Stargate (or many good scifi shows) in this part of the world so I am glad that they showed this Discovery series. The range/manner of topics reflected both the irreverence and relevance in scifi today.
          Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Working...
          X