Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Ancients weren't the first evolution?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the Ancients weren't the first evolution?

What if the Ancients themselves were not the first evolution of humans either? What I am postulating is this. The human race evolves to ancient levels in one galaxy then creates lesser versions of themselves then moves on to somewhere else and ascends. Then those lesser humans evolve to ancient levels and creates lesser versions of themselves somewhere else. Maybe its like encoded in our DNA and we don't even know it. To procreate our species from one galaxy to the next.

I'm sure we won't find out.But your theory is interesting
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

it'd take 50million+ years just to reach the alteran level.
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

and there are 5 billion years that passed. but i remember right only a few billion years are actually habbitable. the way i see it is that in reality we are one of the early races, and in the future our decendants would be like the ancients and be highly revered by less advanced societies.
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

this theory is interesting. and if we're all walking the steps of ancients that could be a reason why every culture is similar and they all speak english. maybe its like the laws of physics. what if there was a pre-ancient civilization? even more powerfull. and they were the ones that seeded ancients. but the ancients failed to become pre-ancients. or something---

but my real guess would be that we're the first civilization in this galaxy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
            it'd take 50million+ years just to reach the alteran level.

not if they can wipe the replicators out and "borrow" their city forever

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981
              What if the Ancients themselves were not the first evolution of humans either? What I am postulating is this. The human race evolves to ancient levels in one galaxy then creates lesser versions of themselves then moves on to somewhere else and ascends. Then those lesser humans evolve to ancient levels and creates lesser versions of themselves somewhere else. Maybe its like encoded in our DNA and we don't even know it. To procreate our species from one galaxy to the next.
              Interesting theory. Anything is possible on this show.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                And that is one of the many reasons I love this show.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Not true. I can guarantee that The Ori are definitely not made of Pizza.
                  It'll never fit in there you know...

Comment

It's actually a pretty interesting possibility, and one that crossed my mind sometime back. Although based on what's been established thus far, it's somewhat unlikely.

If there'd been a race of humans who predated even the Ancients and seeded the latter, they should've left some evidence of their existence behind (relics, ruins, perhaps even fossils). The Ancients were explorers just like the current incarnation of humans, only with a head start of at least tens of millions of years and they should've at least been aware of or discovered some traces of these pre-Ancients. However, that does not aware to be the case thus far and Janus even stated that the Tau'ri were the second evolution of humanity, meaning the Ancients are not aware of any who came before them (the Ancients).

It might be possible that every single last trace of the pre-Ancients ever having existed was somehow eliminated, although this is extremely slim and almost impossible if they were an advanced an multi-galactic spanning race short of cosmic intervention or something of similar scale. Still, I guess anything is possible in the series if the writers so choose.

Comment

well the ancients reli had a big brain which can store alot if knowledge if they were not the first then the pre-guys would of been even more smarter then the ancients
                      sigpic

Comment

that's a really interesting idea. I find it completely possible, but since the show is being canceled it is extremely unlikely that we will ever find out anything in this area except if it has been taped already.

I would really like like to see a new spinoff with a similar idea. Also the new spinoff could be about some earthling evolving to a higher place of existence. We've been hearing so much about it every virtually no nothing about it so it would be a right way to go for sci-fi.

Comment

Originally posted by DavetheAvatar
                          Not true. I can guarantee that The Ori are definitely not made of Pizza.
                          How do you know that. I get a lot of scripts coming and going around this office. and i can tell you that in the episode 1018 - Family Ties, Sam and Vala battle the Milky Ways newest super villian "Pizza the Hut" played by the ever hilarious Sally Struthers.

Comment

Maybe we will see the Ancients of the Ancients lol!

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                              Maybe we will see the Ancients of the Ancients lol!

love tht, maybe will see the Ancients Ancients.

Comment

Working...
                              X