This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Home Galaxy

I searched and didn't find a similar topic but if I missed it sorry. Anyway this is an odd theroy and I welcome any thoughts. Do we actually know if the Ori Galaxy is actually even in our space time? I mean think about it, the Ori Galaxy could actually be in another dimension. That would explain quite a few things. Why they are ticked at the Ancients, the could have banished them to a alternate plane of existence or alternate dimension and could also explain Merlins phase shifting experiments/device. I mean we might have to find some type of device that shifts us to a different phase activate the device and then somehow get to the Ori Galaxy. I mean if no one not even the Asgard know where exactly the galaxy is, and it could also explain why the supergate needs so much extra power. It's not mearly dialing another galaxy but another universe. Thoughts?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

um... (fart)

No really, in all seriousness, it is an interesting thought, but no. It has been said that they are merely far far away, and if they were in another dimension, the Ancients would be unable to ineract with them at all. Plus the Ancient communicator wouldn't work.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

It's an interesting thought indeed since it's been shown as early as season 6 that the Ancients were experimenting with alternate dimensions, meaning it's reasonable to assume that the Ori would've known about it as well.

But yeah, based on what's been established thus far, and unless the Supergates are also capable of dialling other dimensions, it's almost certain that the Alterans originated a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
        But yeah, based on what's been established thus far, and unless the Supergates are also capable of dialling other dimensions, it's almost certain that the Alterans originated a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
        I must agree with this.

Hmmm, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? I wonder if any of them knew Han or Luke??
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          I must agree with this.

Hmmm, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? I wonder if any of them knew Han or Luke??
          LOL. I knew it was far fetched but we do know that A: Merlins weapon was built using phase shift technology or at the very least hidden by it so alternate dimesnsions/planes of exsistence could come in to play here. B: The Ancients and Ori disagreed philosophically and were banished. Why not to another dimension. Do we really know for sure how that comunicator works? I mean if it can reach another galaxy it could do alot more. C: We really don't know the full capabilities of a supergate, but we do know it operates alot differently than a regular gate, and with the massive power requirement who knows what it can do. I know it's a wild theroy and probably unfounded but you have to admit some of these points do make sense.

Comment

No, I don't. Nah, just kidding. It would be interesting, we have seen, at least in my opinion, that the fire of Celestis, acts as a sort of gateway, but anything's possible, I still say.

Comment

That could explaing the whole 9th chevron thing......

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                Me, I like to think that the 9th chevron is used for self destruction. *big boom* (a la Trinity boom)
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                  Me, I like to think that the 9th chevron is used for self destruction. *big boom* (a la Trinity boom)
                  Well, that'd sure suck if we ever managed to activate it then, now wouldn't it?
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, that'd sure suck if we ever managed to activate it then, now wouldn't it?

Say goodbye Cheyenne Mountain. lol
                    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I must agree with this.

LOL.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                        No, I don't. Nah, just kidding. It would be interesting, we have seen, at least in my opinion, that the fire of Celestis, acts as a sort of gateway, but anything's possible, I still say.
                        That was my point I mean if "fire" is that powerful anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                          My poin also. After 10 years there is still so much about the gate that is still beyond our knowledge. Who knows what it's really capable of.

Comment

I must agree with this.

Real cute.

Comment

Maybe the 9th chevron is for dialing to the Ori home galaxy and and prevents the Ori or anyone from dialing in unless they enter a correct password? Seems like a secure way to protect the galaxy from anything the Ori could throw at us.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X