Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have watched 3 of season 9, can I watch season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have watched 3 of season 9, can I watch season 10?

My sucky channel City t.v. moved SG-1 around so much last season that I may have watched 3 episodes of season 9! The box set is on my Christmas list However my channel is starting season 10 this Tuesday. I am recording onto my harddrive and then on to DVD. So I can wait to see the actual episodes. But I want to know if I should wait until I see all of season 9? Will I know what's going on? I have read a bit about season 9 because I'm nosey and I know it's really different from season 1-8. So I'm afraid I might be really lost if I start to watch season 10 now. What do you all think?
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

I think you should watch all of Season 9 first.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
      My sucky channel City t.v. moved SG-1 around so much last season that I may have watched 3 episodes of season 9! The box set is on my Christmas list However my channel is starting season 10 this Tuesday. I am recording onto my harddrive and then on to DVD. So I can wait to see the actual episodes. But I want to know if I should wait until I see all of season 9? Will I know what's going on? I have read a bit about season 9 because I'm nosey and I know it's really different from season 1-8. So I'm afraid I might be really lost if I start to watch season 10 now. What do you all think?
      It really depends. What 3 have you seen? There are many great episodes in season 9 and many are critical to the story. So IMO no you should watch season 9 all the way through then season 10.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would say wait , thee is alot of good things in season 9 that they use in season 10 aswell , so I would wait tell you get season 9 first .... Myself i would want to know the whole story first before seeing the end ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
          I would say wait , thee is alot of good things in season 9 that they use in season 10 aswell , so I would wait tell you get season 9 first .... Myself i would want to know the whole story first before seeing the end ...
          I agree
          sigpic

Comment

I've only watched some kind of stand alone ones like Ripple Effect. Guess I better wait! Thanks.

Comment

I've only watched some kind of stand alone ones like Ripple Effect. Guess I better wait! Thanks.
              Oh definatly. If you have only watched a few standalones then you better wait as you will be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I think you should watch all of Season 9 first.
                I totally agree with this. By watching all of Season 9 first, you'll have a better understanding of what's really going on in Season 10. That's just my opinion though.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Like everyone else said, save Season 10 for after Season 9.

Comment

I'm thinking the worst thing that could happen is that on one gets me season 9 dvd giftset for Christmas then Canada ends up getting the second half of season 10 episodes before the USA and that would drive me nuts that I can't watch them yet! Though Valentine's Day is the next holiday! yes, my hubby got me Season 1 for Valentine's day 2 years ago.

Comment

9-01 Avalon, Part 1
                      9-02 Avalon, Part 2
                      9-03 Origin

These three episodes introduce us to Mitchell and Landry, reintroduce us to Vala, explain why Carter's gone (till Episode 6), and introduce the new villains: the Ori!

9-04 The Ties That Bind
                      9-05 The Powers That Be

Two, great stand-alone episodes.

9-06 Beachhead
                      Carter's back, Vala's out! This is also an event episode concerning the Ori.

9-07 Ex Deus Machina
                      9-08 Babylon
                      9-09 Prototype

Three more stand-alone episodes, though the first of the bunch features Ba'al who is the only Goa'uld System Lord left. He's a major threat, but he's secondary to the Ori.

9-10 The Fourth Horseman, Part 1
                      9-11 The Fourth Horseman, Part 2
                      9-12 Collateral Damage
                      9-13 Ripple Effect
                      9-14 Stronghold
                      9-15 Ethon
                      9-16 Off the Grid
                      9-17 The Scourge

Aside from the two-parter, these episodes are mostly episodic, though "The Fourth Horseman" and "Ethon" deal with the Ori and "Stronghold" and "Off the Grid" deal with Ba'al.

9-18 Author’s Mantle
                      9-19 Crusade
                      9-20 Camelot

These three episodes build up to the Ori invasion of the Milky Way galaxy.

10-01 Flesh and Blood
                      This episode resolves the Season 9 finale.

10-02 Morpheus
                      Stand-alone episode, I didn't care for this one.

10-03 The Pegasus Project
                      You'll love this one!

10-04 Insiders
                      If you think Ba'al is bad, this one will make your head spin!

10-05 Uninvited
                      Reminded me of The X Files.

10-06 200
                      Total fluff, but enjoyable for most. There's no real story here, but the episode celebrates 200 episodes of SG-1 with a series of imaginary clips. I liked the puppet scene!

10-07 Counterstrike
                      Major Ori episode. If you like Jonas Quinn, play close attention to the dialogue at the end of the episode.

10-08 Memento Mori
                      10-09 Company of Thieves

Two stand-alone episodes. The first is so Earth-bound, you forget you're watching SG-1. The second makes up for this by giving us an intense deep-space adventure episode.

10-10 The Quest, Part 1
                      Mid-season finale.

There are only ten episodes left of SG-1, but the series will be followed up by two direct-to-video movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        9-01 Avalon, Part 1
                        9-02 Avalon, Part 2
                        9-03 Origin

These three episodes introduce us to Mitchell and Landry, reintroduce us to Vala, explain why Carter's gone (till Episode 6), and introduce the new villains: the Ori!

9-04 The Ties That Bind
                        9-05 The Powers That Be

Two, great stand-alone episodes.

9-06 Beachhead
                        Carter's back, Vala's out! This is also an event episode concerning the Ori.

9-07 Ex Deus Machina
                        9-08 Babylon
                        9-09 Prototype

Three more stand-alone episodes, though the first of the bunch features Ba'al who is the only Goa'uld System Lord left. He's a major threat, but he's secondary to the Ori.

9-10 The Fourth Horseman, Part 1
                        9-11 The Fourth Horseman, Part 2
                        9-12 Collateral Damage
                        9-13 Ripple Effect
                        9-14 Stronghold
                        9-15 Ethon
                        9-16 Off the Grid
                        9-17 The Scourge

Aside from the two-parter, these episodes are mostly episodic, though "The Fourth Horseman" and "Ethon" deal with the Ori and "Stronghold" and "Off the Grid" deal with Ba'al.

9-18 Author’s Mantle
                        9-19 Crusade
                        9-20 Camelot

These three episodes build up to the Ori invasion of the Milky Way galaxy.

10-01 Flesh and Blood
                        This episode resolves the Season 9 finale.

10-02 Morpheus
                        Stand-alone episode, I didn't care for this one.

10-03 The Pegasus Project
                        You'll love this one!

10-04 Insiders
                        If you think Ba'al is bad, this one will make your head spin!

10-05 Uninvited
                        Reminded me of The X Files.

10-06 200
                        Total fluff, but enjoyable for most. There's no real story here, but the episode celebrates 200 episodes of SG-1 with a series of imaginary clips. I liked the puppet scene!

10-07 Counterstrike
                        Major Ori episode. If you like Jonas Quinn, play close attention to the dialogue at the end of the episode.

10-08 Memento Mori
                        10-09 Company of Thieves

Two stand-alone episodes. The first is so Earth-bound, you forget you're watching SG-1. The second makes up for this by giving us an intense deep-space adventure episode.

10-10 The Quest, Part 1
                        Mid-season finale.

There are only ten episodes left of SG-1, but the series will be followed up by two direct-to-video movies.
                        All of theese are great episodes but definatly need to be watched in sequeence to fully enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          [B]

Whew what a list! know I've seen episodes 13, 14 and 17 from season 9. Pretty sad! I had read about the follow up movies. I'm glad they are doing this. It would suck so much if a show that's been on for 10 years doesn't get all it's loose ends tied up!!!

Comment

Ummm... that entire post of chockfull of spoilers.

Don't watch season 10 unless you've seen all of season 9, especially the last 3 episodes.

Comment

Whew what a list!
                              Indeed it is!

know I've seen episodes 13, 14 and 17 from season 9.
                              Those are good episodes.

Pretty sad!
                              Not at all!

I had read about the follow up movies. I'm glad they are doing this. It would suck so much if a show that's been on for 10 years doesn't get all it's loose ends tied up!!!
                              The movies won't tie up all of the loose ends, but I suspect it will tie up the major plots like the Ori and Ba'al for example. Plus we get time travel in the second movie! It may play a small role or be the central plot. Who knows!

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              Ummm... that entire post of chockfull of spoilers.
                              Depends on how you define spoiler. I did not give away the central plot nor ending of any individual episode. I merely pointed out which episodes introduce and feature such'n such characters, which episodes involve certain plots and so forth. That's the kind of information you'd just as easilly find on GateWorld's front page.

Comment

Working...
                              X