• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Movies Next Year

TV Guide - SG-1 OK'd for Two Films

http://community.tvguide.com/thread....0943#700050943

'Gate Expectations: SG-1 OK'd for Two Films

Stargate SG-1 may be winding down its 10-year-run this spring, but here's some exciting news for its fans. MGM has granted a green light — and enough money — to produce two movies, most likely for DVD, executive producer Brad Wright tells TV Guide. The first flick will tie up most of the finale's loose threads — "It's the climax of the Ori storyline" — and will be written-directed by exec producer Robert Cooper. The second film, penned by Wright, will involve time travel, and both projects should debut in the fall of 2007. Though no deals are signed, SG-1's stars are said to be "very eager" to continue. "They're not big-budget [films] by any definition, but for us it's pretty good," says Wright. "As we've proven over the years, just give us little more money and we can make pretty good television, or DVDs.

"There's a sense of an era for us ending," Wright continues, "but at the same time, we're all positive because of the prospect of continuing forward with movies and the introduction next year of Stargate Worlds, a massive multi-player online game."

NOTE: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=38566 repeats the same news.

I think the first movie should be released in July after the end of season 10. It is bad that they wait 3-4 months. I hope they will broadcast in TV first (MGM Channel or SciFi) and then publish on DVD, beacuse they can earn more money in this way, so the future of SG-1 would be more certain. I hope that the 2 movie will be 90-90 minute long at least, and maybe they will make more (4-5 / year) after the success. I hope they will get more viewers after the Stargate : Worlds game, so if they start a third SG show in 2008 next to Atlantis Season 5 than they should continue to make SG-1 movies.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I think the first movie should be released in July after the end of season 10. It is bad that they wait 3-4 months. I hope they will broadcast in TV first (MGM Channel or SciFi) and then publish on DVD, beacuse they can earn more money in this way, so the future of SG-1 would be more certain. I hope that the 2 movie will be 90-90 minute long at least, and maybe they will make more (4-5 / year) after the success. I hope they will get more viewers after the Stargate : Worlds game, so if they start a third SG show in 2008 next to Atlantis Season 5 than they should continue to make SG-1 movies.

So far there's no confirmation of whether it will be direct to DVD or if they'll try some kind of launch on TV. I hope the movies are two hours long. Gads, sure hope so!

Hm, don't think there's an MGM channel....

Comment

There were news that the MGM will make own network around the globe. They will make a cabel channel in Hungary too.

First story - the conclusion of the Ori: How can they defeat them completly if they will be in SG:W as evil NPC-s? Or only the "Origin" will survive?

Second story - time travel : If I understand well, it will be an independent story. I would like to see an episode about the Great Alliance or a new pilot for the third show or an introduction for SG:W.

I hope they get about 5-5 million dollar, so they can make such great episodes as Lost City or Rising.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

MGM has talked about starting their own network. I don't mind buying the DVDs for a first view. I would rather watch the DVD quality anyway than the not up with the times, non HD version on SciFi. Also, I hope SciFi doesn't get to air it. I felt the same way about Farscape. They were the idiots that cancelled it, why should they get ratings from the comeback? I still watched PKW but I did it so I could see it, not because I was thrilled it was on SciFi.

I'm still holding out hope that MGM will decide to pursue an episodic continuation with SG-1. Maybe the series can start back up after the movies close. If they wrap everything up though, that is less likely.

I know many might not agree but I think a couple SG-1 characters should translate into the new series. I'm not quite ready to give up on these people yet and I don't want them stuffing them into Atlantis either. Atlantis is starting to find it's leg in the characters. I'm extremely excited about "Sunday" in the second half of the season.
          Thor: Your mind has been interfaced with the Daniel Jackson.
          Jack: What?
          Daniel: What?!?

Comment

I'm glad that there'll be 2 movies, I'm just annoyed that they'll be straight to DVD, I was hoping if they made a movie it will be released in cinemas.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

There is an MGM Channel. We even have it here in Germany.

And it is great that there will be movies, but a season or two would have been better. But maybe the climax of the ori story only means that there will be huge change in the storyline, like the Ori taking Earth over.

And we saw in the news that Darren said that it is only the first part of the answer, so maybe there is more to come.

Comment

I was just curious what everyone thought of the movies that are suppose to come out after the Series Finale. And just in case, you haven't read it Click Here. I there is some potential with the ideas.

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Time travel?
                  I don't liek the sound of that.
                  Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                  O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

I don't care what happens I just want it sooner than later. Then I can load up the cupboard with lots of munchies and watch the series and movies from start to finish all over again.

chem

Comment

I am super glad that they've decided to

Spoiler:
                      finish the Ori plot in the first tv movie.

I really didn't see it ending right with the episodes we had left, but now we have a movie there, too.

The second one sounds very very interesting! Third series, maybe?
                      Last edited by any_gopher; 12 October 2006, 10:05 AM. Reason: misspelling

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I don't think they should end the Ori plot like that.
                        It's lame to see an enemy, especially one of their power be introduced and defeated in two series.
                        I think they should stretch the Ori out for more, or atleast the two movies planned.
                        And I'm not so sure on the time travel thing...especially after their last botched attempt at it.
                        Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                        O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post

The second one sounds very very interesting! Third series, maybe?
                          Sounds like possible spin-off.... what i find interesting is that first movie will close Ori arc and second involves time travel... are they planning to send SG-1 to future or past? anyway, that option opens up so many different possibilities that even thinking about it makes my head spin
                          and i guess that second movie will be base for spin-off...

/me wishes to time travel and see what will happen
                          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by senordingdong View Post
                            I don't think they should end the Ori plot like that.
                            It's lame to see an enemy, especially one of their power be introduced and defeated in two series.
                            I think they should stretch the Ori out for more, or atleast the two movies planned.

IMO, they'll close Ori arc in THIS galaxy and prolly do something to open another front, possiblly even in Ori home galaxy... noone knows... and it's fun to speculate
                            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              I'm glad that there'll be 2 movies, I'm just annoyed that they'll be straight to DVD, I was hoping if they made a movie it will be released in cinemas.
                              The article said "most likely for DVD." There's no confirmation that it's straight to DVD yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X