X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warhammer 40,000

This is such a popular boardgame that I thought that
    it deserved its own thread. Who here has actually played the
    game, is a fan, or has actually put together some armies?

This is Gateworld's WARHAMMER 40,000 Thread.

There was a thread like this one a while back, but it died.
    sigpic

I've been a 40ker for over a decade now.

Comment

Dammit, iv been looking at this forum for several months now, but this thread forced me to sign up.

I love 40k, its always been there for me and is what I consider the "perfect" sci-fi mythology (for me personally). I love the idea of a bleak dark gothic sci-fi galaxy at war with itself that doesnt have "heros" or "good guys" like everything else seems to. While everything else like the new dr who dissapoints me sorely, 40k keeps everything I love about science fiction in one thing, and its inspired me to do my own sci-fi series, films, take up sculpturing and even create my own music genre based around the necrons.

I'm a rabid necron player and iv been building my "C'tan Worldkiller" army for a few years now, iv even gone as far as sculpturing my own models (like the C'tan and starspawn) So you could say im a tiny bit obsessed

- Chris
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I'm also a keen 40k player (along with Warhammer and LOTR). Started with the game, so probably is my favourite out of the three core.

40k Armies include my Black Templar Crusade (collected since the release of 3rd Edition 40k (when they were on the cover of the rulebook) and now stands two hundred points shy of 6000). I also have two Imperial Guard armies, one is a 2000pt Catachan, and the other is currently a work in progress that combines 40k with Stargate (include Colonel O'Neill ).

Comment

*points to my name*

Avid Chaos Player here with a fondness for tyranids

although I stopped buying the models dew to how expencive they are now and just play with what i have

I Have a 1500pt tyranid army made up mostly of 2nd edition models

and my Chaos army which I have no clue how many points its worth

I also play Dawn of War as Chaos(though I cant do my TT army as its heavily customized)

and dear lord this fluff is more depressing than BSG is :X

Comment

Oh and I love inquisitor and Epic Armageddon too. I used to play Epic Chaos alot back in second edition days...ah them be the days.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

I used to play Space Hulk

the oodles of Genestealers that game gave me was what prompted me to start a tyranid army XD

now most my 1500pt nid army is made up of the damn things XD XD

Comment

I didn't learn about Warhammer 40K until 2005 New Year's Eve.

I got a starter set called "Space Marine Assault" and then I picked my
                favorite Space Marine Army:

DARK ANGELS!!

I have a tactical squad and I'm in the process of putting together a
                Predator Annihilator Tank, a Land Speeder, and a second tactical squad.

You know what's cool about Warhammer 40K? In some games, there
                are AIR units, which make the game a 3D kind of boardgame.
                Does anyone here know the rules on how to use air units?

I know one rule: You need to get a 6 on a roll of D6 in order to hit
                the air units!

Check out a website called Forge World to see some 40K air units.
                http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/
                sigpic

Comment

Here's an Imperial Navy aircraft, the Lightning Fighter.
                  It can offer air support for the Imperial Guard.

sigpic

Comment

I used to play back in the early 90s.

Loved the game.

Enjoyed my Harlequin armies and Eldar as well as fun with Genestealers.

I was leaving play just when they were starting to roll out vehicles and stuff, but it was fun setting up the terrain, dropping buildings and vehicles and the like. Painting the figs was actually my fave part.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

The models Forge World make are absolutely amazing! I love their Epic Tau and Daemon hunters especially, but the lot of it is all great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
                        Does anyone here know the rules on how to use air units?
                        I know just about every rule GW ever wrote other than Fantasy. What do you want to know?

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab
                        The models Forge World make are absolutely amazing! I love their Epic Tau and Daemon hunters especially, but the lot of it is all great work.
                        Yes it's really nice stuff, real shame about the price though.

GW prices in general have gotten way out of line these past few years, especially here in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          I know just about every rule GW ever wrote other than Fantasy. What do you want to know?
                          I meant in Warhammer 40K. Do you know how to use air units in
                          Warhammer 40K?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
                            I meant in Warhammer 40K. Do you know how to use air units in
                            Warhammer 40K?
                            Yes, done it a few times.

The bigger the table the more useful they become.

Comment

I'm a big Warhammer fan, have been for a few years now. My largest army is my Black Templars one, SO SATISFYING when we got our own codex btw, I think i could get at least 3000pts out of it if i fully deckout my chars/chaplains and use my Grey Knights. However, my favorite army would have to be my Tau. I think I could easily get 2500pts out of it now. Alas, I haven't played a game of 40k that wasn't Dawn of War in several months now...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                              Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                              Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Working...
                              X