This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the ancients help the Asgard?

Well would they? The Asgard are technically still allied to the Ancients and vice-versa. If the Asgard were attacked (and obliterated, they would never worship anyone but O'Neil) would the Ancients just watch as their allies die?

Personally, I think the Ancients wouldn't do squat, but those already keen on interfering for this one time, would get more supporters. I mean, this is the Asgard we're talking about, they're like the galactic consience.

erm the Asgard were nearly wiped out by the replicators and the ancients did nothing, so there's your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      erm the Asgard were nearly wiped out by the replicators and the ancients did nothing, so there's your answer.
      well if u think about it Oneill had the ancient information downloaded into his brain maybe they didnt need todo anything they can see everything whats goin to happen in the future thats why merlin made the weapon maybe if asguard was gonna get slaughted by a enemy IE Ori, they might help because of the Alliance between the 4 Great Races they still might have a bound which they must help the need, im jsut wondering not all Ascended people in our galaxy are Ancient so dont you think that the ancient do wanna help but they cant because of these other Ascended been's maybe there was 1 or 2 rouge acsended been's what were around like Oma n Orlin but there must be more. maybe these other ascended human's added more of these rules because they thought they are better then everyone else

Comment

Also, a benefactor is that the Abydonians are all ascended, now I doubt they would just watch the Tauri / Asgard getting wtfpwned and do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
          Also, a benefactor is that the Abydonians are all ascended, now I doubt they would just watch the Tauri / Asgard getting wtfpwned and do nothing.
          yer the Abydonains or wat ever there called see the tauri as there saviours

Comment

Oh for crying out loud!

The Ancients are all either dead or Ascended! They have rules! They don't interfere with the business of the lower planes! If they're not going to interfere when Anubis is about to destroy all life in the galaxy, they're not going to come running because the Asgard are being wiped out!

They are Ascended. They have rules. Heck, they refuse to break them even with the Ori at their doorstep preparing to wipe them all out.

Comment

ah u got 1 thing wroung there. The Ori are scared of the Ancients because of somthing dont u think they would of destroyed the ancient's already yes the ancients have rules but "In a War there are no Rules!"

Comment

There is one rule in war, dont piss off who evers ahead of you on chain of command....

ANYWAY
                Firstly, it would depends on if you mean Ascended or
                Spoiler:
                Lantains who turned up in "The Return"

The ascended wouldnt, as we've already seen - so if you were asking the question in relevance to them, then this is silly.

However,

Spoiler:
                if you mean the Lantains from "The Return" - I still doubt it, not because they might not wish too - but simply because of man power. The Lantians are in a worse shape than the Asgard and so, would mostly like ask for help or trade technology
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
                  ah u got 1 thing wroung there. The Ori are scared of the Ancients because of somthing dont u think they would of destroyed the ancient's already yes the ancients have rules but "In a War there are no Rules!"
                  I don't think the Ori are scared by the ancients in anyway, you have to remember there are other ascended beings besides the Ori and ancients who all abide by the same rules. The reason the ori haven't attacked the ancients is most likely because the only way we've seen an ascended being destroyed is by both parties fighting being cancelled out, do you think the Ori are willing to destroy themselves aswell as the ancients? I don't think so, they want power so they can destroy the ancients without having to destroy themselves in the process, that's why the haven't attack them yet, most likely.

Comment

I don't think the Ori are scared by the ancients in anyway, you have to remember there are other ascended beings besides the Ori and ancients who all abide by the same rules. The reason the ori haven't attacked the ancients is most likely because the only way we've seen an ascended being destroyed is by both parties fighting being cancelled out, do you think the Ori are willing to destroy themselves aswell as the ancients? I don't think so, they want power so they can destroy the ancients without having to destroy themselves in the process, that's why the haven't attack them yet, most likely.
                    Na, the Ori bow to the Ancients. That is why they wont come here themselves.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

The Ori don't think they're strong enough...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        Oh for crying out loud!

The Ancients are all either dead or Ascended! They have rules! They don't interfere with the business of the lower planes! If they're not going to interfere when Anubis is about to destroy all life in the galaxy, they're not going to come running because the Asgard are being wiped out!

They are Ascended. They have rules. Heck, they refuse to break them even with the Ori at their doorstep preparing to wipe them all out.
                        Thats true
                        sigpic

Comment

Ding, ding, ding.

Especially considering what we now know about Replicators, that sort of answers your question.

Comment

well if u think about it Oneill had the ancient information downloaded into his brain maybe they didnt need todo anything they can see everything whats goin to happen in the future thats why merlin made the weapon maybe
                            I dont think that the acended can see into the future. The future is ever changing. They might have some idea of what may occur, but not all the facts...
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

so how did Merlin no that the Ori was gonna be a big threat to make him disabay the rules and build the weapon when he came down as an Ancient (Human)

Comment

Working...
                              X