X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you watch Atlantis continously if SG1 is gone for good

Hey guys

If SG1 is totally gone for good, would you guys, the viewer, transfer from watching SG1 to Atlantis.

I think the reason behind the cancellation of SG1 was because SG1 ran for so long, and with Atlantis being shown as well, many fans were still watching SG1 but not watching Atlantis, therefore by cancelling the show, they expect that the ratings will be high on the Atlantis show.

Besides, say that 1.6 was the average rating on Atlantis, say 50% of those are SG1 viewers, if SG1 got cancelled, at least half of the people would transfer to watching Atlantis, therefore an average of 2.1-2.5 would occur (like BSG).
    I already watch atlantis and will continue to do so
    82.76%
    I don't watch it now but will give it a try
    0.49%
    Nope, doesn't interest me at all
    4.93%
    Only when the sg1 actors guest
    7.39%
    don't know/don't care/haven't decided yet
    4.43%
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Yes, I would.

I do like Atlantis but one of the great aspects of BOTH shows is how easily characters can translate from one show to another.

Comment

I love Atlantis, i possibly like it more than SG-1. But SG-1 is the original and the one that has developed over the past 10 years you cant put a show like that down in your mind.

I dont like the gone for good part of your thread title, it kind of gives the vibe your happy its gonna end.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Of course I'll still watch SGA every week when SG-1 is finally gone. However, things will never feel the same. Those two hours back-to-back have become very special to me over the past three years.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I already watch Atlantis full time, and I will continue until its end.

Comment

I already watch and love SGA. I don't see that changing in the future.

Comment

I already love and watch Atlantis. I'll continue to watch it until it's (hopefully) distant finale.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I don't know. I've never been particularly enamored with Atlantis. My favorite character is Zelenka. The leads have never gelled for me. A bad sign when we are halfway thru S3. I watch it, but only if I haven't turned off SG-1 in anger. Which means not so often Or if I'm watching with others. I don't know that I'd seek it out on its own. Maybe if I'm bored. And remember it's on.

Suse
                Last edited by suse; 16 October 2006, 06:11 PM. Reason: bad editting
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

SG-1 = going the way of DVD Movies so get used to that fact. SG-1 will not be "gone"

Comment

I already watch Atlantis, prefer Atlantis over SG1, and will continue to watch Atlantis next season regardless of SG1's future plans.

Comment

Atlantis has got a lot better this year so if the seasons episodes continue that way Ill proberley watch it next year.
                      STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                      legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I know people who watch SGA and don´t watch SG1. I think I am part of them. I mean, I watch SG1 but it became kind of boring this year and Atlantis is so much better, it always was.
                        Yeah, SG1 is classic but it is for 10 years now and people who worked on it deserve to do something else. Let them go.
                        So my answer is yes, I will watch SGA anyway. I have never done anything else

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Atlantis has always been worth the watch, whilst it hasn't compared to SG1 in the past season 3 has gotten much better (still doesn't beat SG1 though)

Comment

I might just like atlantis just a litle bit more that sg-1 , but i will miss those 2 hours back to back that i canceled everthing on my friday night for.
                            sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              I already watch Atlantis, prefer Atlantis over SG1, and will continue to watch Atlantis next season regardless of SG1's future plans.
                              Seconded in all aspects. I do class myself as a fan of SG-1, but these days my allegiance would definitely be to Atlantis first if I had to choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X