X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 9 DVD Sales

How will it sell?

Billboard is one source. I don't think the current chart (follow link) reflects the sale for this week, but it's interesting to see that BSG was #7.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart...=Top+DVD+Sales

Note: in case the content of the link changes on future dates, it was labeled Issue Date: 2006-10-14 when I originally posted this and the #1 selling DVD was "Barbie In The 12 Dancing Princesses."

I know the Target near me isn't stocking SG-1 season 9. I don't know if it's just the one by me or all of them but that would hurt sales.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      I know the Target near me isn't stocking SG-1 season 9. I don't know if it's just the one by me or all of them but that would hurt sales.
      I haven't seen it on sale at my Target either

Comment

Well, I usually like to just walk into a store and buy it and it was either Walmart, Circuit City or Best Buy. So, I drove by walmart, parked, walked in. Just ONE copy left of season 9. Shelving behind it was empty. Don't know if that was good or bad, but $34.99. I was like, eh, driving to BB or CC can be a nightmare, so I snatched it up.

I even got as far as taking off the plastic wrapping! Think I shall watch some this weekend.

Comment

Barbie.... #1....

*shakes head and walks away*
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

When I bought my Season 9 DVD, at Walmart, there about 5 or so left.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
              How will it sell?

Billboard is one source. I don't think the current chart (follow link) reflects the sale for this week, but it's interesting to see that BSG was #7.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/chart...=Top+DVD+Sales

Note: in case the content of the link changes on future dates, it was labeled Issue Date: 2006-10-14 when I originally posted this and the #1 selling DVD was "Barbie In The 12 Dancing Princesses."
              I checked Target too, but either there weren't any, or they sold them all already.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

At the moment season 9 is #7 at Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...052451-1976020

and BSG season 2.5 is #8.
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  When I bought my Season 9 DVD, at Walmart, there about 5 or so left.
                  Nice to hear that SOME Wal-Marts actually got these in.

Comment

I went to Best Buy in SoHo, sold out according to the clerk, went to Virgin at Union Square, they said they were out, went to a comic book shop down the street, they were sold out(but they said they only had 10 copies)... finally, I got the last copy that Circuit City in Union Square had just because I spotted it on the "put back on the shelf" cart. This was 2 days ago, but I was amazed, especially that Virgin was out... cus I had a 5 dollar off coupon for there!

Comment

Originally posted by BenWahBallBoy
                      I went to Best Buy in SoHo, sold out according to the clerk, went to Virgin at Union Square, they said they were out, went to a comic book shop down the street, they were sold out(but they said they only had 10 copies)... finally, I got the last copy that Circuit City in Union Square had just because I spotted it on the "put back on the shelf" cart. This was 2 days ago, but I was amazed, especially that Virgin was out... cus I had a 5 dollar off coupon for there!
                      Ahh...it never fails if you have a coupon!

Comment

Which is likely why they were sold out - if they were offering money off. I haven't decided for certain about 9. It was not my favorite year.
                        sigpic

Comment

Season 9 passed up Grey's Anatomy for the #5 spot on Amazon.com on Wednesday. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess
                            Season 9 passed up Grey's Anatomy for the #5 spot on Amazon.com on Wednesday. I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty impressed!
                            Indeed.

Comment

i got 1 of 2 copys wal mart had in my area and i was there at 12:01 on the
                              3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X