Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: Where will they be in five years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation: Where will they be in five years?

Where do you think various characters of SG-1 and SGA would be in five years and why? Below are my ideas. You're wlecome to fill in the blanks on characters I didn't do, or disagree and offer your own versions (Note: Any shipping speculation done by me is to tie loose ends for characters. No debates on ships, please! But feel free to offer your own alternatives.)

Carter: Now head of the SGC. The high turnover in the leadership continues and they decide to promote from with in the ranks again. I think she would be a good, if unexpected, choice (O'Neill would probably have pulled some strings to sde she received the job). Below Landry, she is probably the most senior officer at the SGC, has been there the longest, has her fingers in nearly every pot, and unlike O'Neill, she is comfortable behind a desk, or at least a workbench.

Daniel: Two words: Dream job. Being head of the Atlantis expedition is something he always secretly wanted. And he is a natural choice. Who knows the Ancients better? But other than that singular advantage, he possesses all the qualifications as a diplomat and research scientist, while also having more combat experience than many military personnel.

Weir: Now representing the Americans at the IOA. It's her bread and butter and her time spent heading the Atlantis expedition gives her experience unique among the agency's beuraucrats.

McKay: He is now the civilian head of research at the SGC, taking some of Carter's old responsiblities. His understanding of the technologies involved in the Stargate program is rivaled only by Carter (though he would be loathed to admit it) and he has plenty of experience in heading a lab.

McKay's sister: Research scientist with the SGC, though she makes frequent trips to Atlantis.

Zelenka: Now head of research on Atlantis. He was the number two guy and more than capable of filling McKay's shoes.

Shepard: Still the senior military officer on Atlantis, though as a full colonel he now has two ships and their captains under his direct command.

Mitchell: Always one for wanting to be in the field, he now oversees the training of new SG teams as a full colonel and frequently goes on missions.

Teal'c: In the wake of Bra'tac's death, he ascended to head of the Pogressive faction on the Jaffa High Council. Besides leading a fight for political reform, he has also overseen dramatic innovations in the military doctrine of Jaffa military forces, a substantial portion of which was gleaned from his time with SG-1.

Vala: She is now Daniel's wife and a happy (though not traditional) stay-at-home mom. With her background as a thief and con-artist and extensive contacts, she now serves as an intelligence analyst at the Department of Homeworld Security, working mostly from home, though making frequent trips to the SGC and Atlantis, as she still doesn't like to stay in one spot.

Nah, Sci-Fi will have signed them all up for BSG by then.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by david3565 View Post
      Where do you think various characters of SG-1 and SGA would be in five years and why? Below are my ideas. You're wlecome to fill in the blanks on characters I didn't do, or disagree and offer your own versions (Note: Any shipping speculation done by me is to tie loose ends for characters. No debates on ships, please! But feel free to offer your own alternatives.)

Carter: Now head of the SGC. The high turnover in the leadership continues and they decide to promote from with in the ranks again. I think she would be a good, if unexpected, choice (O'Neill would probably have pulled some strings to sde she received the job). Below Landry, she is probably the most senior officer at the SGC, has been there the longest, has her fingers in nearly every pot, and unlike O'Neill, she is comfortable behind a desk, or at least a workbench.

Daniel: Two words: Dream job. Being head of the Atlantis expedition is something he always secretly wanted. And he is a natural choice. Who knows the Ancients better? But other than that singular advantage, he possesses all the qualifications as a diplomat and research scientist, while also having more combat experience than many military personnel.

Weir: Now representing the Americans at the IOA. It's her bread and butter and her time spent heading the Atlantis expedition gives her experience unique among the agency's beuraucrats.

McKay: He is now the civilian head of research at the SGC, taking some of Carter's old responsiblities. His understanding of the technologies involved in the Stargate program is rivaled only by Carter (though he would be loathed to admit it) and he has plenty of experience in heading a lab.

McKay's sister: Research scientist with the SGC, though she makes frequent trips to Atlantis.

Zelenka: Now head of research on Atlantis. He was the number two guy and more than capable of filling McKay's shoes.

Shepard: Still the senior military officer on Atlantis, though as a full colonel he now has two ships and their captains under his direct command.

Mitchell: Always one for wanting to be in the field, he now oversees the training of new SG teams as a full colonel and frequently goes on missions.

Teal'c: In the wake of Bra'tac's death, he ascended to head of the Pogressive faction on the Jaffa High Council. Besides leading a fight for political reform, he has also overseen dramatic innovations in the military doctrine of Jaffa military forces, a substantial portion of which was gleaned from his time with SG-1.

Vala: She is now Daniel's wife and a happy (though not traditional) stay-at-home mom. With her background as a thief and con-artist and extensive contacts, she now serves as an intelligence analyst at the Department of Homeworld Security, working mostly from home, though making frequent trips to the SGC and Atlantis, as she still doesn't like to stay in one spot.
      You forgot
      Jack: At home playing Mr. Carter

Comment

I must disagree with you on some of the Atlantis personnel. I don't think any of them will be taking jobs back on Earth without being forced to. Atlantis is home to them now. Consequently, I don't think Daniel will be in Atlantis, much as he may wish to. I also don't think he would have a wife on a different planet, but then I don't think he'd marry Vala at all anyway. Sam and Teal'C I could agree with you on, the prospective futures you gave them seem reasonable enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
          I must disagree with you on some of the Atlantis personnel.
          That's cool. That is what the thread is here for.
          I don't think any of them will be taking jobs back on Earth without being forced to. Atlantis is home to them now.
          Ah, but that is the point. They are going to be called back because their experience is needed elsewhere. Remember, they ultimately work for military, though with civilian oversight. The one person who might willingly choose to leave is Weir and that would only be because she felt she had to and was being asked. If politics in the IOA threatened to hamstring or cripple the Stargate program (with the Russians trying to hussle everyone and the Chinese making posturings, along with the politics of all the other member nations), then Weir might feel obligated to do her duty and be a voice of reason. If she were to choose the job, her voice were carry a lot wieght, transcending political concerns. And she would also be the one to see the logic in that argument if it were being made to her.

Consequently, I don't think Daniel will be in Atlantis, much as he may wish to. I also don't think he would have a wife on a different planet, but then I don't think he'd marry Vala at all anyway. Sam and Teal'C I could agree with you on, the prospective futures you gave them seem reasonable enough.
          Yeah, but how many people have ended up married that you didn't expect? I also had to put in a curveball, anyway. Some things are going to happen that come completely out of left field. Though maybe Teal'c, in his calm percpetiveness, might have seen it coming. There is enough chemistry to make you wonder.

Comment

My turn:

Sam: Head of the SGC, of course. She'll want to stay on earth after she and Jack become parents.

Jack: Still Head of Homeworld Security, but now living in Colorado with Sam and little Grace.

Daniel: The ambassador to the Ancients, who will have decided that humans are not as much of a lesser life form as they thought once we destroy the Ori.

Teal'c: Head of the Jaffa nation.

Vala: Why not? She will be married to Daniel (as long as Jack and Sam are together), and she will teach their children how to make a profit on E Bay with the treasures found during her time on SG1.

Cameron: He'll still be in charge of SG1, and Hailey will be his scientist while Cassandra will be his archeologist. (Ry'ac will be the resident jaffa.)

Elizabeth: Still in charge of the Atlantis expedition, but she has now changed her name to Sheppard.

John: A highly decorated colonel and head military man in Atlantis.

Rodney: In charge of the Replicator city after they are defeated.

Jeannie: Head of the R & D at Area 51.

Ronan: Assuming a quiet life as a farmer once the Wraith are defeated, and assisting John in Atlantis when needed.

Teyla: Leading her people in their farm community on the mainland, with her husband Ronan by her side.

Carson: CMO in Rodney's new city. Wouldn't want them to far apart to bicker, now would we?

Zelenka: In McKay's old job in Atlantis.

Ford: Alive and well and back home with the family who miss him.

Comment

Working...
            X