This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did season 10 go wrong?

at the end of season 9 everything was awesome and the stage seemed set to keep SG-1 going for another few seasons, yet the decision to axe came in about the first third of season 10. so where did the writers screw up to reduce the ratings enough to make it seem non-viable?

It's called Corporate Stupidity, nothing else.

Sci-Fi Channel itself should be axed for all the stupid and cheap "sci-fi original movies" they keep airing, not to mention the wrestling they just added. Most of these are IMO, an affront to the genre of Science Fiction.

If Sci-Fi Channel wants to live they should air only the good shows like Star Trek (all of them), Babylon 5, Sliders, FireFly, Sea Quest,The X Files, Space: Above and Beyond, Farscape, and etc. (many more)

They could even toss in some good Fantasy shows like Buffy, Angel, Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

IMO it was a combination of poor management, thanks to SCI-Fi, and the fact that the series has been running for 10 years now.
      and WTF

Wrestling

Wrestling!!

On SCI-FI

ok they need 1.new management
      2. all those sci-fi shows mentioned above to be running
      and 3. give the wrestling to another network.
      when i hear sci-fi, my first thought is space, aliens, uber cool fantasies.
      NOT WRESTLING!!!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with season 10 thus far. And it was most certainly not the fault of the writers in any way that SG-1 got the axe.

If anything, it seems to be a high-stakes game of Chicken between Sci-Fi and MGM, with the former seemingly pulling off such a stunt in order to force the latter to lower their licensing fees to broadcast the show and the latter refusing to submit to their demands.

Comment

It didn't. I thinkl its going on just fine. I just resent the axe resulting from internal politics of the makers of the show.

Comment

It has not gone wrong, It has gotten better. And as mentioned before it is all sci-fi's fault...may they all burn...

Comment

I think that Season Nine may have played a part. I know quite a few people who started off optimistic about it but ended up not liking it.

A lot of changes were made to the show. Some people liked those changes, others didn't. Looking at the ratings, a lot of people gave Season Nine a chance but the numbers dwindled and quite a few people didn't come back for Season Ten.

Season Nine was the testing ground for new characters and storylines, I think that for some it was also a probationary period, when they decided whether or not they liked the show as it was and whether or not they would continue watching.

"Flesh and Blood" got a rating of just 1.4, compared with 1.9 for Camelot and an average of 1.845 for Season Nine as a whole. The Season Ten ratings have yet to recover enough to match Season Nine, let alone Season Ten.

I don't think that Season Ten is the problem, I think that quite a few of those who sat through Season Nine had decided before it aired to give it a miss.

No matter how good the episodes are and how much the show has improved since Season Nine, it doesn't do much good if people aren't watching to see that.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

There is a guy named Stern. That is where the problem is. May he burn in the fires of Celestis! *muhahahahaha*
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cylean
                  It didn't. I thinkl its going on just fine. I just resent the axe resulting from internal politics of the makers of the show.
                  I agree, I am really enjoying Season 10 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshNaranek
                    where did season 10 go wrong?
                    It was made.

Comment

Ten years guys, THAT'S the problem. Not Scifi, not the writers. The show is OLD. Old shows get canned because they cost too much. Not becuase "LOLZ, Scifi is teh stupids"

The made a smart business decision that will save them a lot of money in the coming year.
                      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I think it was season 9 that killed SG-1, not season 10. There is no possible way that SCI-FI would base their decision on the less-than-half episodes which had aired in season 10. Instead, I think they knew what they were doing by the end of season 9. They renewed it for the final year to give the writer's chance to finish things off correctly and also to get recognition for the 200th episode. Then, they announced that they were killing the show.
                        //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                        Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I have one thing to say that they absolutely did right....making Adria so ****ing hot! So very right.....

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

I honestly think it went wrong through loads of standalone episodes involving crap like the Lucian Alliance and Vala's amnesia. I think the entire series should have focused on the inexorable advance of the most powerful enemy in the universe rather than have the cast go off and do extra stuff on the side. There were too few Ori episodes this year. They no longer came across as an imminent threat.

Comment

I think everything veered off course with season 9.
                              I still watch but I can't say I enjoy it anymore.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                              X