This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The third Spin-off...

I was reading the gateworld.net news and they're going to make two movies and one of them will be used to make another spin-off similiar to how they made Stargate-SG1 from the original movie.

My ideas for the movie is that they should make it like the Ori have counquered alot of the MW or all of it except for Earth. And then have an armada of new ships from multiple countries (i.e. japan, france, britian, etc) that have created their own BC-304. And have the Ori ships jump out of hyperspace infront of Earth with our ships trying to defend the Earth, and then having Asgard Mothership with the Deadalus jump out of hyperspace towing the city of Atlantis. Which will be used for the defence of Earth, similiar to season 7 at the end. And have Ori troops trying to invade Earth with our armies trying to stop them.

And then maybe have a complicated story Arc where the Wraith follow Atlantis to the MW and get in a fight with the Ori and we become Allies, or a complicated sotry arc for the Asurans become our allies and fight the Ori, etc, etc.

And after we win, and the MW is restored and the Entire Earth population now knows about the Stargate Etc. It shows 3months later where the SGC finds gate coordinates from the Ori with 9 chevrons. That lead to a galaxy out of our local group of galaxy that consist of 30 galaxies(such galaxies including the pagasus, MW and the origin galaxies). But the 9 chevrons take about 9 ZPMs to power, using a similiar story arc like Atlantis's first episode. And find out that the ancients actually originated from that galaxy, that the ancients, asgard and all bipedal species actually evovled from that galaxy and moved to our local group of galaxies.

there, idk thats my idea tell me what you think

I guess you did not read the full article since the first movie will finish the Ori story line

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
      I guess you did not read the full article since the first movie will finish the Ori story line
      I know it will finish the Ori, and start a new story line.

Comment

The movie will be a CLIMAX.

A climax does not neccessarily mean the end. It can also be a TURNING POINT in the Story. So they can continue the Ori storyline. They're just too good of an enemy to be ended so quickly. Best to keep them around.

Why not have the new 3rd series be about "counter-crusading" or something. I think it's stupid to just write off the Ori in such a way.
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I've got a feeling that the first movie will conclude the Ori storyline and possibly be 3 or more hours. It could leave it open but I doubt it. I bet that if a third series is still in the works ( I sure hope it is) the second movie would likely be the tie in movie.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Just keep in mind. THIS IS ALL SCI FI CHANNELS FAULT!!! ;(

Comment

In all honesty, I cannot see them bringing the Ori over to another series. If the show ends, there has to be resolution. I would feel cheated if the Ori were not killed off or at least extemely crippled by the end of the episode. And i dont want to see a rip off of the Lucian alliance, where normal people use their tech to wreck havoc with us. That would just be repetative. If they could find a good way to splinter the Ori off, make a spinoff faction, I would be okay with that. Maybe have the Ori construct technology that allows them to accelerate human evolution, and have a new enemy in a spinoff be, essentially, an army of Adrias. That might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                The movie will be a CLIMAX.

A climax does not neccessarily mean the end. It can also be a TURNING POINT in the Story. So they can continue the Ori storyline. They're just too good of an enemy to be ended so quickly. Best to keep them around.

Why not have the new 3rd series be about "counter-crusading" or something. I think it's stupid to just write off the Ori in such a way.
                True, but they clearly meant that it will end the Ori Story Arch. Then there will be a time travel movie that leads into a third series. It will likely just be SG-1 New Beginnings, or Star Gate Command.
                http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Bah, they better leave it open ened so the Ori can find their way back into the Milky Way. I just think it's BEYOND STUPID to end such a powerful villain.

They are the only ones with "fan wank" starships as the backbone of their fleet...

Comment

This third series better not be Quantum Leap or Enterprise.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                      wait, wait I know they say the third series was about time travel but **** that! What about my idea of having them go to a galaxy out of the local group of galaxies, eh eh eh

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer View Post
                        Personally I think a ship based show would be good, but not a remake of Quantum Leap.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                          Bah, they better leave it open ened so the Ori can find their way back into the Milky Way. I just think it's BEYOND STUPID to end such a powerful villain.

They are the only ones with "fan wank" starships as the backbone of their fleet...

and what if they don't?
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

The third series should be set ten years in the future. People on earth no about the stargate and knows what our goverment as be doing. The jaffa are in full civil war after bra tac and teal'c are killed, They were the ones who was keeping the whole thing togeather.

The ori although severly weaken still excist in this galexy their followers still believe. They hold quite few worlds their were ships were destroyed but they blamed earth for the ori not being able to ascend them and want revenge, they still are quite force and rumared to be building a new fleet of war ships. Currently rumared to have a supeer gate and receiving reinforcements from the ori galexy.

Then I would have new enemy slowly rising to power, where they came from is misery to be reveal, they were the ones who killed the bra'tac and teal'k and manipulating the jaffa into a civil war, their aims are unknown and what they want to acheive is also unknown all that is known is that they want to destroyed earth and the jaff naton apart from that nothing else is known.

Earth is currently split china and russia want to move the stargate of us soil and on to some where which is independent. All the majour country would have ships. Theri also terroris groups who want to keep earth isolated and do not want earth to explore or help the rest of the galaxy.

Basically I would have the new series tackle ideas along these lines.

As for the movies, personally they need a mini series to finshed of the ori, then have a tv movie which lead into a new series but ths should not be a time traveling. Instead this should be unveiling of the stargate to the public. Which they thought was perfect timing as their was no majour threat to earth, but then I would have somthing happen, all leading in massive chaos and space and ground battles on and around earth. This would set up the series for 3rd series ideas.

Third series woulld show a much more populated galexy, which mean showing more alien species and ships, with no single enemy, until third or fourth series where they are slowly reveal, bit like babylon 5 and how reveal the shadows as the true enemy and behind a lot of the problem they face. Where their quite a few idea hear, I do not think it go a against the thread to much.

Comment

Every show has at its core has a thing its about

At it's core Stargate is about modern day humans exploring space thrpugh a big circular gateway. Skiping ahead any significant amount of time and they aren't modern day people. At the same time, giving the humans loads of space ships and high tech distances it even more from the modern day

A third spin off would have to preserve this
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X