Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Analysis of the Ori, and how to defeat them.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analysis of the Ori, and how to defeat them.

I've posted these idea's before, but I want to reiterate an analysis of the Ori's military strength. Basically, many people are complaining that the Ori are too powerful, and that there is no viable weakness. Well, from the way I look at it, that is wrong. Essentially, we have a 'Halo syndrome' with the Ori, in which their power only lies in superior ships. Basically, I have broken the Ori military strength down in to 5 components: Foot soldiers, Priors, Adria, Small Craft, and Motherships.

1) Ground troops: Lets be honest: They suck. Their weapons may be better than a staff weapon, but they are no better than a jaffa. They are jsut regular humans, very little training, no encahnced strength. They could most liekly be defeated by inferior numbers.

2) Priors: Definately a big threat on the ground. However, people seem to forget the anti-prior field that they came up with in "The Fourth Horseman". The field actually worked whhen set to the right frequency. This technology could be combined with a rotating frequency that hones in on the one that will knock out the prior. Have one man carry this generator in his backback and the priors are a severely dimished threat.

3) Adria: Adria is the only real ground problem. WE don't know if the anti-prior field would work on her, but I have a feeling that it would. Still, their is the problem of the Piece of Celestis. Perhaps if her powers are disabled, someone ould remove it off her. We know that there is a way to counteract her powers,
    Spoiler:
    because they dont work in "the Quest"
    . Eitehr way, she is just one person. A big threat, but a singular one.

4) Small Craft: We have not seen these in action too much, so its hard to make a determination of its capacity. However, it is doubtful that they maintain the shield strength of the Motherships. IMO, they are definately stronger than Death Gliders, but could be defeated by superior numbers of F302s. Daedelus class ships could definatley take them on.

5) Motherships: Here lies the main threat to us. Despite all we have tried, the only way we have destroyed an Ori Motheship is with the vortex of the Supergate. We know that there is a weakness in their shields, but have yet to exploit it. As of right now, I cannot see any way of defeating the Ori Motherships.

So, in reality, the only real "unstoppable threat" to someone facing the Ori is their motherships. The ground troops suck, the Priors can be defeated, Adria is only one person, and we can assume that the fighters are capable of going down as well. In essence, we have the problem of the Halo universe, in which the only thing keeping the bad guy over us is the superior ship technology. After all, it doesn't matter how well you do on a planet if the big ships just blow the crap out of you from space.

foot soldiers:Yes, they are only humans.They can be easily killed.But priors can easily bring them back to life.And that's a big problem.
    We don't know how moany priors are there.Couple of them could use their offensive powers during a ground battles and others can resurect dead soldiers.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I have a feeling we'll be seeing that "First One" the Ori Warrior commander guy again.

Don't forget that Adria said it was all a ruse. I doubt the Ori Warriors will be that weak in actual combat as they were just pretending back at the village. Even if they did get shot up, they can be resurrected again.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Even though I haven't been keeping up with the episodes. I did think of one way to destroy a mother ship, and that's to beam in a nuke when they are on the ground. The nuke doesn't have to be large one, back in the fifties the US gov't had canons that would shoot smaller nukes off, but were never actually used because they would take too long to set up. The only bad thing is the civilian death toll would be high. However, the death rate from the Orii warriors shooting up the civilains would likely be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
          2) Priors: Definately a big threat on the ground. However, people seem to forget the anti-prior field that they came up with in "The Fourth Horseman". The field actually worked whhen set to the right frequency. This technology could be combined with a rotating frequency that hones in on the one that will knock out the prior. Have one man carry this generator in his backback and the priors are a severely dimished threat.
          But if more than one Prior is encountered at the same time, then they would not be able to counteract the powers of both Priors without a second device in range. Plus they would have to spend quite some time looking for the right frequencies while other people sacrifice their lives distracting the Priors... not exactly the most effective plan.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einx359
            So, in reality, the only real "unstoppable threat" to someone facing the Ori is their motherships. The ground troops suck, the Priors can be defeated, Adria is only one person, and we can assume that the fighters are capable of going down as well. In essence, we have the problem of the Halo universe, in which the only thing keeping the bad guy over us is the superior ship technology. After all, it doesn't matter how well you do on a planet if the big ships just blow the crap out of you from space.
            Great analysis!

Doing what you suggested above and we could also start feeding the resistance factors on various Ori occupied planets too. Force them to start spreading their forces out. The Ori don’t have the numbers right now to fight on multiple fronts.
            Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

like you said in the intro, your analysis is based on assumptions, assumptions aren't really reliable

Comment

All we have to do is to get rid of the priors then the motherships would be useless.

Comment

the ori themselves are immune to us. unless the merlin weapon is found. anything we could cook up the ascended ori dudes will own us far before that
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                    the ori themselves are immune to us. unless the merlin weapon is found. anything we could cook up the ascended ori dudes will own us far before that
                    The Ori can't actually do anything in our galaxy without involving the Ancients. That's why they didn't just sweep in to our galaxy themselves and own us.

Comment

Followers of the Ori have something far more powerful than ships and weapons, they have faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        Followers of the Ori have something far more powerful than ships and weapons, they have faith.
                        Which means they'll never give up the fight to punish us "unbelievers", no matter what we do.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

what we need is a virus like the one in 'the intruder' the wraith virus was very smart could of killed everyone if it didnt shut down the ship if we created a virus which kills everyone on board and to go round killing ori soldiers which TPTB wont do

we could have a fully conditioned ori ship and i doubt the priors or the followers are smart of removing it

and if carter can activate the shields with her DELL laptop then we could send the virus by earth ship unless adria manages to control the ship

but i could be wrong wid the virus thing
                          sigpic

Comment

the comp virus idea could work. Then again, its a little to cliche...

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Which means they'll never give up the fight to punish us "unbelievers", no matter what we do.
                              Which is why the Ori are such a powerful and good enemy. We have been up againstt "blind" faith before but never on this scale. We are up against a faith that is believeable because of their "abilities" far beyond those of the Goa'uld.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X