This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm Just Noticed Something About The Ori

well the only ORI orientated person to step foot on earth i.e. the prior from "Origin" episode and soon as he used his powers (by telekenesis grabbing the staff from a soldier) he immediately burst into flames.. i always assumed this was a big show that the ORI put on to dazzle SG command, but what if it wasnt

what if the reason the ori havent come to earth is because we have a weapon of some sort somewhere that prevents ORI's influence, much like in the current episode "quest" with Adria being unable to use her abilities because of a device.

please any thoughts to prove or disprove this theory..

Originally posted by furiousfurling View Post
    well the only ORI orientated person to step foot on earth i.e. the prior from "Origin" episode and soon as he used his powers (by telekenesis grabbing the staff from a soldier) he immediately burst into flames.. i always assumed this was a big show that the ORI put on to dazzle SG command, but what if it wasnt

what if the reason the ori havent come to earth is because we have a weapon of some sort somewhere that prevents ORI's influence, much like in the current episode "quest" with Adria being unable to use her abilities because of a device.

please any thoughts to prove or disprove this theory..
    the weapons chair platform

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
      the weapons chair platform
      That could be. The Ori could be affraid that the weapon could penetrate their sheilds.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        That could be. The Ori could be affraid that the weapon could penetrate their sheilds.
        but the only bad thing is

spoilers
        Spoiler:

we don't have many drones left sadly

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
          but the only bad thing is

spoilers
          Spoiler:

we don't have many drones left sadly
          Yeah I know hopefully it would at least damage the ship to a point where the Apollo, Oddesey, and Deadalus can kick butt.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Plot device.

If they're really that smart Earth, would've been their first target. Why? 6.1 billion humans and that we are a major threat considering how we basically ended the Goa'uld.

Or maybe coz they're saving the most savory victory over an enemy faction in the Milky Way galaxy, for last.

Not to mention that Adria doesn't want her Earth-dwelling mommy to get hurt.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
              Plot device.

If they're really that smart Earth, would've been their first target. Why? 6.1 billion humans and that we are a major threat considering how we basically ended the Goa'uld.

Or maybe coz they're saving the most savory victory over an enemy faction in the Milky Way galaxy, for last.

Not to mention that Adria doesn't want her Earth-dwelling mommy to get hurt.
              Oh, I'm sure they'll be coming for Earth very shortly. It is indeed a "savory" target for the Ori.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It would be funny if Merlins weapon turned out to be on earth--like the Burmuda Triangle. Maybe that's why the Ascended can't get involoved--because the weapon would destoy them too?
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think the Prior burned himself to dazzle the people on Earth. Besides, his work was done, cuz the only thing left for him to do was to be arrested by the guards. Cmon, they aimed guns at him. His work was done, so, because the followers of Origin believe that when they die, theyll ascend, the Priors are okay with burning themselves.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                    Plot device.

If they're really that smart Earth, would've been their first target. Why? 6.1 billion humans.
                    Make that 6.419 billion humans and growing by 229,000 a day.
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I gotta admit, I do wonder if the Prior did die, simply for this line:

"PRIOR #2: Then I must leave at once."

Its the LEAVE word...makes it sound less...dying and more...well, leaving...

However, I do like the theory that something on Earth flamed up the prior when he used his telekenisis
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Maybe the whole planet has a special field around it that keeps Ori from coming.
                        http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                        The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                          I gotta admit, I do wonder if the Prior did die, simply for this line:

"PRIOR #2: Then I must leave at once."

Its the LEAVE word...makes it sound less...dying and more...well, leaving...

However, I do like the theory that something on Earth flamed up the prior when he used his telekenisis
                          so when people spontaniously conbust maybe there are priors too

Comment

gerak was a prior too. I thought you were going that if the priors use their special powers on earth their built in fail safe mecahnism activates and they burn due to some left over ancient tech, because both priors died on earth right after using their powers.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

This is an interesting point. We've never seen the priors flameout anywhere else. It looks like, if the flameout were actually an ori failsafe then the prior from Fourth Horseman should have gone up as soon as his powers started to fail. Gerak led us to believe it was a failsafe with his "If I do this, I'm finished" speach, but maybe he knew about some effect of using his power on Earth. Would be an interesting twist if Earth has a prior shield. It's also noteworthy that Gerak's healing power-flashy thing did not extend beyond the base, so he was unable to cure all those infected on the whole planet. Could be that the "sheild" limits the range of a prior's power on Earth and maybe causes some sort of feedback overload that causes the combustion.

Comment

Working...
                              X