This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morpheus ep, sorry I'm from England

Just watching it now and Vala crams for her pyschological examination thingymajig, and is on Daniels computer doing a set of questions, there is a question 'you are in the desert and you see a tortoise on it's back but you do not help it, why?' Vala's answer is 'because you are also a tortoise', very novel answer indeed, and you are all wondering what my point is here no doubt, my point is this, Vala is from another world so how the hell does she even have the remotest idea of what a tortoise is?
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

I think that's why she gave that answer!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

But that's a brilliant answer, and you would have to know what a tortoise is to know to say that.
      "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
      Woman:What
      Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

She's spent plenty of time on Earth already. I'm sure someone would have explained it to her.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          She's spent plenty of time on Earth already. I'm sure someone would have explained it to her.
          Either that, or she had done some reading of her own to pass the time while stuck on the base.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Shes capable of using the internet. I bet she ended up on Wiki and went crazy.
            sigpic

Comment

if you didn't know what a tortoise was, you could think it was anything...she could think it was...a word for soldier or enemy or anything.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                Shes capable of using the internet. I bet she ended up on Wiki and went crazy.
                LMAO!!! Indeed!
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Or she coulda just googled it.

Comment

Who says she can't know what a tortoise is? She's been here for quite a while, I bet she reads stuff on the Internet and books when she's stuck on base and there's no members of the Limited Gene Pool to oogle.

Or whatever planets she's been to actually had tortoises. I mean, the Goa'uld aren't complete morons. They're not going to transplant humans on planets without edible animals, so they probably transplanted some animals with them.

Now the question is rather: What the HELL would a tortoise be doing on the Internet?!
                    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 27 October 2006, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Or maybe she knew coz the directors told her, hahahahahahahaha I will kill you!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Tortoises are edible? I don't wanna know what resturants you eat at!lol
                        sigpic

Comment

she is watching movies, and she is studing. they have made that a fact.
                          she was a host to a goauld for some time. knowledge is something that they seamed to have much of. so it would assume that she is learning very quikcly. she has been on earth for a bit, so i have no doubt that she is reading a lot to learn about earth, weather to better fit in to society, or find its "hidden treasures"
                          Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                          (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

In my last post, what I meant to ask was:
                            What the HELL would a tortoise be doing in the desert?!

Comment

Well it is only logical that if something cannot move in a certain position, you would say you would not help because you are the same thing

Comment

Working...
                              X