Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we just lose our friend ____ to the Ori?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we just lose our friend ____ to the Ori?

At the end of "Counterstrike," Carter mentions than Langarra (Jonas's planet) had been conquered by the Ori war machine, or something like that. Are we to assume that the Langarrans were converted to Ori worshippers or that the world was whiped out?

I didn't have an issue with Corin Nemec "Jonas Quinn" being written out when Michael Shanks opted to return. With RDA's less screen time, we really needed to have DJ back. Jonas got an excellent send off in "Homecoming," and got to return later in the year for "Fallout." After that, there was no need to bring Jonas back. His story was done. However, once the show introduced the Ori, I figured that would lead to one or two episodes with the return of Jonas, because you know an annoying Ori Prior would eventually come through the Langarran Stargate.

Do you think that the producers and writers wrote that line of dialogue to suggest that Jonas is dead so they wouldn't have to deal with fans demanding the return of Jonas?

I hope Jonas isn't dead. I'd love to see him in the movies. I miss him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I doubt we'll see him in the movies unless it's a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
        Me too! I liked Jonas, and I hope we could see him in one of the movies, but it will not happen I guess. But it would be a nice suprise if he did.

Comment

Dead as a doorknob

Didnt have a thing against him, but Id rather not see him return - just like Jack.

They, as well as several other characters are in the past and we now have a new, evolved story line thats fixed around the new SG1 team. Yes cameo/appearance. But nothing more pleaze.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

i doubt we will see him, but it was likely meant as part 'stop harrassing us about jonas' and the other part likely just pulling familiar planetary names out of thier hats to stick in the show
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah the writers mis a good oppertunity they should of had a entire episode base around the ori attacking Langarran and but of topic but they should of also shown the hyberians being attack it would of made a good episode shown two of our allies full. I reckon the hyberians would of given the ori a good fight and perhaps took a vessel or two and they could of had the Langarran taking out a vessel that have landed with a hug naquadria bomb.

But I really filled the writer/ producers missed a opertunity showing the ori are not going to have it all their way. But guest they wot now.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                Yeah,I miss him too
                sigpic

Comment

I don't see Jonas sitting back and accepting the Ori, so I bet he is dead, or has created an underground movement, to fight against the Ori.

Comment

I think with the lack of RDA on the screen, that was a good reason to keep Jonas Quinn around. He interacted very well with Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c. It would have been interesting to see if his relationship with Sam and Teal'c change because of Daniel's return. They could have even dragged out Daniel getting his memory back a little longer, hence creating a need for Jonas to be there to guild him along the way. Meanwhile they could have phased him into another role. Perhaps have him slowly take over the science role, as they phased Sam into the team leader role.

But hey they have five characters now on SG1, why not back then? And again, the budget fecal matter, is a very very poor excuse as to have him written off in such a hasty manner. For goodness sake, the man lived on the base for over a year, earned the respect of SG1 and those he worked with, and it is like TPTB want him to have never existed.

If some (not all) Daniel Jackson fans can qualify to be taken away in a twinky mobile, for their actions when it dealt with Jonas, and the actor who played him. Then I think that everyone else should throw an equivilant bratty hissy fit as well. It would only be fair.

So, good, for TPTB, you mention Langara, DO SOMETHING WITH IT!!!! EARN BACK MY RESPECT! BECAUSE IT WENT DOWN THE ORI TOILET BOWL SHIP A LONG TIME AGO!

Maybe then I'll start watching the show again...
                    Last edited by Amanda Eros; 01 November 2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if Jonas is dead or not, but I am fairly certain that was the last we'll hear regarding him. TPTB were just throwing us a small bone.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I'm not sure if Jonas is dead or not, but I am fairly certain that was the last we'll hear regarding him. TPTB were just throwing us a small bone.
                        Yup. All I know is that they had issues wehen MS returned. I wonder what exactly they are?
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If that's so, why did Corin Nemec return as Jonas Quinn in 7-14 "Fallout?"

Comment

I hope to god he`s dead because Jonas did my head in!

Rest in Pieces Jonas!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              If that's so, why did Corin Nemec return as Jonas Quinn in 7-14 "Fallout?"
                              AS part of ending his contract early the producers let him appear in his own episode
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X