This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi versus Sci Fi

this is gonna sound like a really Sad thing to say, but because I'm a sad little Sci Fi Geek so I have no shame in saying this

Would do you think would win in the following situations:

Emperor Palpatine(Star Wars) or a Prior(Stargate)

Species 8472(Star Trek) or the Ori(Stargate)

the Replicators(Stargate) or the The Empire(Star Wars)

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Originally posted by Stargatenutcase View Post

Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post

I'd also have to go with these judgements.

I think battle #1 would be pretty close, but I think Palpatine would win somehow.

In battle #2, 8472 would annihilate the Ori utterly, they are just so vastly superior, it's almost stupid. The Ori armies are buff and all, but 8472 is terrifying and nearly invincible.

In #3, The Replicators would have the Empire for lunch, literally.

Comment

this is gonna sound like a really Sad thing to say, but because I'm a sad little Sci Fi Geek so I have no shame in saying this

Palpatine would own the Prior.

Not enterily sure about this but I guess I would to with the Ori, after all if Dullager was able to handle species 8472 then I have no doubt that the Ori could also. Add to this that I doubt the ancients would give a crap if the Ori themselves were to actively take part in the fight and you have a rout.

The replicators would eat up the Empire, but then again if the empire recruited some primitives with sticks and rocks it could go either way

Comment

1) I think the Prior could whip up a plague and infect Palpatine... Maybe those Force-Lightning bolts could be blocked just like the Jaffa staff weapons blasts were blocked (Beachhead).

2) Ori hands down.

3) All those Star Destroyers, and Corusant itself would make a buffet for the Replicators.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
            1) I think the Prior could whip up a plague and infect Palpatine... Maybe those Force-Lightning bolts could be blocked just like the Jaffa staff weapons blasts were blocked (Beachhead).
            Sith Masters of old could cure themselves from poisons, and Palpatine is pretty powerful, so i think he could handle the plague. Plus id take the force > the Ori technology available to a Prior.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I think Species 8472 would PWN the Ori with their "planet killer" weapon.

Prior vs. Palpatine - Debatable, because, again, the Priors have "Force-like"
              powers. And I'm not sure how Palpatine would survive the plague. So I'd
              go with the Prior.

Replicators vs. Empire - Replicators. The Stormtroopers would have Replicators crawling all over themselves in a heartbeat.
              sigpic

Comment

Palpatine - Use the dark side of the force...
                Ori - I can't see how they could lose?
                Replicatiors - Consume technology, replicate, most weapons used by the Empire would be ineffective.

Comment

Emperor Palpatine
                  the Ori
                  the Replicators- thats just wrong its not even a fair fight the empire doesent have a chane to win

Comment

Palpatine, but Adria could take on anybody except that super-powerful one who could control midichlorians.

Don't know enough Star Trek to comment on #2.

The Replicators, definitely. Blasters will have no effect. And the Empire is ridiculously stupid tactically.
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

Firstly, I'd go with the Prior over Palpatine. But just barely.

I think the Ori would win out in the end against Species 8472.

As for the Replicators vs. The Empire, Replicators all the way.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OK because no one seemed to have that much of a problem with those, here are some more from a sad sad Sci Fi Geek

The Borg (Star Trek) versus the Asgard (Stargate)- It'd have to be the Borg. During the course of the first battle, the Borg would adapt to the Asgard Ion Cannones and find a way to get around their shields, and then the little Asgards are the newest members of the Borg Collective.

the Goa'uld (Stargate) versus the Federation (Star Trek)- The Federation has already beaten back an attempted takeover by a parasitical race (conspiracy) so I'm sure they'd have set up measures to prevent this from happening again.

The Federation (Star Trek) versus the Empire (Star Wars)- The Empire would totally destroy the Federation in sheer firepower. while Star Destroyers would be destroyed easily by the Sovereign class Starships, I have doubts as to their effectivness against a Super Star Destroyer, and against the Death Star- forget it

the Replicators (stargate) versus Species 8472(Stargate)- this one in my opinion would be a stalemate, because the Replicators couldn't consume Species 8472's technologies because they're all biological in nature, and Species 8472's energy weapons wouldn't have any effect on the Replicators.

A stranger is just someone you haven't annoyed yet

Comment

Palpatine rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4

"Come Away O Human Child, To the Waters and the Wild, With a Fairy hand in hand, For the World's more full of Weeping than you can Understand"

Comment

The Borg (Star Trek) versus the Asgard (Stargate)

the Goa'uld (Stargate) versus the Federation (Star Trek)

The Federation (Star Trek) versus the Empire (Star Wars)

the Replicators (stargate) versus Species 8472(Stargate)
                            Ok. Here's my picks:

The Borg (Star Trek) versus the Asgard (Stargate)

the Goa'uld (Stargate) versus the Federation (Star Trek)

The Federation (Star Trek) versus the Empire (Star Wars)

the Replicators (stargate) versus Species 8472(Stargate) -Draw
                            Spoiler:
                            (Assuming you mean the SG1 brand, not the Atlantis... )

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Asurans vs. 8472, then?

Would the outcome be any different?

"Come Away O Human Child, To the Waters and the Wild, With a Fairy hand in hand, For the World's more full of Weeping than you can Understand"

Comment

Working...
                              X