This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

On November 28, 2006 Warner Home Video will release Superman II: The Version You've Never Seen (aka The Richard Donner Cut) onto DVD.

Over 75% of this new version of the film (supervised by Superman The Movie Special Edition editor Michael Thau) will consist of footage filmed for Superman II by director Richard Donner in 1977. Including approximately forty-five minutes of footage that has never been seen by the public before.

Am I the only one awaiting this eagerly?

timdalton007

A cannibal made his own version of Superman II?!
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      A cannibal made his own version of Superman II?!

HUH?!?! What do you mean?

timdalton007

Comment

Wasn't Richard Donner the guy that eats babies?

Comment

Wasn't Richard Donner the guy that eats babies?
          Nope. At least not according to a quick seacrh I just did. "Richard Doonner" in this context refers to the film director: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Donner

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
            Nope. At least not according to a quick seacrh I just did. "Richard Doonner" in this context refers to the film director: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Donner
            You must have missed this part...

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this release. It should, without a doubt, be interesting.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, that was news to me. I didn't know Richard Donner had shot so much footage before he was fired. As it is, the theatrical release of Superman II is my favourite of all the series and the new cut will transform the movie completely. I'd like to think that this recut was purely a tribute to Christopher Reeve, but as my friend pointed out to me, it's always about the dollar$.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                  I'd like to think that this recut was purely a tribute to Christopher Reeve, but as my friend pointed out to me, it's always about the dollar$.
                  Sad, but very true. Hopefully the money wasn't the only motivation for this though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am soooooo looking forward to this! The first Superman was fantastic and I was so upset to find out that despite how good Superman II is, Donner didn't get to finish it and make it the (awesome) way that he wanted.

Comment

I saw the first 10 minutes of this at Comic Con this year and I look forward to the release
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Good news for those of you in the UK! You guys will get it November 20th, a full 8 days before those of us in the USA! NO!!!!!!

timdalton007

Comment

Hah hah, looks like someone vandalized his wikipedia article! At first when whoever said they thought he ate babies, they were thinking of the "Donner Party", a group of real-life people who survived a plane crash by eating their dead. At least I think that's how it went.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

We all have our hobbies, I guess.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Um, Donner is a director. Domner is a cannibal.

I can see where someone could get the two confused.

This thread on wikipedia is most informative regarding the Donner version of Superman II.
                              Last edited by Jarnin; 03 November 2006, 08:55 PM.
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X