This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Spoilers covering S7-10] Battle of Eternity

Last time we saw Omah (SP?) she started a never ending duel with Anubis.

Anubis' intentions were to use the dakara(sp?) device to re-create life, with him as a "god" to the new life. Now that the Dakara device has been destroyed, is there any reason for the Omah and Anubis duel to continue? As Ascended biengs or a freak of ascention (Anubis), wouldn't they know about something this important, or atleast Anubis would.

Since Anubis can no longer erradicate all life in our galaxy, or so we are lead to believe from the 1 on 1 talks between the replicator Carter and Jackson, something on the lines of "the only threat to our kind" - Replicator Carter. What would be his new goal? would he continue to fight? since he (assumption) has no more control over the Jaffa.

Do you think Omah would be the key for Ancient intervention? if it came to the crunch for life in the MW.

Im thinking that Omah is a good thorn in the other Ascended biengs sides, Morgan, merlin, and "others" although small in number. We have from what we've been shown, three big players in the Ascended bieng league, with some influence. How much influence though?

A possible avenue for 1 of the Movie-DVD's?

*continue later, must leave to drink*

That wasnt the only reason, Omah simply thought it was "enough" and since it was her mistake, I dont think it would really fit with the reasons WHY she keeps Anubis busy, to just return him to the galaxy and make him destroy stuff again.

One way or the other, Anubis has the ancient knowledge, and quite possibly would figure out how to build such a device on his own eventually.

No, I highly doubt we'll ever see either of them again, unless one of them just gives up fighting, and as explained above, I dont see any reason why Omah would.

What I would like to see is another powerful ally of SG-1 showing up to help them, we've seen a lot of (semi)advanced civilisations, like the Tollan or those guys who gave them those Ion Drives to use on their ships. We still havent heard or seen anything from the Furlings, either, and the Nox have been awfully quiet. Then there's Langara (Jonas's planet) although they dont have interstellar craft or superiour tech. The Asgard fleet hasn't appeared in quite some time, though they're probably rebuilding. There's those Giant creatures they encountered as well.

Comment

Tollan are dead.

Furlings...you've seen the last of them in episode 200.

Nox? Yeah right, like they're going to do anything other than disappear.

Langara? Hallowed are the Ori.

Asgard? Replicator-food mostly.
      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
      -Audioslave

Comment

(back again)

Ok, but from what i've learned about the 'Lantians'/Ancients. They tend to do something, then worry about the consequence(sorry SP?) later, ala Wraith, 1st incarnation of the Replicators.

I agree Omah, started that fight out of, "ohh crap, i've had enough of your attitude" kinda thing. But again, im assuming that Omah is a ascended bieng with the full mojo of powers, able to de-ascend a bieng. Ability of de-ascending or aiding jackson in keeping part of his memories. I believe it was the episode after Replicator Carter, where the Real Omah in the diner with Jackson confesed with aiding jackson in keeping some memories? (correct me if i am wrong).

In the case of Anubis, as a fully ascended bieng as he was prior to the ancients trying to de-ascent him, or as part punishment to Omah's sillyness(just made that up), he retained parts of his ascended memories, which stopped him from losing most of his memories.

Jackson - some *******ise form of an ancient, or deascended yet ascended( i dont know, im still in knots about this), we've yet to know the true form of Anubis

Now, going back to...

*Quote*

One way or the other, Anubis has the ancient knowledge, and quite possibly would figure out how to build such a device on his own eventually.

*End Quote*

The Ancients stopped Orlin(SP?) from allowing some other Human civilization from using a advanced piece of technology for defence against he go'auld(SP?) What would stop them from intervening(SP?) again? maybe Omah's punishment? maybe, but wouldn't Omah, have the power to stop him? Even then, Omah has allies, or as i have been led to belive allies within the ascended realm, Morgan/Meriln to aid in the defence of us lower biengs. In the realm of breaking the rules.

Maybe i just hold Omah in such high regards, hoping that she realises Anubis' has no hope in hell in attaining a title as a "god" due to the recent destruction of the device on Dekara, and the "hopefully" aid of other allied Ancients and Tau'ri.

Comment

what means sp ?
          Hallowed are the Ori !!!
          Follow the path of the Enlightment !
          Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
            Tollan are dead.

Furlings...you've seen the last of them in episode 200.

Nox? Yeah right, like they're going to do anything other than disappear.

Langara? Hallowed are the Ori.

Asgard? Replicator-food mostly.
            Serrakin/Hebridians? Hallowed are the ori (the ion drive guys xD)
            Hallowed are the Ori !!!
            Follow the path of the Enlightment !
            Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Personally, I don't think we'll be seeing any more of Oma or Anubis on Stargate. Especially with SG-1 reaching the end of the line. They had their time, and I'm fine with that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Daniel Jackson descended of his own free will. Oma just made sure he kept some of his memories as an Ascended Being.

Anubis is half-Ascended as Oma's punishment by the Others. I doubt they'd let her descend him fully (or she would've done that already) even if she had the power to force-descend him.

Anubis has a clause where he can only use information he would have eventually learned as a normal Goa'uld. I very much doubt how to create a Dakara device is something he could've learned as a normal Goa'uld unless the Ancients left blueprints of it lying around.

Comment

Anubis is immortal, he had the ability to study / create / research on how to create the device... well forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                    Anubis is immortal, he had the ability to study / create / research on how to create the device... well forever.
                    Doesn't matter. He has to come up with it himself or find research notes that'll help him (or possibly get his hands on one of those Repositories).

He cannot use anything he learns through Ascended means unless he wouldn't gained that information as a normal Goa'uld.

Comment

Didnt he build his mothership and its superweapon using Ancients technology?

Comment

Working...
                      X