Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pegasus Project have been the 200th episode ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Pegasus Project have been the 200th episode ??

IMO yes it was probably the best episode of the season and also the highest rated. plus it would have promoted both shows at once
    anyone else feel the same way

Sorry, but no.

Pegasus Project was freaking awesome, yes, but the 200th had to be reaaaaly special. PP was, at the end, about fighting the enemy, which is pretty much the same with every episode.

No no, what they did with the 200th episode was perfect IMHO.

Comment

The 200th episode was little more than fanwank. I stopped reading the transcript halfway through, out of disgust.

Comment

You can't judge an ep based on the transcript.

It's like comparing reading a book with watching a movie...actually it's exactly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

It's like comparing reading a book with watching a movie...actually it's exactly like that.
          Bingo and I agree it was done perfectly.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Well, in most cases, book > movie, whereas I would say Episode > Transcript, which is the opposite. Not that t really matter either way.

On topic though, I agree that PP was fantastic but not 200-worthy. I found 200 to be great, but not the ultimate episode. I'm far too tired of the writers forgetting Jack did more than make jokes. The main problem is that PP was still inside the scope of the show, but 200 needed to go outside the box, as 100 did.

Comment

Truth be told, I usually find that I know the nuances of characters well enough to enjoy the transcript as much as I might enjoy the episode, and then I have even more fun watching the episode later on. Episodes like 200, though, are very different. I've read the transcript for 200 and I have watched it, and reading it simply is not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                Well, in most cases, book > movie, whereas I would say Episode > Transcript, which is the opposite. Not that t really matter either way.

On topic though, I agree that PP was fantastic but not 200-worthy. I found 200 to be great, but not the ultimate episode. I'm far too tired of the writers forgetting Jack did more than make jokes. The main problem is that PP was still inside the scope of the show, but 200 needed to go outside the box, as 100 did.
                I have to agree that that books > movie and the opposite with transcripts. I love the 200 episode, but I don't think it was ever meant to be the ultimate episode, just a goofy-let's-kick-off-our-shoes kind of thing.

Going on with the first post, PP shouldn't have been the 200 episode, because of several reasons. One, the episode is celebrating their milestone and it shouldn't have anything but SG-1 in it. Having a crossover episode (unless most of the cast was originally on the show, which they aren't) would take away from their celebration, at least IMHO. Another reason, 100 was goofy, so it would see logical to have 200 just as goofy. I liked how it jumps away from the Ori and the story line going on.

Comment

"200" should have been a comedy, but it was a clip show, and I really don't care for clip shows, even if the clips are new. I was fine with Martin returning and O'Neill guest starring, but couldn't they have done it as an adventure comedy instead of a silly clip show?

I understand the clips were ment to be hillarious, but the only one I liked was the puppet clip.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    "200" should have been a comedy, but it was a clip show, and I really don't care for clip shows, even if the clips are new. I was fine with Martin returning and O'Neill guest starring, but couldn't they have done it as an adventure comedy instead of a silly clip show?

I understand the clips were ment to be hillarious, but the only one I liked was the puppet clip.
                    ... isn't the definition of a clip show that they're old clips? 200 was new. And yeah, I'm very happy with uit. PP was awesome (and by far my favourite episode for the first 10 episodes) - but 200 needs to be differnet
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                      Going on with the first post, PP shouldn't have been the 200 episode, because of several reasons. One, the episode is celebrating their milestone and it shouldn't have anything but SG-1 in it. Having a crossover episode (unless most of the cast was originally on the show, which they aren't) would take away from their celebration, at least IMHO. Another reason, 100 was goofy, so it would see logical to have 200 just as goofy. I liked how it jumps away from the Ori and the story line going on.
                      I agree, it was SG-1's 200, not anything to do with Atlantis and was to celebrate SG-1's great reign, like Sasusc says it would taken away some of the SG-1 glory. I personally liked 200, it was funny, had lots of action and different, three things that make a good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        ... isn't the definition of a clip show that they're old clips? 200 was new.
                        Old, new, it's still a clip show.

And yeah, I'm very happy with uit. PP was awesome (and by far my favourite episode for the first 10 episodes) - but 200 needs to be differnet
                        I'm not saying "200" was bad, just that I didn't enjoy it as "Wormhome X-Treme!" "The Pegasus Project" has been one of the best episodes so far this year.

Comment

I think PP was a far better episode than 200 could ever hope to be, but i never liked the stupid spoof episodes, PP meant so much more, it was daniel finally going to atlantis and it was like the end of the journey thats lasted 4years (from the time he Ascended to learning about atlantis to the AE going without him, PU..) It was just so much for of an event.
                          yes PP should have been the 200th. However i do agree that it was celebrating atlantis too which when its SG1 birthday was a bit unfair; PP could have been atlantis's 50th episode, and a crossover. Either was PP was a fantastic episode.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

I LOVE the 200th episode - it was an absolutely brilliant episode! I sometimes think that they should've done a double 200 type thing - the proper 200th episode and then an epic episode which fitted into season 10 but I wouldn't change the 200th episode for the world.
                            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Look at PP as the 201 episode! Like it starts a new era or something... Where the 200 is probably the best episode for the 200th episode since it's more like a goofy celebration than anything else and I enyojed it as a nice relaxing humorous episode

Comment

Working...
                              X