This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual Stargate Halloween Event

They're doing it again! I'm volunteering as an actor in the 2nd annual Halloween Film Haunt, taking place at Bridge Studios, Vancouver, BC. We'll be on the Effects Stage, the Atlantis set, the Blade:Trinity set, and a village set (possibly the same Ori village from last year?). Tickets are 15$ each for adults, 10$ for kids and can be bought on the official Film Haunt website. This event was sold out weeks in advance last year, so snap up your tickets quick!

http://www.filmhaunt.com/home

Halloween Haunt At Bridge Studios

www.filmhaunt.com

By popular demand, the British Columbia film industry will once again bring
    together hundreds of volunteers from across the film and television community
    to stage the 2nd Annual Halloween Haunt at the Bridge Studios October 27-31.
    The Halloween Haunt is a 100% volunteer fundraising effort for the benefit of
    children’s charities. The Halloween Haunt studio tours will take place over 5
    days featuring various sets from the hit television series Stargate SG-1 and
    Stargate Atlantis. In an enormous collaborative effort, hundreds of volunteers
    representing all facets of the film and television community combine their
    respective talents to create a sensational spine tingling fundraising event. Last
    year, the Halloween Haunt raised $20,000 for BC Children’s Hospital. This
    year, the fundraising goal has been tripled and will benefit Variety – the
    Children’s Charity and CISV – Children’s International Summer Village.“Last year’
    s three day event was completely sold out weeks in advance, clearly telling us
    that we have created an event that is a new “must-do” in Vancouver for the
    Halloween season,” says Bridge Studios General Manager and event Co-Producer,
    Ron Hrynuik. This year, scheduled visits will also be offered to Lower
    Mainland schools who, in addition to enjoying unique Halloween entertainment, will
    also have the opportunity to ask film industry professionals questions about
    what they’ve seen. “The event’s success inspired us to make it even bigger and
    better this year,” adds John Smith, Executive Producer, Stargate. “The
    Halloween Haunt showcases the talents of many professionals in our industry and
    gives the public a unique opportunity for a close up look at what we do. We all
    feel strongly about supporting our community and are very pleased to be donating
    all proceeds to children’s charities.”The event is made possible by sponsors
    and volunteers from across the film and television industry.Event Hours

Public Events:
    October 27, 2006 6:00pm-11:00pm (Friday)
    October 28, 2006 3:00pm-11:00pm (Saturday)
    October 29, 2006 3:00pm-9:00pm (Sunday)

more details at link above

-thanks to sue at the michaelshanks group for the tip

Comment

I have already posted a thread about this. Yours is much more detailed, though .

I'm volunteering as an actor in the haunt, which is promising to be an even to remember. I was told today it's already 40% sold out and tickets are expected to be completely gone within a week. I went on a tour today of the sets they're going to be using for it and it looks so good, even without the actors, lighting, and finishing set dressing touches. They're using Atlantis sets this year, including a completely redressed version of last year's big Ori galaxy village set and a redressed Blade:Trinity set which was bought by Atlantis. I'm so excited. I hope it will go as well as last year's did. I had so much fun as a zombie last year.

Comment

Man, that's really awesome. Wish I could go. Sounds like quite the good time, and for a really good cause too.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm going to this but it's quickly selling out. All of you should act fast if you still want to get in!

Comment

I so love living in this city
            I'm guessing we need a credit card to purchase tickets?
            anyone wanna go together?

Comment

Originally posted by weirdchylde View Post
              I have already posted a thread about this. Yours is much more detailed, though .

I'm volunteering as an actor in the haunt, which is promising to be an even to remember. I was told today it's already 40% sold out and tickets are expected to be completely gone within a week. I went on a tour today of the sets they're going to be using for it and it looks so good, even without the actors, lighting, and finishing set dressing touches. They're using Atlantis sets this year, including a completely redressed version of last year's big Ori galaxy village set and a redressed Blade:Trinity set which was bought by Atlantis. I'm so excited. I hope it will go as well as last year's did. I had so much fun as a zombie last year.
              I asked the mods to combine the threads somehow. Blast, wish I could go. WRong part of country! If you'll be there, can you take pictures? I'd love to see what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                I asked the mods to combine the threads somehow. Blast, wish I could go. WRong part of country! If you'll be there, can you take pictures? I'd love to see what it looks like.
                Yeah! I'll be taking pictures for sure, of me and of the sets! I have my pictures from last year as well if anyone wants me to post them. If anyone's a Smallville fan, I have pictures of the gravestones from that show, including Ma and Pa Kent!

A note to everyone, the public shows are SOLD OUT. As in not a ticket to behold. Within the last 5 days this show has been selling like mad. The school shows are a little slower, but they're selling out fairly steadily too, and I hope/expect they will be gone by the time next week rolls around. If you're from Vancouver and have a kid in elementary or high school, tell them to tell their school!!! It's for a really good cause!

Comment

got my ticket for saturday^^ 310 - 4

Comment

Got my ticket too!! Really looking forward to it. Look forward to Weirdchyld doing your thing whatever you are doing. Have you been promoted from Zombie this year?!

Prion's thing about the enemy worse than the Wraith. Cracked me up, now I know why I moved far far away from the UK!!! Teletubbies aaarggghhh.Hope they don't turn up on the Event, now that's the most scary thing possible!!

Comment

I'm volunteering! heheh looking forward to volunteer orientation tomorrow! =D
                      sine sine cosine sine,
                      three point one four one five nine!
                      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        Got my ticket too!! Really looking forward to it. Look forward to Weirdchyld doing your thing whatever you are doing. Have you been promoted from Zombie this year?!
                        No, not unless they're short on Tour Guides. I turned down the speaking role of Tour Guide for a Zombie. There's a LOT of dialogue to remember and I haven't even tried to memorize it. Sooo, I think I shall be a Zombie. Although I have a feeling that I will probably be needed for Monday and Tuesday as a Tour Guide (hopefuly the non-speaking herding one) for the School Groups because a lot of people will be at work or school on those days. But we'll see. There's a performer's rehearsal this evening and I'll probably know more then.

Comment

Oh what a reason to move to Vancouver! Drool
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

i'm assuming we're not allowed to take pics

Comment

Not of the SG:A Set, for sure. At the Volunteer Orientation, we were told no. Damn. I wanted to take a picture of the Stargate so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X