Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver Province: Stuntman/Halloween article (mentions SG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver Province: Stuntman/Halloween article (mentions SG)

http://www.canada.com/cityguides/van...d53d93&k=47169

excerpt:

Vancouver Province

Halloween Haunt

Where: Bridge Film Studios, 2400 Boundary Rd., Burnaby

When: Oct. 27-31

Tickets: Sold out. Check filmhaunt.com to see if additional shows have been
    added

There are only a few words of caution before you head into Bridge Studios’
    Halloween Haunt.

First, arrive early because if you miss your time slot, you miss out. Groups
    are scheduled to begin the 40-minute scarefest every 10 minutes.

Second, don’t try to sneak in your four-year-old because this tour is PG8

------------

Prochaska had been thinking of the idea for a few years when Stargate had its
    usual hiatus and thought the film studio would be an ideal location because,
    frankly, they create scary stuff and not-so-scary stuff every day. The idea of
    launching the event and raising money for charity — with the added bonus of
    industry workers scaring the crap out of people — was a natural.

“Our objective was to do something good for the community,” says Prochaska. “
    This industry can be disruptive to the community and it’s our way of saying
    that we appreciate their understanding and support.”

click on link for full article

I would love to go to that
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for mentioning that article. It was helpful with the tip about getting there in good time. I would be none too happy if I missed my time slot.

As for sneaking in 4 year olds, maybe I should leave my husband at home, childish thing that he is at times!!!! Replihawk could have his ticket then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Thanks for mentioning that article. It was helpful with the tip about getting there in good time. I would be none too happy if I missed my time slot.

As for sneaking in 4 year olds, maybe I should leave my husband at home, childish thing that he is at times!!!! Replihawk could have his ticket then!!!
        Let us know how it goes. It's a bit too far (like the wrong end of the country) for me to attend.

Comment

It was amazing. I was a volunteer at the end gates, which was fun. For the last half hour of my shift, one of the people helping out managing it took me to one of the groups, and I went through it. Awesome.

Also, the person who I was working with is one of the Dispatchers, and she told me she'll try to get me an autographed SG (Probably Atlantis, maybe both.) poster when filming restarts.

Comment

The tour was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. To start with I got to sign in at the studio main gate like O'Neill did in Wormhole X-Treme!!!

Sat in a puddle jumper they had in the area where you registered to get on your tour. It was really interesting to see how solid the thing was, you could believe the thing was real and if I only had the Ancient gene I could have flown home in it!

Then there was the walk into Atlantis itself! That was incredible, the gate itself was a spectacular thing to see. Even my husband was impressed by that and he's in no way a Stargate fan! We were surprised as to how big it was.

I had a look at Rising pt 1 when I got home to see the set on film as the Atlantis team walked through the gate and saw it for the first time. I could now imagine how they felt!!! I love the stained glass windows and the lit up ancient writing embedded in the steps that they have in Atlantis and to see them close up was fantastic.

Got a look at the medieval set used for Stargate SG1. I don't want to say much more as there is another day of tours tomorrow so don't want to make this a spoiler zone for the Halloween part since this is the real point of this event!!!!

I want to say a big thankyou to all those that made this an amazing adventure for all of us. The tour guides were great and the performers put on a thoroughly enjoyable show. I haven't had so much fun in ages!!

If they do another one next year I would say it's highly, absolutely and utterly recommended!!!! And of course it's all for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
            X