This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ancients not helping against the orii

the ancients do want to get rid of the orii but the ancients arent helping could that mean there hiding something.

i know i did this before i just put it in the wrong place.

Non-interference policy. As per their agreement with the Ori, the Ancients aren't allowed to do a thing unless the Ori themselves directly interefere with affairs in the Milky Way.

Comment

The Ancients are absentee landlords...they created the wraith threat, first generation replicators and the uber Ori....they should fix their own problems instead living in the locked penthouse[ala Ascension Dimension}

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
        The Ancients are absentee landlords...they created the wraith threat, first generation replicators and the uber Ori....they should fix their own problems instead living in the locked penthouse[ala Ascension Dimension}
        No, the Ancients didn't create the Ori, they ran from the Ori, by coming here to the Milky Way.
        --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
          Non-interference policy. As per their agreement with the Ori, the Ancients aren't allowed to do a thing unless the Ori themselves directly interefere with affairs in the Milky Way.
          They have no agreement with the Ori...

Comment

If the Ancients come to the realization that the Ori are close to being able to actually challenge and possibly defeat them, they'll finally interfere. I have no doubt of that.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              They have no agreement with the Ori...
              If so, then why was it stated that they aren't allowed to directly intervene unless the Ori directly mess with the inhabitants of the Milky Way?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                If the Ancients come to the realization that the Ori are close to being able to actually challenge and possibly defeat them, they'll finally interfere. I have no doubt of that.
                Agreed and I bet that the Ori are pretty close to that goal.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                  If so, then why was it stated that they aren't allowed to directly intervene unless the Ori directly mess with the inhabitants of the Milky Way?
                  Because they have a non interference policy, its not an agreement with the Ori, they Ori didn't even know about our galaxy till DJ and Vala went to their galaxy...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I have to wonder if the Ancients are acting like a bunch of penguins on an ice flow, all nervously jostling about, waiting for someone else to jump in first.

If one Ancient rebels and wipes out the Ori in the MW, that leaves the other Ancients free to "punish" the rebel for violating the code, pretend they kept their hands clean, while being secretly relieved someone finally did the dirty work.
                    --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I certainly think that they're getting there pretty quickly. If the Ancients were really that smart, they wouldn't let things continue to spiral out of control like they are. The Ori are getting stronger and stronger, and the Ancients are doing next to nothing.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

in time they will have to help, more will come to our side as the threat increases. the ancients may have one help us, and the others shield his actions from the others.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                          in time they will have to help, more will come to our side as the threat increases. the ancients may have one help us, and the others shield his actions from the others.
                          If Merlin's weapon doesn't work (if we ever find it), they will have to help us against the Ori. At least, one would think so.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

there will be serious ass kicking if the weapon cancels out all ascended life, that way our ancients would have to decend and shield us from the ori until we use the device. then im pretty sure the ascendeds will have a big conflict with our guys
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              If Merlin's weapon doesn't work (if we ever find it), they will have to help us against the Ori. At least, one would think so.
                              They will only help if there is a genuine threat to them, if the Ori were wiping out all life in the galaxy for instance, the Ancients would do nothing...

Comment

Working...
                              X