This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good enemy AFTER the Ori...

Who would be a good enemy after the Ori? Only one thing comes to mind- Aschen. This storyline was never continued, and read the bottom, the last line of the info page for 2001, to see what one of the producers said about continuing the Aschen storyline. It's old, I know, but imagine how cool it would be to finish up the Aschen storyline in a season or two. AND, I have a good way of bringing it together with the OTHER Aschen episodes. Just wait and SEEE. But, I wanna see your ideas for it, IF you have any. Any feedback is okay.

Jesus is Lord!

I've always loved the Aschen, i would love to see more of them.
    BUT i believe that the Ori are a much better enemy. it sucks that they're being cancelled. the rage i feel for this will never cease.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel_Lecter View Post
      it sucks that they're being cancelled. the rage i feel for this will never cease.
      Were getting DVD movies so why complain?

As for a new enemy: This time travel movie that Brad's writing will more than likely introduce some new enemy to the universe. And since Brad's always wanted to bring back the Aschen, I wouldn't be surprised if it were them.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The aliens in "Grace" looked pretty formidable.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

There are quite a few enemies that could be introduced...the Aschen, Foothold aliens, the Shipbuilders (aliens from Grace) or perhaps something entirely new even.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Ba'al, some left over Goa'uld, or the race they met in "2001/2010"

Comment

Infact if their was a third series of stargate, I would include all the above as enemies, obviously not the main bad guys but at lease people who do not get along with earth, it would add a lot varity to the show. Also this would allow them to finish story lines. Also I would bring back the re'tu and have more of their shot first ask question later attitude.

Comment

A race, perhaps (The Aryan Race) that wanted gentic purity and would kill all those thought to be less than pure. (base it on the terror that Hitler cuased)

Make them human looking with certain traits that humans have that they find appealing--like blonde hair and blue eyes, ect.... Have the race be far more stronger, very attractive, have no natural life span or a very long life span. Immune to most know diseases and make them very arrogant. Make them have a sick validity to thier thinking. Have them be very entertaining, even charming. Very slick public speakers.

They would see Carter as potential and people like Jack as impure. They would start a campaign of kidnapping and starting breeding programs to bring out a purer bloodline. Instead of taking people as host, they could be taking people as breeders. The "impure" could be taken as slaves and army. They would find the Jaffa and decide to exterminate them completely. Jaffa death camps, human breeding camps. A real terror!
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

They already had those guys... Eudorians or something right? Those guys were only living in one bunker and were pwned by O'Neill after he found out what they really were.

Comment

Arent the movies supposed to rap up the Ori story line? so unless they are planning to make more movies, I dont see anything past the Ori coming around for SG1.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                      Arent the movies supposed to rap up the Ori story line? so unless they are planning to make more movies, I dont see anything past the Ori coming around for SG1.
                      Its fun though - talking, theorising, considering what would of been next..

I'd of liked to see the Gadmeer reappear....now wanting to rebuild their GREAT empire...and going around getting their tech from abandoned worlds...think Shadows from Babylon5 - they went round retreiving their ships.
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Although I love the Achen (imagine an SG-1 or Sg Teams on the run from an Aschen-dominated galaxy? ^__^; ); I tend to agree that the Orii are a much more powerful enemy (although I wonder how the Aschen will far against the Orii when they invade the Aschen Confederation on their Holy Quest to convert the galaxy to Origin? ); & personally, IMHO, the story should 'end' with the Orii threat being nullified - short of like how the Goa'uuld got their over-dressed, pompeous snakey butts kicked at the end of Season 8 (they were deafeted, but they are anything if far from gone! They still meddle, annoy, plot & scheme; ableit on a lesser scale than what they are used to ) - ending on a high note & leaving the future open for any number of possibilities.

We still have the remnants of the Goa'uuld System Lords to deal with, the Free Jaffa Nation, the Tok'Ra, the Lucian Alliance, the Aschen, & now the Orii; to name but a few of those factions, races &/or cultures whom still cause Earth, the SGC & their allies trouble in any number of myraid differing ways, on varying scales, with varying degrees of success (not saying all these guys are necessarily 'good' or 'evil' per sae [& don't forget those in the 'grey' in-between areas! ]; just that inter-galactic politics , differing beliefs & ways of doing things always tends to get between people from different backgrounds at some point or another - e.g.: the failed Earth/Tok'Ra alliance, as a case in point? - which is what makes life so interesting & maintaining true peace & cordial relations between any two or more groups all that more difficult & 'annoying' at times! *lol*).

The galaxy - indeed the universe at large - is still full of a great many people whom would take advantage of others & cause trouble for our beloved team & Earth & her allies; & that is what the great thing about SG-1 is : the fact that there are still so many good stories left to tell (& yes, even to re-visit!)!!

Yes, the first of the two direct-to-DVD movies is supposed to be the climax of the Orii storyline - check that word : climax. It doesn't necessarily mean the end of the Orii, just as the overthrow of the System Lords did/does not mean the end of the Goa'uuld by any means (although it would be good ot SG-1, the SGC & Earth & her allies kick some major Orii ass in the first DVD movie! *hehe* ) - as for the whle 'time-travel' scenrio for the second direct-to-DVD movie; I am up for seeing how it goes (I personally loved '1969', '2010' & 'Mobieus, parts 1 & 2' *lol* ) - so long as they don't over-do it & so long as it enhances, rather than detracts, from the overall storyline of the STARGATE franchise & SG-1 as a whole; otherwise I will not be a happy little Gater. . .

All in all, the orii are evil ascended uber villans whom - at least IMHO - can't really be topped in terms of uber-badness (hello? EVIL & ASCENDED for crying out loud! ); although it would be interesting to see TPTB try.
                        Last edited by akren; 20 October 2006, 09:11 AM. Reason: adding to my post

Comment

I read the responses, and, to answer them, I know that there won't ACTUALLY BE another enemy. But, if the series were to continue on, and ther Ori defeated, then who would be a good enemy. And I say the Aschen. They won't be as powerful as the Ori, but that won't matter because the San Graal will only work on the Ori, so that's out of the equation, and the Tau'ri ships aren't THAT powerful, so the Aschen would still be MORE THAN a match for Earth, since we already know from 2010 that they can defeat the Goa'uld, so they're obviously more powerful than Earth.
                          And, the Aschen story was never finished. The producers had an idea to finish the story, in which the Aschen go to Earth in starships to repay Earth for what they did (figuring out that they were deceptive and not letting them basically destroy Earth). So, that would be cool to have the Aschen for like a season.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I'd like to see a new enemy like the Enoly from Stargate:Horizon. A race that is very advanced, similiar to the Asgard, who are evil (from our perspective) that we have not seen to date on SG-1. While the Aschen, Gadmeer, Foothold Aliens, Shipbuilder's from Grace, etc. are all good ideas I'd like to see some fresh blood.

Perhaps there's a race that the Alliance sparred with eons ago that returns to the Milky Way. This idea could continue to use the Stargate as a main storypiece, continue the expansion of ships in the shows, involve known and new races in our galaxy and introduce a manner to flashback to the Alliance to expand on that period. This would be of interest to many I am sure.

Another idea I like is for us to defeat the Ori but in the process also destroy/disable the ascended Ancients. Then we meet a race from the Ori galaxy that are advanced on par with the Asgard who have a relationship similiar to that between the Asgard and Ancients. Perhaps this new race followed the Ori and did their bidding, but now with the Ori gone they have knowledge of our existance and designs on controlling our galaxy for themselves.

These are just ideas folks...your thoughts are welcome.

Comment

A good enemy after the ori, would have to be some band of folks about as strong as the lucian alliance or maybe a little stronger. However, there should not be any god-like enemies we have to face, because that just requires Deus Ex Machina, which I am personally sick of TPTB using in multiple episodes. If the enemy is on the level of the lucian alliance, we may actually stand a chance and it might not seem so impossible for every task to be completed. They should also have nothing to do with any mythology. Okay, maybe a little mythology.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X